Pages:
Author

Topic: ICOs in 2018 not same as 2017. - page 31. (Read 6963 times)

Activity: 523
Merit: 300
August 01, 2018, 04:36:50 AM
The new ICO's are more greedy than the older one's. And last year, there was actually some great projects that did the ICO, like BAT, status, civic, rlc, people were excited about. Most of them are genuine projects with development continuing, but the new ones are just scams.
Activity: 57
Merit: 0
August 01, 2018, 04:16:45 AM
I think this is due to the overall long-term decline in the market .Too many new ICOS are available, making investors more selective.
Activity: 238
August 01, 2018, 03:38:52 AM
2017 ico was better off this year based on my little research, ico of 2017 still brought sone roi whike almosr all ico conducted in 2018 are failed which fall below ico after listing.
Activity: 154
Merit: 1
August 01, 2018, 03:33:41 AM
I agree, most of ico's once they list on exchange it will dumpep to below ico price.
So now im not supporting or investing on ico's. All my investment on ico's this year not give me profit,only 30% back from my investment.
So it's better to wait on exchanges.
Activity: 364
August 01, 2018, 03:33:19 AM
It is quite normal to expect the ICO tokens to have a dip in price during the first few months of their launch. It is because of the bounty participants that the price fall because there are many people who work in bointy programs to promote the ICOs and then when the tokens/coins are launched in the exchanges, the people dump it to get BTC in return for it. This is how the cycle had been working until today.
Not only bounty hunters that dump which cause dip in the price of coins but investors too dump their coins because they've gotten some unimaginable bonus during tokensale so they can sell at below ICO price and still get good profit
Activity: 182
August 01, 2018, 03:22:41 AM
There are no buyers for all these ICOs. Unfortunately there just isnt enough interested people in the smaller projects until price turns around.
Activity: 686
Merit: 10
August 01, 2018, 03:22:19 AM
this is my own opinion but it may help others.

I have found that all the ICOs i have invested in have launched at almost the ICO price but in a few days dipped below the ICO prices by half or 5X for some.

With this i have discovered its better not to invest in an ICO but wait for the launch and the DIP to buy it at the corrected prices made by market forces.
Its just too hard to tell the real or recommended value of a token in an ICO these days.

Hope this helps to the new investors thinking of ICOs

After all those ICO projects which are like scam. I don’t believe that ICO has changed. On my mind it is much more important to learn work in modern situation and to have an intuition for choosing right projects.

Yes, we have to learn many things from the scam ICO's because we don't find anything interesting in the projects. Then we can easily understand this project might scam the people because scam project will always focus on stealing the money from the people.
Activity: 1064
Merit: 500
August 01, 2018, 03:19:46 AM
this is my own opinion but it may help others.

I have found that all the ICOs i have invested in have launched at almost the ICO price but in a few days dipped below the ICO prices by half or 5X for some.

With this i have discovered its better not to invest in an ICO but wait for the launch and the DIP to buy it at the corrected prices made by market forces.
Its just too hard to tell the real or recommended value of a token in an ICO these days.

Hope this helps to the new investors thinking of ICOs

After all those ICO projects which are like scam. I don’t believe that ICO has changed. On my mind it is much more important to learn work in modern situation and to have an intuition for choosing right projects.
Activity: 560
Merit: 250
July 29, 2018, 05:21:20 AM
I am sure that in such conditions of a decline in the crypto market, the overall decline in ICO prices is quite normal. It remains to expect the recovery of the crypto market, then the ICO will improve.
Activity: 420
Merit: 10
July 28, 2018, 05:02:23 PM
I believe that this situation was not at all the fault of the ICO. Now you can notice the emergence of problems and procrastination in the whole crypto market.
Activity: 223
July 28, 2018, 11:53:53 AM
You have presumed this well, but I feel this should not discourage us investing in any researched ICO in it's entirety. The lesson is to invest and probably have some ICO investment bonuses, hold till after the launch/Dip that the Market correct the anormally, since all Bounty Hunters must have done dumping.
Activity: 308
Merit: 11
July 28, 2018, 11:45:43 AM
The activities for the production of initial coins (ICO) can not be the same from year to year. The situation in the market is constantly changing. First of all, in the first half of this year, the number of ICO itself has almost doubled - up to 537. However, it has become much more difficult for ICO teams to work because of a general fall in the crypto-currency market and stagnation in prices. Therefore, ICO teams very often extend the term of ICO or from the very beginning set a long period for holding it. Osbeno it is observed now. They want to seize the period of possible rise of the crypto-currency market. Therefore, even now many ICOs set the deadline for the end of fundraising in October or even November. Such a long term of ICO is not very good for bounty hunters.
Activity: 28
July 28, 2018, 11:42:17 AM
I will prefer for it to be regulated which would be applied into upcoming ICO's which will really put end to those fraud projects which do only aims on scamming out investors. Comparing last year and this year we do see such increase in numbers but most of them or high percentage are just total garbage unlike on previous year were most of projects are really worth to invest on but now you will hesitate already because high risk on losing money is there.
Activity: 169
July 28, 2018, 11:40:51 AM
i don't think so !! ICOS in 2018 and 2017 there diferent at all!! cause in 2017 they have full or high demand and high price of there token !! but in 2018 they got low and going down but still there ICOs at the same time!!
Activity: 70
July 28, 2018, 11:39:05 AM
most of ICO fail in 2018 some ICO s investor lost there money by 90%.
Activity: 378
Merit: 101
dApps Development Automation Platform
July 28, 2018, 11:38:41 AM
In 2018, a lot of ICOs could not raise capital. These projects are not scammers, they just chose a difficult time to run the project. I hope that in 2019 the situation will improve significantly.
Activity: 302
July 28, 2018, 11:36:10 AM
Yes, the ICO market is changing a lot and you need to be ready for this. Indeed, sometimes it is more advantageous to buy coins after leaving ICO at lower prices, but this is not always the case. Therefore, everyone must decide on their own how to make a profit in this market.
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000
July 28, 2018, 11:35:30 AM
Yes, you said it is good, and many people have observed this. Almost all coins were higher than the initial price when they were listed last year. But this year, on the contrary, most coins have fallen.

We know that the coin will dumped in their 1st release in the market, most of the user here are telling other users or suggest others to buy during the dumped period, but not all coins can recover, most of the coins stay in their low price and seldom recover from their lost. So it always depend on how you handle th situation.
No, I don't know most the ICO tokens after listed on the first exchange is always dump in the market. I have invested in a lot of ICOs, and many projects gave me high profit at the first time trade on the "official exchange", not is on the Decentralized Exchange (DEX). Example UTRUST, CREDITS, NKN, WePower, Genesis Vision, etc. these projects gave me at least a 200% profit if I have invested since ICO.
Activity: 420
Merit: 100
Harmony for One and All
July 28, 2018, 11:26:40 AM
It is quite normal to expect the ICO tokens to have a dip in price during the first few months of their launch. It is because of the bounty participants that the price fall because there are many people who work in bointy programs to promote the ICOs and then when the tokens/coins are launched in the exchanges, the people dump it to get BTC in return for it. This is how the cycle had been working until today.

You are absolutely correct. The ICO space is changed alot since end of 2017. Previously we got returns like 3x to 5x on top of ICO price for most of the projects. But now a days we are not even getting returns like 2x on Good ICOs. So it is better to pick the tokens from the market instead of in ICO because previously ICO space is occupied by their community but now mostly the huge portion of tokens are captured by VCs with higher discounts and they are dumping on us once the tokens are listed in exchanges.
Activity: 910
Merit: 101
July 28, 2018, 11:15:20 AM
Sure 2017 was not the same as 2018 for ICO. In 2017 there was a bull market pumping everything up. As for now we have got BTC decrease, several ICO bans and unclear perspectives of crypto advertisement.
That's make sence.

I agree to this year indeed that I also feel every ICO is different in 2017 and now 2018, almost every ICO is successful, unlike the years now many ICO's fail or lack of achievement in soft caps, but hopefully it's great for future of ICO in the coming year.
Pages:
Jump to: