Pages:
Author

Topic: If Bitcoin dies does altcoin die? - page 27. (Read 17293 times)

Activity: 37
Merit: 1
February 14, 2018, 02:24:55 PM
Bitcoin is a very popular crypto coin today, we know that Bitcoin will be very expensive in the future but I imagine if Bitcoin die, whether there will be hope for the future of altcoin? because most altcoin exchanges are to bitcoins
your opinion is highly appreciated. Smiley

Only those alt coins will survive will have some unique features or benefits over bitcoins. However, in terms of price they will suffer as well. I do not excpet in anything except bitcoins currently.
Activity: 406
Merit: 100
February 14, 2018, 02:11:37 PM
Bitcoin centers are developing all cryptocurrency. If there is no bitcoin then it will be hard to imagine the other coins.
Activity: 586
Merit: 250
February 14, 2018, 01:53:33 PM
It seems the market knows that this possibility could happen so the market makes ETH the main choice, apparently not, look at ethereum because there are many trades that make ethereum as the primary choice of bitcoin so that ethereum usage keeps increasing.
Activity: 364
Merit: 103
February 14, 2018, 01:19:58 PM
Bitcoin started it all. I mean bitcoin was the first cryptocurrency who made it till now and if it is going to dies, it is definitely for a certain reason and along with it other crptocurrecy will surely be affected.
Activity: 457
Merit: 262
February 14, 2018, 12:59:18 PM
Right now there are too many coins floating around, and I don't think that all of them are going to survive in the long-term. I am not even sure about the survival of Bitcoin. If it loses the no.1 position, then it will become gradually obsolete.
Activity: 97
Merit: 0
February 14, 2018, 12:46:10 PM

The blockchain will exist in some form, either Bitcoin or another altcoin. It is hard to believe that Bitcoin, Ethereum, and Litecoin will fade to obscurity
Activity: 98
Merit: 1
February 14, 2018, 12:37:41 PM
I think yes. Just imagine bitcoin and altcoin in a pyramid and  bitcoin is in top while all other altcoins are the ones that make the pyramid. By observing this we can state that if the any part or of the pyramid below gets a problem then it will surely have an effect at the top and vice versa. That is why if bitcoin dies then altcoin dies too. They are connected as a part of a whole, giving a relative value to their connections.
Activity: 994
Merit: 544
February 14, 2018, 12:12:19 PM
It's not if, it's when,

Bitcoin will eventually die if it doesn't evolve, it was the pioneer and we won't forget that but with other coins on the rise with real use cases  the future for crypto looks great, for BTC not so much-

My personal prediction, bitcoin dies, ETH and other useful alt-coins rise in it's place-

In my opinion, if ever bitcoin will die then so other coins.  Simply because bitcoin is the basis of all the crypto currency.  So if bitcoin will die then alt coin will likewise die   Bitcoin is the most popular and trusted digital currency so if it dies many will not believe anymore.
Activity: 2
February 14, 2018, 11:16:21 AM
It's not if, it's when,

Bitcoin will eventually die if it doesn't evolve, it was the pioneer and we won't forget that but with other coins on the rise with real use cases  the future for crypto looks great, for BTC not so much-

My personal prediction, bitcoin dies, ETH and other useful alt-coins rise in it's place-

Activity: 128
February 14, 2018, 11:13:53 AM
Bitcoin is a very popular crypto coin today, we know that Bitcoin will be very expensive in the future but I imagine if Bitcoin die, whether there will be hope for the future of altcoin? because most altcoin exchanges are to bitcoins

It might depend on the reason why Bitcoin can die. In case when the death is due to total ban of Bitcoin as done by all governments or regimes then there is a possibility that Bitcoin death can also mean the death of altcoins. Now, if the reason can be other than that or it is within Bitcoin like losing the appeal from the market then there is a possibility that another coin can rise up to take the vacuum of leadership.
Thank you for your answers.
I also think if bitcoin dies because of loss of attraction and consumers. ETH will take over Bitcoin because we know that ETH is the most popular after Bitcoin. how do you think about that?

I also think that if bitcoin dies, ethereum would be the next big altcoin in the market, because ethereum also now is gaining popularity so we dont have to worry that if bitcoin gone, i know there will be a replacement.
Activity: 462
Merit: 100
February 14, 2018, 11:05:46 AM

Bitcoin is now quite popular, but I think that if altcoin is promising and many people support it, then it will exist without bitcoin.
Activity: 586
February 09, 2018, 03:39:38 PM
Can be said that bitcoin is the parent of cryptocurrency, it appears that the effect of bitcoin is very big, when the price drops then the price of all coins or tokens automatically also drops, if bitcoin die then I'm sure altcoin also die.
Activity: 507
Adoption Blockchain e-Commerce to World
February 09, 2018, 03:24:10 PM
The death of bitcoin is of course caused, if it is replaced by another coin then altcoin still exist, but if the bitcoin die because all countries strictly regulate and agree to banned bitcoin then automatically altcoin also die.
Activity: 27
February 09, 2018, 03:23:11 PM
I'm not sure if the dead bitcoin will be followed by the death of altcoin, it could be another coin that plays a role as a trading center because of the possibilities that could happen in cryptocurrency, but if bitcoin's dies that will have an impact on trading in altcoin exchanges.
Activity: 238
Merit: 10
February 09, 2018, 03:17:00 PM
If Bitcoin was die then all alts coin should be touch the bottom of entire market. Almost most all exchange mainly depend on BTC and ETH. Crypto currency market capital , ICO success rates etc are also compare with according to Bitcooin rates.  If bitcoin die suddenly , then entire market also die instantly .
Activity: 243
Merit: 11
February 09, 2018, 01:45:22 PM
I think if the bitcoin dies then altcoin will not die, it is currently in the crypto world and the most popular is bitcoin would be otherwise if the reason for bitcoin dies because it disappears from the market appeal then there is the possibility of another coin can rise and excel in order to replace bitcoin.
Activity: 224
February 09, 2018, 01:38:23 PM
yes,bitcoin die alcoin die,bitcoin is heath of whole market
Activity: 402
February 09, 2018, 01:34:48 PM
it could have happened, and this topic needs to be expanded again, for example why the bitcoin is dead and its cause, for altcoin segment itself could be the successor of bitcoin. so not necessarily if the dead bitcoin eat alt coin is also dead. #CMIIW
Activity: 579
Merit: 309
February 09, 2018, 01:24:00 PM

It might depend on the reason why Bitcoin can die. In case when the death is due to total ban of Bitcoin as done by all governments or regimes then there is a possibility that Bitcoin death can also mean the death of altcoins. Now, if the reason can be other than that or it is within Bitcoin like losing the appeal from the market then there is a possibility that another coin can rise up to take the vacuum of leadership.

If the question is about ban by the all country of the world then it is possible to die all coin, if some company purchase bitcoin then it is impossible.
Much information suggests that big companies are focusing with bitcoin or making new coins, among them are Samsung, Fuji, Hyundai and so on, of course this is a great guarantee to make bitcoin persist.
Activity: 241
Merit: 11
February 09, 2018, 01:04:49 PM
I do think so, sibce bitcoin is needed to be able to buy these altcoins, illegalizing bitcoin is a big puch in the face for the cryptocurrency world. Because banning bitcoin means no more altcoins because you are literally stripped away of availing altcoins Because the first step of buying altcoin was illegalized. So unless altcoin programmers find a way to turn these altcoins into indepentent crpytocurrebcies then these cryptocoins would still need to depend on bitcoin to continue to thrive.
Pages:
Jump to: