Pages:
Author

Topic: If Bitcoin dies does altcoin die? - page 30. (Read 17293 times)

Activity: 138
Merit: 102
January 24, 2018, 06:04:24 PM
All are altcoins but I think that's about it.
If one dies it's not necessary for the other one to die as well.
Activity: 224
Merit: 101
January 24, 2018, 06:02:26 PM
Some can't wait for it to die so other more advanced coins would take its place!

So no, alts won't die!

What is needed is to loosen Bitcoin - Alts codependancy and eventually kill it!
Activity: 171
Merit: 0
January 24, 2018, 05:58:06 PM
I think if bitcoin die is nothing happen but if the bitcoin truly die i think the altcoins die too but i know that bitcoin is a strong cryptocurrency and i know that sometimes the bitcoin value going decrease but i know that bitcoin is going increase again and more investors still use bitcoin as their main income, so if bitcoin die, the commnunities will have to change their invesments into altcoins, however i think the shock after bitcoin die will very huge altcoins will drop too that will take a very long time for altcoins to rise again......
Activity: 48
January 24, 2018, 05:55:13 PM
I think not.
Especially if the reason why bitcoin died is because people loses interest on it. Because if this situation does happen then it only means that those people may have shifter their invesments to other altcoins.
Activity: 207
Merit: 10
January 24, 2018, 05:19:23 PM
There are different reasons as to why bitcoin might die. First, bitcoin might die because altcoins are becoming really good and they started to take over. Second, bitcoin might die just because it destroyed itself. Another, bitcoin might die because a new technology is taking over the internet. That means that cryptocurrencies as a whole are dying and so both bitcoins and altcoins are going to die.
Activity: 154
Merit: 102
January 24, 2018, 04:36:57 PM
It's really hard to tell. Why would Bitcoin die anyway? We are working on solutions that will speed up Bitcoin in the future. Unfortunately, many hard forks occur because of this. That may kill Bitcoin someday. Right now, the price of altcoins mostly depend on Bitcoin. When there is an upcoming hard fork or Bitcoin price decreases then altcoins value is also decreasing.
Activity: 1176
Merit: 104
January 24, 2018, 02:00:40 PM
Bitcoin is like the mother of all wherein all of them are not here because of it. But see there's a chance that an altcoin will inherite the place of btc in future. However, for me if bitcoin will die whatever the reason is, all will be affected and might die as well since currently whenever you need fiat currency still you need to trade it in btc.
Activity: 1098
Merit: 500
January 24, 2018, 01:56:02 PM
It will be because of what will happen the fall of bitcoin. There is a high probability that some other altcoin, better than bitcoin, will break out ahead and become the leader of cryptology. But bitcoin can fall for a reason relating to all crypto currencies. For example, a total ban by the government.
Activity: 896
Merit: 500
Dolphins Finance TRUSTED FINANCE
January 24, 2018, 01:55:31 PM
As for now I don't think bitcoin is the great one in the network.
But it's legend and it affect to all altcoin.
So if it crash almost altcoin value will be go to 0
It will take a year to get altcoin value back if this happen cometrue and their will be other market leader!
Activity: 65
January 24, 2018, 01:50:04 PM
If the most decentralized coin (bitcoin) dies, then all other coins will die eventually. Anything that is centralized (all other altcoins) is not as robust as something decentralized with no single point of failure. However, I think that the idea that bitcoin will die is naive and shows a lack of an understanding of why it is needed and how bitcoin works.
Activity: 156
January 24, 2018, 01:46:04 PM
As long there are users and investors, Bitcoin will be impossible to die. If the time will come, before the Bitcoin to die i'm sure it will be a huge chaos and selling all assets or stocks in all altcoins will happen. But from the perspective today, it will be the opposite. Bitcoin will continue to grow and develop with the help of other cryprocurrencies. New cryptocurrencies didnt act as a poison to kill Bitcoin but is make it more popular to others.

Altcoins are the fundamental part of the bitcoin. If bitcoin have some serious problems, altcoins will be afffected by them very hard. This is undesired situation for each of us clearly.
Activity: 161
Merit: 101
AI SOLUTION TO VOLATILITY IN YOUR CRYPTO SAVINGS
January 24, 2018, 01:39:00 PM
As long there are users and investors, Bitcoin will be impossible to die. If the time will come, before the Bitcoin to die i'm sure it will be a huge chaos and selling all assets or stocks in all altcoins will happen. But from the perspective today, it will be the opposite. Bitcoin will continue to grow and develop with the help of other cryprocurrencies. New cryptocurrencies didnt act as a poison to kill Bitcoin but is make it more popular to others.
Activity: 81
January 20, 2018, 04:27:39 AM
I don't think all altcoins will die, but there will definitely be a massive sell-off on all coins and chaos for a couple of weeks at least...
Activity: 168
January 20, 2018, 04:25:25 AM
I don't think that bitcoin will die and I do not know also in the future bitcoin die or not. Because bitcoin is money, money is all we need, and we use money in everything we do in life. I just now have no bitcoin do not do anything because my main income is bitcoin.
Activity: 105
Merit: 6
Get Paid to Play your Media on Current
January 20, 2018, 04:23:15 AM
Bitcoin is not going to die, because BTC has been widely used!
Many ICO are imitating bitcoin, and many digital passwords have become counterfeit.
No technology, no innovation, lots of it, just to circle the money.
Their death is inevitable!
If BTC dies, then other altcoin must die before BTC!
Activity: 75
January 20, 2018, 04:02:17 AM
I think if Bitcoin were to die in the next few years then yes it would be the end of cryptocurrencies all together as it is still the major player and for those without any knowledge the only real one they are aware of. I think if given time to establish themselves, the other coins could survive beyond bitcoin. However this is all hypothetically speaking as I do not see bitcoin dying.
Activity: 79
January 20, 2018, 03:57:05 AM
It might depend on the reason why Bitcoin can die. And most altcoin exchanges are for bitcoin.
Activity: 585
Merit: 250
PredX - AI-Powered Prediction Market
January 20, 2018, 12:36:21 AM
Yes true, we all know that bitcoin is leading of all coins and if bitcoin price goes down then automatically altcoin price also drop, as happened a few days ago that bitcoin price decrease affect altcoin price.
Activity: 14
January 20, 2018, 12:27:51 AM
The two are separate cases and therefore should not be compared. They are all cryptocurrencies meaning the movement of one is independent of the other.
Activity: 229
Merit: 100
January 20, 2018, 12:19:34 AM
Bitcoin is the mothership but its almost 10 years old. Other Altcoins out there will be just as good i think in the future or better.

Bitcoin is the first digital currency, it is the mother of all digital currency because without it, I don't think that altcoin will ever be created. But I don't think that bitcoin is the best digital currency, there is a lot of other digital currency that is far more better than bitcoin. Bitcoin is just the first one, and the most expensive one, but it is not the best one.
If Bitcoin died, It would be a chance for the others digital coin develop and took the first place in the market. I can deny that Bitcoin is the most popular cryptocurrency with the highest price now. However, each digital coin work individually. That's why they will continue developing even Bitcoin falls down and dies.
Pages:
Jump to: