Pages:
Author

Topic: If Bitcoin had a stable price, would it still be as popular? - page 28. (Read 171736 times)

Activity: 496
Merit: 254
I think it would not popular since bitcoin is stable value no investor willing to invest because they can not able to earn on stable price it will only used for online shopping but it would not be popular
Yes, There will be decrease in the use of bitcoin if it will become stable. People are very much amazed by the amazing tendency of bitcoin to touch unexpectedly high values in short time. Bitcoin is all the time increasing or decreasing in value which is not only exciting for the investors but also beneficial for them because they can easily make huge profits in short time. Bitcoin is not going to ever be stable in prices.
Activity: 2814
Merit: 576
It seems to me that 90 percent of investors will leave the world of crypto currency if the coins cease to grow constantly. And maybe 99 percent. Few people use bitcoin just because it's a convenient method of payment
So you are saying majority of bitcoin users are investors, right?
well, you have a point but this people who are investing in bitcoin are also satisfied users, for me I don't really care
about the fees which is quite high because anytime I can transact bitcoin and I can protect my identity.
Activity: 140
Merit: 15
Do you think if BTC had a stable price which could only be altered by $0.01-0.10 it would still be as popular and as used?

Yes, it will be popular and used. Bitcoin became popular because of its anonymity and being decentralized. That is why it was popularly used in Dark market because government can't track their identity. Even prices became stable, I guess people will still enjoy using Bitcoin. We all want a private life. Having a private life means no one can see where you want to spend your money.
No it will happen just in dreams that the costs of bitcoins will be steady in light of the fact that, in actuality, the costs of bitcoins are going ever more elevated quickly and it will likewise occur later on that its costs will go higher quickly so it will be a prominent cryptographic money and will known by Evey individual on the planet.
when bitcoin started to reach 10,000 last month, the rest of the webmasters forum already tried discussing about it and threads about investing to bitcoin were increasing on some forums. if its price will be stable just like xaurum, it may not be talked a lot and we may stop trading on exchanges too.
Activity: 350
Merit: 109
I think if the bitcoin had a stable price, would be not popular because the one concept why bitcoin is popular is the price or the value of it. So bitcoin will not get the attention of the people so bitcoin will not be popular. Good idea of the bitcoin is people able to convert it to fiat or fiat to bitcoin.
Activity: 448
Merit: 10
Loyalty Programs on Blockchain
It seems to me that 90 percent of investors will leave the world of crypto currency if the coins cease to grow constantly. And maybe 99 percent. Few people use bitcoin just because it's a convenient method of payment
Activity: 280
S O A R
Stable price?? When bitcoin was worth 10 cents, you no knew about BTC.. It is crazy the price increase caused vivid interest of people to BTC.
And the cost of the equipment for extraction? The cost of electricity?? BTC with price of 10 cents will not cover the cost of its production!! It would be a collapse.
Activity: 360
Merit: 100
Do you think if BTC had a stable price which could only be altered by $0.01-0.10 it would still be as popular and as used?

I highly doubt that the treatment of people on how they treat bitcoin now would be the same. It would probably for the reason that people would most likely choose a different coin that is as volatile as bitcoin right now. They would prefer that because that is where they get the chance to earn a lot. Although, bitcoin might still be used, but it would be from a few people.
Activity: 672
Merit: 526
Bitcoin has a stable price. Is the other goverment coins that change the price because is cheap to print money. Eventually some coiin in the blockchain will be the one to use and the price will be more stable. But stable will not be see in this decade. Maybe in the next one. We need a lot of work to separate money from State and have just one universal coin
Activity: 168

Yes, it will be popular and used. Bitcoin became popular because of its anonymity and being decentralized. That is why it was popularly used in Dark market because government can't track their identity. Even prices became stable, I guess people will still enjoy using Bitcoin. We all want a private life. Having a private life means no one can see where you want to spend your money.
No it will happen just in dreams that the costs of bitcoins will be steady in light of the fact that, in actuality, the costs of bitcoins are going ever more elevated quickly and it will likewise occur later on that its costs will go higher quickly so it will be a prominent cryptographic money and will known by Evey individual on the planet.
Activity: 308
Merit: 128
This thread was created in the wrong section. This should be in the Economics sections. Anyhow, to answer you question: A stable price would most likely end up attracting even more people to Bitcoin. One of the major 'cons' that it currently has (for people who consider joining) is that it is very volatile and that you might end up having much less money (e.g. in USD) the day after you've bought some Bitcoin.

that's true, lots of people get attracted in joining bitcoin because of the good opportunity if we talk about bitcoin price. that's why some celebrities even billionaires are investing of bitcoin because they know that they can get huge amount of profit in return. their are also some countries that bitcoin is already acknowledging by their government. I guess if bitcoin have stable price, i think this could not affect totally the popularity of bitcoin, specially now that bitcoin price is so high. maybe if their going to set a price of bitcoin, i think it would not the same as what bitcoin price 8 years ago.
Activity: 462
I guess so. I think that in the long run, bitcoin price will reach stability in value. The thing is it will still be used because it is a mode of payment for a lot of services rendered theough internet.
Activity: 211
Merit: 101
Maybe better. Because so far weakness of bitcoin one of them is unstable price exactly if stable price will make bitcoin slightly more perfect because its weakness can be repaired. Only if only if the bitcoin price is stable then the profit of trading and investment will decrease. Because price changes are not so meaningful.
Activity: 462
Merit: 101
Bitcoin is popular because of it's price that is fluctuating all day long, if bitcoin was at stable price from 2011, Bitcoin isn't popular as now.
Activity: 238
because of its impressive spike of its price, it becomes popular. People become interested to it. If its price is stable it will still be popular but not the way it did nowaday.
Activity: 552
Merit: 250

First of all i never think that bitcoin value was be in stable because if you observed how it rising or increasing the value as of now the value of bitcoin was $11500 so it never be in stable and in case that you are right bitcoin was be in stable value yes bitcoin was still popular and still number one than other cryptocurrency.
Activity: 554

Of course yes because bitcoin was a successful cryptocurrecnsy than others so that even thou the value was be in stable i think bitcoin was still popular to everyone but i doubt that bitcoin value was going to stable because the currency or the economy was not a stable because of the flactuation so that no one can stop the rising of the value of bitcoin.
Activity: 62

It wont be bitcoin at all, because the way is it mined it would not ever has an stable price.
Activity: 266
Merit: 102
If bitcoin had a stable price which could only be $0.01 or 0.10 in a bitcoin, I think bitcoin can't be popular anytime because everyone can't attract in low amount in value. But if you want to get some income and you don't have own works you are free to join in the bitcointalk in a long period of time. It's possible to get profitable if you hold and save your bitcoin while you are working and get some payments from bitcoin. Also it's good for the future if you hold it in a long time. We would join in bitcoin because we need money in daily lives and to our everyday expenses. Everyone can pay an attention in bitcoin to get the higher payments, to make more profits and solve the financial problems.
Activity: 1764
If there would be price for 1 bitcoin 0.01$-0.10$ no one would almost using bitcoins, because there is no sense for big players. People using bitcoins because of the fact that course is very big, because people can earn decent money, people dont want spend time for couple dollars. If bitcoins were produced very easily and without investments, then maybe there would be great demand.
Activity: 476
Merit: 250

I think for me no bitcoins will not be popular as they are today if their price or value is not volatile if it is just a stable price. Because there is no reason why people will choose it instead they will stick only into the usual currency the fiat. And bitcoins will just be using underground and not in the mainstream because bitcoins are decentralized and maybe only businessmen will used it and those who are rich and some illegal activities though because bitcoins do not going to the government so bad people will took advantage
Pages:
Jump to: