Pages:
Author

Topic: ICO with proven business or ICO that start from zero? You pick! - page 3. (Read 773 times)

Activity: 644
Merit: 501
Hello fellow community members,

Recently I saw lots of people announcing new altcoins. They're planning to launch ICO soon. But I was wondering if we should invest in ICO with proven business which will reduce the risk of our investment or go big with ICO project that we believe in but it starts from zero?

The trend of ICO is everywhere and lots of SCAMS is happening. Therefore, viewing ICO from risk management perspective is also important. What do you guys think?

"Price is what you pay. Value is what you get." - Warren Buffett

You should probably diversify your portfolio to emcompass some ICOs which have a proven business model and a working product, and others that are promising but do not yet have anything tangible on offer that can be used.

The risk of investing in vaporware is extremely high, but can be rewarding.

E.g. EOS i believe is something that has a clear roadmap, but its software probably isn't ready just yet and main net launch is still some time away. But I would still invest in them. But Enjin coin etc. even though they've got an established business, the upside is small and i would not personally invest in them.
Activity: 145
Merit: 3
Many people will choose ICO with a proven business because it seems more reliable.

I think that in most cases it is. But there are good ideas for new projects that can bring a very good income without any business at all.
Activity: 994
Merit: 257
ICO with poven business is better. We are afraid about scammers that launch ICO only to gain money. At least we should know that the developers are really have skill. If they can provide already made product then it will makes investors thrust them. I hope some people can share about how to verify an ICO.
from my honest opinion, an ICO that's already have the business is just trying to gather money out of it so why bother funding them while they are already financially secure, unlike those ICO that start from zero but with credible information and reliable developers.
I could say, it's better to make a brilliant idea comes true than funding already proven business just to get its capitalisation bigger.
It really depends on your preferences, there are many people that prefer to invest in icos that have not done any work whatsoever, while there are other people that prefer to play it safe and prefer to invest in icos that have a project developed already, both approaches have their pros and cons and you must decide what type of investor you are and in which type of projects you will like to invest.
legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167
MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG
considering over 90% of icos will perish due to never completing their dreams and talk white paper I will avoid any that do not have a product in at least beta form that has a proven use case that can not easily be achieved with btc or eth.
Activity: 476
Merit: 41
"Going big" on an ico that starts from zero is a terrible choice.
I'm not going to say the cliche, "Because it's risky!"
I will give you a more practical reason:

In order to get substantial profit from an ico with no development, you will have to hold onto it for an extended period of time.
And ICO that has a working product or a product that will go live within a month after ICO has tremendous liquidity and demand.
You will be able to sell for a profit really easily in short amount of time.

And here is the important part: in order to gain huge profits through investing, it's not about just investing and waiting for 1000% gains, it is all about increasing the volume and value of your assets.
There is no buy one, hit the moon, and lambo that many people hope for.
You can not put a couple thousand into a coin and expect to be a millionare in a couple years.
Instead you should be focusing on increasing the amount of btc or eth you have (the 2 most readily convertible cryptos into cash)

So, you will find that you will get more profit by investing in an ico with a working product, selling quickly for profit, then reinvesting into another project.
Your capital will skyrocket faster than just "going big"
gon
Activity: 460
Merit: 251

Recently I saw lots of people announcing new altcoins. They're planning to launch ICO soon. But I was wondering if we should invest in ICO with proven business which will reduce the risk of our investment or go big with ICO project that we believe in but it starts from zero?

The trend of ICO is everywhere and lots of SCAMS is happening. Therefore, viewing ICO from risk management perspective is also important. What do you guys think?

I prefer projects starting from zero.
Scams are more often there but also the chances for quick rise and getting x5-x10 are much bigger than investing in already developed business.
Activity: 1582
Merit: 352
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

Yeah ICO's are on trend nowadays and they have got also problems regarding regulations in some other countries that is why they find it hard to make a move freely. Some other websites and social media are now restricting people to post something like an ICO promotion so marketing is really that hard for the team. So for me I have to obviously choose an ICO with a proven business since they were already known or maybe they have something to prove, show to the investors and advertisers who wants a safer and sure way of investments than those ICO's that started from zero but that really depends on every individual to choose or on how they might evaluate and see a potential towards the said ICO.
Activity: 49
Merit: 0
ICO is a speculative game. Is it not a gamble to invest in ICO?
People don't like these ICO projects, they just want to win.

Gamble is betting on something that you don't know.
Invest is betting on something in something you know due to your dilligence
Activity: 434
Merit: 10
On security, real projects are better, less chance for a scam. But there are very interesting projects from zero with great perspective.
Activity: 1
ICO is not only about looting your money, there are thousand of developers out there who are working hard day and night to make their project live.

i think ICO is the boon for such developers.
Activity: 196
Merit: 10
The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet
ICO is a speculative game. Is it not a gamble to invest in ICO?
People don't like these ICO projects, they just want to win.
Activity: 434
Merit: 102
Leading Cryptocurrency and Blockchain Company
From my experience it is better to invest in ICOs with a working business model or product already rather than start-up.Start ups take your money,start working and realize it isn't easy,then they start giving investors excuses and if you are unlucky you never hear from them again.In any case always do the appropriate due diligence before investing with anyone.
Activity: 736
Merit: 100
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

For me, it is good to invest in the ICO on which have a proven business because we know that there is a active team behind it that makes there project become successful in the future and there is a lesser chance that it will be turning into scam unlike the ICO on which is going to start because we doesn't now if they are serious in their project that makes every investors doubt if they are investing on it.
ICO with start from zero quite risky for me because possible those ICO would change being scam ICO eventually and i think most people want the most secure to ensure their money before investing at ICO so in this case ICO with proven business would be more safe and people will agreed about this
I also think that a proven business is much safer than an ITO from scratch. But there are times when an entirely new project, which has a good idea, but has no money for its implementation, is very interested in me. In this case, I will chat with the team and I will invest in such an ICO

I'm sure you have a great experience in investing in several ICO. Would you mind to share some of the ICO that you have invested in?
Activity: 546
Merit: 100
ICO with start from zero quite risky for me because possible those ICO would change being scam ICO eventually and i think most people want the most secure to ensure their money before investing at ICO so in this case ICO with proven business would be more safe and people will agreed about this
I also think that a proven business is much safer than an ITO from scratch. But there are times when an entirely new project, which has a good idea, but has no money for its implementation, is very interested in me. In this case, I will chat with the team and I will invest in such an ICO
Activity: 560
Merit: 11
It is always great to invest in an ICO with a ready-to-use product. Although sometimes there are ideas which are worth supporting. I think that sometimes people start an ico without a product because they are afraid that smb will be more bold and start an analogical project.
brand new
Activity: 0
Marinecoin - Payment System in Internet Artificial Intelligence (AI) of Things (IoT). time dilution technology. time dilution technology - artificial intelligence - self sustaining - community - fair distribution - iot -Many small partners should have heard of Marinecoin, because many friends in the Bitcoin Chinese section have recently participated in the airdrop mission, but do you really need to understand the information of the seacoin? Marinecoin was released in 2013 and the market value was once more than our ten thousand yuan. King - Bitcoin. Marinecoin’s block speed is very fast, almost five times that of Bitcoin. All in all, this is what I think is the most promising cryptocurrency in 2018:marineco.in/ A recent very popular freecoin project - marinecoin, of course, friends who often visit the Bitcoin forum must have participated in a lot of freecoin projects, but most of them are air-tokens that draw people’s heads. Our marinecoin is different. Have your own wallet, as long as you follow the steps to complete the free ico application to get coins, and marinecoin comes with the exchange, you can also directly use doge orLtc exchanges mtc directly, do not miss this opportunity, the oceanic currency with infinite potential.The URL is as follows: marineco.in/ Marinecoin I recommend to you has the following advantages:Advanced exchanges. From the first day you take your coin, our own exchange will provide you with liquidity. Marinecoin’s exchange is used as much as the design of many large exchanges.

Join the discord group to talk about this project. : discordapp.com/invite/zpQyDu6 or telegram:  t.me/MarinecoinMTC
Activity: 39
In order to be able to rate projects transparently by the community and professionals crypto needs a decentralized solution.
We are tackling exactly these kind of questions by rating projects with DRC using Blockchain Technology. DRC Incentives  the Community in conjunction with Professionals to assess projects and help create standards in crypto projects.

Distributed Regtech Platform (Abbreviated for DRC) is a professional and intelligent risk control and management platform based on blockchain, which sets up an “autonomous, mutually trusted, professional and transparent” distributed network for regulators, innovation projects and professional risk control agencies.

Check out Website  and https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ann-drc-sp-on-the-blockchain-building-wall-street-for-the-digital-world-3205257  join our Telegram for more information.

I'm ok with a fresh product as long as it fulfills my simple criteria. 1)Does it have a real world product? 2)Does it solve a legitimate problem that affects a good percentage of the population?

Check out Deedcoin. (www.deedcoinlaunch.com)

Thanks man! Check out MovieChain as well (www.moviechain.io)
Activity: 62

I'm ok with a fresh product as long as it fulfills my simple criteria. 1)Does it have a real world product? 2)Does it solve a legitimate problem that affects a good percentage of the population?

Check out Deedcoin. (www.deedcoinlaunch.com)
Pages:
Jump to: