Pages:
Author

Topic: If Bitcoin dies does altcoin die? - page 31. (Read 17293 times)

Activity: 133
Merit: 0
January 19, 2018, 11:52:28 PM
No, if Bitcoin die all other crypto currency  will not die.  That's why they are called alternative  currencies.  They exist as another coins which is independent  of bitcoin activities.  Though bitcoin movement  affect all other crypto currency  but not necessary  it can make it exit if it does.
Activity: 231
Merit: 10
January 19, 2018, 11:42:56 PM
Bitcoin is a very popular crypto coin today, we know that Bitcoin will be very expensive in the future but I imagine if Bitcoin die, whether there will be hope for the future of altcoin? because most altcoin exchanges are to bitcoins
your opinion is highly appreciated. Smiley
There are a limited scenarios in which Altcoins won't die along with bitcoin and one of it is when it's users shift into more powerful cryptocurrency available, but that is only if bitcoin system failed itself. But if the government decides to ban bitcoin then other altcoins will die along with it because bitcoin is the biggest cryptocurrency now in the market.
Activity: 13
January 19, 2018, 10:56:37 PM
Bitcoin is a very popular crypto coin today, we know that Bitcoin will be very expensive in the future but I imagine if Bitcoin die, whether there will be hope for the future of altcoin? because most altcoin exchanges are to bitcoins
btc is a major crypto in the crypto currency system but it is difficult to say this, because now besides btc there are many other crypto that also attract btc investment, such as ETH, BitcoinCash, etc.
Activity: 41
January 19, 2018, 10:51:23 PM
Any government or country cannot ban bitcoin alone, instead they will ban the entire crypto currency. Execution of the strategies and plans play a key role in the growth of it and overall place in the crypto sector and anything happening in other coin don't affect that much in my opinion.
Activity: 126
January 19, 2018, 10:47:27 PM
I don't think bitcoin will die. Bitcoin is the world's most popular cryptocurrency, and many other cryptocurrencies mimic the BTC. As long as bitcoin is alive, altcoin will survive. BTC is the benchmark for other digital currencies, and other encrypted currencies are at stake with BTC.
Activity: 266
Merit: 1
DATABLOCKCHAIN.IO SALE IS LIVE | MVP @ DBC.IO
January 19, 2018, 10:47:03 PM

If bitcoin dies, most altcoins will be going down too! This is evident in what happened on Monday to Wednesday, this week; as bitcoin was dipping, they too were dipping. I will presume there will be another coin to take over bitcoin's place I.e ethereum.
Activity: 182
January 19, 2018, 10:46:12 PM
As far as I know, all alternative coins are depending to bitcoin because this is the most valuable in the crypto market. Most of the people invest on bitcoin which means that if bitcoin dies then all of them will lose their hope of holding their altcoins which will result of dying. Bitcoin is known as the fundamental of crypto currency.
Activity: 350
Merit: 47
January 19, 2018, 10:38:48 PM
I don't think alt coins would die if ever bitcoins would die. Since bitcoin is like any other defending sports champion, when defeated(dies) other competing altcoins would compete who would rise on top.
Activity: 224
Merit: 101
January 19, 2018, 09:00:07 PM
Bitcoin is the mothership but its almost 10 years old. Other Altcoins out there will be just as good i think in the future or better.

Bitcoin is the first digital currency, it is the mother of all digital currency because without it, I don't think that altcoin will ever be created. But I don't think that bitcoin is the best digital currency, there is a lot of other digital currency that is far more better than bitcoin. Bitcoin is just the first one, and the most expensive one, but it is not the best one.
Activity: 532
Merit: 100
January 19, 2018, 08:58:31 PM
Altcoins and bitcoins have many investors in the whole world. So they will not die as long as there are investors that will support them. They will only die if everybody will backout in supporting them.
Activity: 504
January 19, 2018, 08:55:08 PM
Altcoins will live even if bitcoin die. If bitcoin will die its not mean that all cryptocurrency will die also. There are so many promising altcoin. That can be the next bitcoin if bitcoin will fall.
Activity: 140
EFFECT.AI▲Decentralized network for A.Iυ
January 19, 2018, 08:54:54 PM
bitcoin is already slowly being decoupled from alts. Sure if bitcoin dies, the market will probably be pretty bearish for a while. But i dont see alts success being tied to bitcoin. They will recover eventually.
Activity: 107
January 19, 2018, 08:50:13 PM
Bitcoin is the mothership but its almost 10 years old. Other Altcoins out there will be just as good i think in the future or better.
Activity: 127
January 19, 2018, 08:34:29 PM

It depends on how and why Bitcoin dies. Yes, there will be a drastic effect on the other altcoin but if the reason of Bitcoin is on the government banning then the other altcoin will not be affected too much.
I think that if bitcoin will die by a cryptocurrency ban then it will be a huge news for the whole market of the cryptocurrencies and i think that will be the same reason for the altcoins to die because of the banning of the government will void all the people for using bitcoin or even altcoins.

Bitcoin means the total crypto markets. All of the pairs in forms of BTC. If bitcoin dies, the rest can't live anymore. This is the reality and we should see how important bitcoin is. It's the fundamental of the markets.
Activity: 2590
Merit: 644
January 19, 2018, 08:33:20 PM

It depends on how and why Bitcoin dies. Yes, there will be a drastic effect on the other altcoin but if the reason of Bitcoin is on the government banning then the other altcoin will not be affected too much.
I think that if bitcoin will die by a cryptocurrency ban then it will be a huge news for the whole market of the cryptocurrencies and i think that will be the same reason for the altcoins to die because of the banning of the government will void all the people for using bitcoin or even altcoins.
Activity: 132
Merit: 12
January 19, 2018, 06:39:36 PM
Bitcoin is the strongest, biggest and most valuable cryptocurrency, but we can't forget about the others. For instance, Ethereum is getting more and more popular and there was also huge increase of it some time ago. Nowadays, we can't deny that there is a hegemony of Bitcoin. At the moment, I'm almost sure that any cryptocurrency couldn't exist when Bitcoin dies, but in the future it's probable that it will.
Activity: 392
Merit: 105
January 19, 2018, 05:43:16 PM

It would not have to happen like that. In fact I think that although the death of bitcoin would be very significant for its pioneering quality, the market would gradually absorb the initial impact to continue its explosive development, because I would even think that the current situation of bitcoin make it a burden for all other altcoins that tend to suffer their setbacks because to date the bitcoin remains the main reference to set the price of each altcoin.
Activity: 211
January 19, 2018, 04:54:15 PM

Activity: 523
Merit: 285
January 19, 2018, 04:45:56 PM
It's really hard to tell. Why would Bitcoin die anyway? We are working on solutions that will speed up Bitcoin in the future. Unfortunately, many hard forks occur because of this. That may kill Bitcoin someday. Right now, the price of altcoins mostly depend on Bitcoin. When there is an upcoming hard fork or Bitcoin price decreases then altcoins value is also decreasing.
Activity: 420
January 19, 2018, 04:35:03 PM
Now, bitcoin is the king of cryptocurrencies and we can say the price of altoins linked with the price of bitcoin. As a result, there is a lot of money backing it. but i think if bitcoin die ethereum or ripple will be the secondly king of  cryptocurrencies.  Grin
Pages:
Jump to: