Pages:
Author

Topic: ICO or buy later on exchange ? - page 63. (Read 30126 times)

Activity: 317
Merit: 1
January 30, 2018, 04:39:51 AM
How often does the price get lower than the ICO price when a new coin is listed on its first exchange house ?

How come there are coins that are worth like 0.0004 $, usually during an ICO one coin is sold in the range of 1$ or not ?

Do some "coins" skip the ICO stage ?

I think buying coins when ico is more profitable because you will get some bonus tokens.
while when the coin enter your exchanger will not get any bonus.

I agree with you to buy coins when ico you will get double profit or bonus, than you buy dibursa, they give you bonus if buy ico when they need investors, and more profitable if you also participate in their ico project, but you also must be good at choosing ico project, see their roadmap, team background, their experience and others
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
January 29, 2018, 10:30:57 PM
How often does the price get lower than the ICO price when a new coin is listed on its first exchange house ?

How come there are coins that are worth like 0.0004 $, usually during an ICO one coin is sold in the range of 1$ or not ?

You always need to do your research before the ICO happens ( foundation of the token , background infos, et cetera) some ICOs end up dumping to a below ICO price after getting listed on an exchange.
But most of the times with solid projects and having the opportunity to buy in during the pre-sale you should take it. With buying during the pre-sale the chances of taking a loss are pretty slim if the project you invest in isn't an outright scam. So my Opinion definitely is buying during the ICO it's worth the risk to me.

I agree that buying at ICO price is worth the risk.. It will give us a huge profit if the project become successfull later..

But yes, the most important thing is, we have to do our research before, and make sure if the project looks promising in the future or not ~
Activity: 812
Merit: 257
PredX - AI-Powered Prediction Market
January 29, 2018, 10:27:11 PM
if you believe in the potential of the coin, I think it is better to buy at ICO, because at the time of ICO usually the price is cheaper and there is discount purchase.
Activity: 266
Merit: 41
January 29, 2018, 10:05:23 PM
I think there's a significant degree of correlation between ICOs that don't hit hard cap and sub-ICO price drops.  If they didn't have enough interest to sell all coins during main sale, then there's a chance that there will be a significant drop in price on exchange release.  In part, this will be free (bounty) coins being sold for quick profit, regardless of price.  Over time, if the coin can prove its worth it will naturally increase in value as it becomes more attractive to investors.
Activity: 2324
Merit: 175
January 29, 2018, 10:01:14 PM

Investing in a legit ICO is profitable because of the much lower price and additional bonus on purchase, I have seen and make a profit in Electroneum, they offer a huge bonus and I convert that bonus to profit better invest in a good ICO.
Activity: 1036
Merit: 520
1KoMmKPMG6xaWcqB8CPP3WJ8avRSVRHtP2
January 29, 2018, 09:23:10 PM

You always need to do your research before the ICO happens ( foundation of the token , background infos, et cetera) some ICOs end up dumping to a below ICO price after getting listed on an exchange.
But most of the times with solid projects and having the opportunity to buy in during the pre-sale you should take it. With buying during the pre-sale the chances of taking a loss are pretty slim if the project you invest in isn't an outright scam. So my Opinion definitely is buying during the ICO it's worth the risk to me.
Activity: 215
Merit: 11
January 29, 2018, 08:36:44 PM
Buying on presale is much better than that of buying after getting listed to the exchanges. Before getting listed to the exchanges we don't know what happens with the concern token, but it helps in predicting the market and invest accordingly once after getting listed to the exchanges.
Activity: 182
Merit: 11
January 29, 2018, 06:31:15 PM
There are some coins that when you see their outcome after hitting the exchanges you just appreciate the JOMO.
(Joy Of Missing Out).
legendary
Activity: 1876
Merit: 1000
January 29, 2018, 04:07:03 PM

Depends on what you want to do with that coins. ICO is a digital analogue of "Russian roulette")))
Activity: 58
Merit: 0
January 29, 2018, 02:48:53 PM
follow ico or buy in exchange both have advantages and disadvantages, if buy in ico usually get cheaper price, but also risky scam, if in market safer but its price more expensive than ico
Activity: 392
Merit: 102
January 29, 2018, 02:17:55 PM
if there are a lot of bounty participants and not all tokens are sold then chances are very much to buy these tokens at hitbtc or etherdelta much cheaper. Many bounty people also have a profit because they have not paid eth for the token. and many bounty people always sell immediately because they need money for themselves or the family. this is your chance to get token cheap
Activity: 2884
Merit: 794
I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!
January 29, 2018, 02:10:41 PM

I have stopped buying ICO. The many scams. In particular those who advertise on this page. Hope Earn.com gets lucky with their ICO advertisements. If companies have to pay $ 1 per contact I think they are more serious. Maybe regulation will help. We see what happens 2018.
I agree with this, icos went from being a way for developers to make reality their ideas about new coins to just a way to get money for scammers, there are still good icos out there but the amount of scams is so big that it is difficult to justify to keep investing in them when the chance of losing our money is so high, so the best thing to do is to monitor the coins we like and see if there is any rel progress and invest only when we see it.
Activity: 629
Merit: 108
January 29, 2018, 01:37:26 PM
It depends on the ICO.

I have joined 3 ICOs last year and all those 3 were cheaper when listing on exchanges. But it doesn't matter for me if I like the project with a great idea and solid team.
Activity: 280
Merit: 10
January 29, 2018, 01:08:48 PM
Today I bought a Coinfi at the Kucoin exchange. First, as always, the price grew almost x5, then began to decline. As a result, now traded somewhere in 3 times the price of ico. I do not think that it will decline much, but it will grow soon - 100%.
Activity: 700
Merit: 251
January 29, 2018, 01:03:43 PM

It happens often that the coins go down than their ICO price when there is FUD going on in the market already or the project does not have any hype and updates coming right after they hit exchanges.

yes many coins go parabolic after getting listed on the exchanges and you can see more than 100x return on them(an example is ICX coin)
Activity: 966
Merit: 100
January 29, 2018, 11:41:39 AM
if you think its ICO is  good project and have value yes you have buy on pre sale, when you miss on pre sale just buy when its get dump on exchange when bounty player make it.
Activity: 560
Merit: 101
January 29, 2018, 10:54:51 AM
If projects are legit wigh good projects, go for its ico because youa are assured of  high returns even  maximum. New tokens gives more benefits during ico due to big discounts and bonuses being given which can give you profit when it does good during the exchange.
Activity: 33
Merit: 0
January 29, 2018, 10:25:13 AM
ICO should give you the max return, especially if the project idea is solid. i will not aim to dump these coins in the first day in their exchange - I see this more like an investment by carefully selecting which ICOs to join. And do not put all your eggs in one basket - a % of your funds should go to ICO because your funds will be locked for a good period of time until the new coins trade in exchange or before they appreciate well in value.
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1004
January 29, 2018, 10:22:01 AM
It depends on the ICO, some of them definitely worth investing in ICO for a huge profit when it went on the market. While other ICOs will likely fail and the price will drop after it goes live on the market. Always do your own research before investing in ICO since you will take more risk than buying off the exchange. Also, solid team with unique project will always be successful
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
January 29, 2018, 09:58:38 AM
You will benefit more if you will purchase your coins/tokens in ICO than when it gets listed on the exchanges. Usually in ICO, especially on pre-sale, tokens are cheapest because you are offered with a significant discount or bonus. Some offer a staggering 100-200% bonus. With that bonus, you will absolutely be rewarded with insanely huge profit when it hit the exchange.

Pages:
Jump to: