Pages:
Author

Topic: If Bitcoin had a stable price, would it still be as popular? - page 26. (Read 171736 times)

Activity: 340
Merit: 100
Do you think if BTC had a stable price which could only be altered by $0.01-0.10 it would still be as popular and as used?
I guess so, I think stability of value doesn't affect the number of people who do BTC.  BTC is not only about investing just to earn money. You can do other way alternative for that such as joining in forums, campaigns and etc. From it you can have your own income. And in addition, it would still be popular since btc is so easy to use and as well as it is easy to join.
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000
Do you think if BTC had a stable price which could only be altered by $0.01-0.10 it would still be as popular and as used?

If bitcoin were to be stable in price , I still don't see why it won't be popular. Bitcoin is known to different environment already and people are investing on it heavily.

It's not the price I think, personally I don't long for a stable price as I know it will not happen.
Bitcoin has been existing for years and we haven't seen a stable price, and now that it's growing then maybe the more we cannot expect a stable price.
Activity: 1736
Merit: 121

If bitcoin were to be stable in price , I still don't see why it won't be popular. Bitcoin is known to different environment already and people are investing on it heavily.
Activity: 223
Merit: 250
I think if bitcoin has a stable price chances are people will not invest on bitcoin. the same as fiat money. which has a stable price. people will leave bitcoin for no profit. I think the price of fluctuating bitcoin becomes an opportunity for bitcoin users to get a big profit. therefore people prefer bitcoin rather than fiat money because the bitcoin price is unstable.
The US and the Euro pair is the most traded in forex, despite the fact there is very little movement traders use leverage in order to increase their profits, so you are mistaken, even if bitcoin was not as volatile, bitcoin will still be popular as an investment and as a trading instrument.
For cryptocurrency, the traders can use margin trading easily with high risk. This market always has fluctuation stronger than other markets as our knowledge, experience. 100% or 200% changes per day is possible for this market, even the top coin in coinmarketcap can still does that.
Activity: 244
Merit: 101
I think a reason why bitcoin is so popular nowadays is its volatility and fluctuation. If bitcoin would have a stable price, people would start to think of it as different compare to the bitcoin now. They may use it for payment method or for buying. But it will lose popularity because many will change into a new currency that has more potential for trading and holding.
Activity: 168

If bitcoin has a stable price around 25000$ it will become more popular but if the price has fall down to less than 2000$ i think everybody will try to look for another coin who have big potential to grow. So it will be really difficult for bitcoin to maintain its reputation.
Activity: 16
Merit: 0
For bitcoin to have a stable price demand would have to be stable also which is a long shot. If it were stable it would probably lose popularity, it would lose all of the speculators and investors and instead gain people to use it for its use cases like payments etc.
Activity: 840
Merit: 254
I think if bitcoin has a stable price chances are people will not invest on bitcoin. the same as fiat money. which has a stable price. people will leave bitcoin for no profit. I think the price of fluctuating bitcoin becomes an opportunity for bitcoin users to get a big profit. therefore people prefer bitcoin rather than fiat money because the bitcoin price is unstable.
The US and the Euro pair is the most traded in forex, despite the fact there is very little movement traders use leverage in order to increase their profits, so you are mistaken, even if bitcoin was not as volatile, bitcoin will still be popular as an investment and as a trading instrument.
Activity: 644
Merit: 500
no way stable price would mean why would someone even invest in it because of this nature
itself bitcoin has such a high price it is on the top. stability wont give any profit
Stability actually give security to the people that it will not drop down so even in that time people invest their money in it and they keep secure their money in it while when the price continue to increase then it benefit more than stability and more and more people come to invest in it and with that the popularity increases more and more.
Activity: 276
I think if bitcoin's price stays like that with low price. It wouldn't be more popular if it has low stable price. Bitcoin is popularized because of its inflating price reaching about $10k.
Activity: 260
Merit: 10
I think it depends, if the bitcoin valued over a higher then it will become popular because many people might become interested on it and if the bitcoin have a low value then it will not be well known because the price of it will become stable and it will just like an ordinary currency. But I think the value on the bitcoin will not become stagnant because many people are using it continuously and it is very popular to everyone. Many people has been changed their life from rags to riches and because of that bitcoins value will never become low because it helps many people.
Activity: 119
The latest events and evolutions of btc is the main reason why its became this  famous in the latest months and this is why every one now know how to buy  and sell and use btc. In my opinion if btc was stable it won't have this popularity so to conclude i think now btc is an investment more then a currency and a way to buy and sell things
Activity: 308
Merit: 120
Personally I don't think so, since the major strength of bitcoin is its value, and it is only through it that it is differentiated from all the other cryptocurrency.
Because, if bitcoin have a stable price then no one will conserve his wealth in bitcoin because it would provide 0 profit. Also concerning the people who do the bitcoin's mining, because their activities will be reduced because just a minority would like to buy bitcoin.

Activity: 658
Merit: 103
Of course no! Bitcoin will not become popular if it is price is stable. The reason why bitcoin became popular is because of its characteristic of being volatile. Investors loves the to invest their money to the bitcoin because of the profit that they can get from the bitcoins.
Activity: 27
Merit: 0
When Bitcoin prices are stable, Bitcoin will be accepted by more people and businesses.
Many people now think Bitcoin is the main reason for the scam is price instability.
The reason why bitcoin has not been widely used in the field of application is also because of price instability
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1008
Unstable bitcoin prices are in great demand, especially if the price is stable, the more people are attracted to bitcoin, but stable bitcoin prices are not possible, because the price of digital currency will forever be unstable ...
I think it might just happen, when bitcoin has lots of users and marketcap is so big then bitcoin price changes will be slow due to marketcap. that means bitcoin prices will become stable when everyone from around the world uses bitcoin that makes marketcap very big
Activity: 616
Merit: 11
Decentralized Ascending Auctions on Blockchain
Talking about popularity and stable. Their are some reasons how and why. All i can say is, it depends upon the organizer of bitcoin between goverment. Widely thingking bitcoin is not a legal used by the market but their are legal establishment using transaction with the bitcoin on other hand it is highly needed as o now. But only the founder of bitcoin will make decision on how bitcoin being stable and popular. Thank you and good day.
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000
no way stable price would mean why would someone even invest in it because of this nature
itself bitcoin has such a high price it is on the top. stability wont give any profit
let alone many bitcoin users are investors and traders who are very fond of fluctuations. maybe you and I are also very fond of fluctuations because it gives big advantage in quick time? when bitcoin prices become stable we certainly will be disappointed because of loss of income quickly
I think majority of the people who are moving the price are traders, those who have a good volume of bitcoin has the power to manipulate
the market so we cannot expect that the price will be stable, if it's stable then i think it's not bitcoin or crypto.
Activity: 1162
Merit: 251
let alone many bitcoin users are investors and traders who are very fond of fluctuations. maybe you and I are also very fond of fluctuations because it gives big advantage in quick time? when bitcoin prices become stable we certainly will be disappointed because of loss of income quickly
Activity: 413
Merit: 105

I don't think so because people here in bitcoin in the reason of bitcoin uniqueness. People depend in bitcoin because it is vilatile that can help them to increase their salary each of the day. In instance it is also a risk because we can't predict when it will be rise or fall
Pages:
Jump to: