Pages:
Author

Topic: ICOs are a legit or Scam? - page 45. (Read 32174 times)

Activity: 119
Merit: 0
June 01, 2018, 02:09:51 PM
First advice is to always check the team members` linkedin! A lot of info can be found in there. And of course check how SEC shows that is is easy to scam investors. Bloomberg article https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-05-16/sec-tries-to-scam-ico-investors-to-show-them-how-easy-it-is
Activity: 18
June 01, 2018, 02:06:06 PM
 if there is a real value, a good project and a competent management, results are good. And , if you just want to steal money from people, well... of course it's a scam.
Activity: 434
Merit: 100
Hexhash.xyz
June 01, 2018, 11:16:56 AM
Not all ICO's are legit because some of them are scam but it's hard to explain between them. Some campaign looks good but it turns into an scam layout. Until now it's so hard to defferentiate an legit and scam ICO's. But you will know what is the best answer if you do research and study this allegation so you will know and share what is the exact answer on this question.
Activity: 5
June 01, 2018, 10:42:31 AM
There are both legit and scam ICOs but its difficult to differentiate between both. Some ICOs may look legit in its initial stage and turn out to be a scam. So its difficult to differentiate between legit and scam ICOs.
Activity: 406
June 01, 2018, 07:43:36 AM
Given the serious lack of any regulation, we can often face fraudulent projects and this spoils everything for investors with a lack of a clear picture of what is happening in the market. I think in the near future we will see good projects with ideas and solutions to many problems, but the very fraudulent essence of most of them can persist
Activity: 84
June 01, 2018, 07:36:48 AM
MOST ICO ARE NOT REAL. JUST READ THIS BEFORE DECIDING WHERE TO INVEST.
Since the emergence of Bitcoin and Alt coins, many investors have experienced great profits and loses, this is as a result of some took time to study, researched and analyzed the project before investing while some dived into the projects with intension of making huge profit and ended up loosing good amount of money to scammers.

My discussion is about projects you can look forward to invest in crypto ecosystem.

Before investing on a project or token, especially before /during ICO, they are certain things you must look out for, which include the following

1, The token website.. To ascertain the validity of the project.

2, The Management team.. Do they have vast knowledge on the project and Blockchain? Check the various profiles of individual member of the project on Facebook and LinkedIn to verify their names and experience gained.

3,Their Advisor.. Do they have vast knowledge /experience on the project and blockchain technology?

4, The Tech. Consider the Technology that is being developed, does it make sense? Will it be a disruptive technology? What's the value proposition? What problem will that technology solve?

5, Their partners or Affiliate..  Do they have solid foundation, are they well known? What impact do they have? Check their company's name, their portfolio to verify.

6, Study their white paper.

7, Check if the project has a working prototype
8, Check their Roadmap to know if they are consistent on their promises, have they delivered Alpha Version? When is Beta version coming up? Though certain changes may occur on the process due to unforseen either upward and downward movement of the capital market.

9, What Market are they targeting? Will the project trade across US, Asia and Europe? Etc.

10,Check the token on Github. https://Github.com

11, Do your SWOT analysis and follow the token on

i, Bitcointalk
ii, Telegram
iii, Reddit
iv, Twitter
vi, Facebook
vii, Channel
viii, YouTube
E.T.C

You can check some ICOs website as well

https://www.Smithandcreown.com/
https://www.icoalert.com/
https://www.tokenmarket.net
https://icowatchlist.com/
www:icocountdown.com

Though I'm new on this platform, but since I decided to join crypto ecosystem, I made up my mind to do it full time. And ever since, i've being on steady research because i plan to make this (crypto /Blockchain tecnology) a career. So, i solicit for more input for the benefit of all.
Activity: 560
June 01, 2018, 07:16:54 AM
Unfortunately, now most of the ico is scam, but there are also good projects with a good idea and a team that will be able to realize their ideas.
I think in a short time it may happen that there will be a smaller part of good projects. At this time, the number of fraudulent projects is already large enough. And their number increases every day.
Activity: 186
Merit: 10
June 01, 2018, 06:28:38 AM
It should be borne in mind that if the ICO seems legitimate, it has all the technical documentation, then it does not completely guarantee that the project will not prove to be fraudulent
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
The BISTOX exchange - OWN WHAT YOU TRADE
May 31, 2018, 05:45:27 AM
Now all projects that enter the market are not regulated by anyone, respectively, they can be a Scam at any time as it was with the titanium. Many investors have lost their money
Activity: 159
🤖UBEX.COM 🤖
May 31, 2018, 05:43:21 AM
Legit if that ico succes at their project...if their hardcap reached..and if you choosing ico look softcap project their ico hasbeen sale or nothing..ico paid if their hardcap reached and they team get profit...and we will get paid from them..if not reached they not paid or we say ico scam
Activity: 84
May 31, 2018, 05:36:08 AM
Some people think it's legal, some people think it's fraud, I see it legal
Activity: 117
May 31, 2018, 05:06:53 AM
Some of them are legit and some of them are scam. We need to be more careful and be aware for those ICO. Need to found out about them deeply related to the project, teams and sales.
Activity: 25
May 31, 2018, 05:05:15 AM
If you want to invest in ICO. Then you must seriously study the projects you want to invest in, their team, concepts, core values, and feasibility.
legendary
Activity: 1778
Merit: 1026
Free WSPU2 Token or real dollars
May 30, 2018, 11:59:38 AM
Hi Guys,

Im pretty keen to understand more about ICOs and intend to invest in some.
ANY recommended ICOs and any advise how you guys determine whether is it a legit or Scam?

Thanks in advance.

99% of ICOs are designed for one purpose only - and that is to enrich the creator(s). In other words, yes, most of them are scams.

However, there are plenty of legit ICOs out there too. You just need to be very careful about which ones you choose to invest in. Do a lot of research in terms of the development team, whitepaper, road-map, etc. to gauge how successful you think it will be and then decide.

Perhaps the ICOs are created for enriching  the token holders?
Why do people only see the creator side?
Am I the only one who created ERC20 tokens to make profit for the token holders?
Activity: 644
Merit: 117
swing!
May 30, 2018, 11:58:57 AM
Definitely consisted of both obviously, many projects on the market valued over 500m are mostly funded by ICOs and has solid progress over since, of course you have to speculative on every projects are there are many factors to determine whenever its 'fishy' or not, if you are keen in programming things are pretty solid if you could check out their progress on github, not just partnerships and random news, source of information has be to unbiased and well, things goes and you have to be prepare for any turns, big projects could slow down, get overpriced and it's really hard to say they are truly legit or not. To start on a fresh ICOs, you have pretty much all the necessary information on white papers, the rest is all about observation and quick judgements, invest carries a pretty high risk these days in ICOs as you could easily fall off your initial buys early and never get back.
Activity: 144
May 30, 2018, 11:54:25 AM
many legitimate ico jan but even though they do not reach the hardcap of ico they still have a way to knock people for people to use it but there are also scams ico so double wary especially for investors just as long as invest or trust those who invite you to invest in their ico
Activity: 308
May 30, 2018, 11:51:40 AM
to determine the legit or scam of the ico project, you should see the project rules first, especially the concept project and the map rules ico.i choose an ico project consider the price and bonus. if the allocation bonuses a lot then the possibility of the project will be greater success.
Activity: 124
May 30, 2018, 11:48:14 AM
Hi Guys,

ANY recommended ICOs and any advise how you guys determine whether is it a legit or Scam?

Thanks in advance.
I suggest you avoid joining in ICO if you have a hard time identifying which ICO is best to invest because relying in others opinion is a bad habit. It is better to do your own research before you invest in ICO or even in an existing altcoin.
Exactly! Doing personal research is a wise one than believing for a sweet words which can be a lie. Money is money and if you lost it the second thing is your good condition. So better to act responsibly when it comes investing.
Activity: 644
Merit: 250
May 30, 2018, 11:44:13 AM
Hi Guys,

Thanks in advance.
I suggest you avoid joining in ICO if you have a hard time identifying which ICO is best to invest because relying in others opinion is a bad habit. It is better to do your own research before you invest in ICO or even in an existing altcoin.
Activity: 238
May 30, 2018, 07:01:38 AM
The greater the development that occurs in the crypto, the emerging ICO is growing rapidly. It makes ICO scam also wandering everywhere, but the percentage still proves that the legitimate ICO has a higher percentage than the scam ICO, so you still have a great chance to get a valid ICO. Always be vigilant in choosing the ICO to be followed, and paying close attention to the qualifications, information, and requirements applied in the ICO, I think you will always get good benefits.
Well, there are some opinion on this. Some people said that the legit ico is more than scam like what you said and many people said scam ico is more than legit. For me i see more legit than scam like you said but bad ico has more hype in the term of news. Bad news is spreading faster than good news thats what i think.
Pages:
Jump to: