Pages:
Author

Topic: If Bitcoin had a stable price, would it still be as popular? - page 57. (Read 171736 times)

Activity: 866
Merit: 1001
        Definitely,it would get popular among retailers who would readily accept it as payment since they avoided it due to its unstable price.Even  most countries have not legalized it for this reason.

But at the same time,traders who got huge profits by trading using the difference in bitcoin's price would lose their interests in buying bitcoins.They may shift their investments to altcoins.

But the real thing is that bitcoin price could not be stable at any time.
Activity: 966
Merit: 517
Absolutely right, If bitcoin has stable price, than what is new in bitcoin and why people use it to gain profit?
Bitcoin has no stable price that’s why everyone could buy in a low price and wait for its price increase and sell on that time, when we know that we get profit from bitcoin.
A man is of the nature to earn money through shortcut and this opportunity provides only bitcoin that’s why people like bitcoin business it is right that now a days people like bitcoin because it is unpredictable and unstable in respect of value and maybe less people would take interest when it becomes stable in price.

I personally think that people would be still interested with stable price because of bitcoins’ independent proceedings.
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
I think it will be excellent for bitcoin if bitcoin had a steady price tag, simply because several folks will use bitcoin and invest on it and many gold investment will try out bitcoin for prolonged expression expenditure.
Activity: 854
Merit: 108
Definitely not, when the price is stable of course people will easily predict so they just buy according to the need. Bitcoin is very attractive because the price is unpredictable so it makes people curious to have bitcoin.

Indeed and no one will going to invest and hoard bitcoin. Because of value is volatile and fluctuating it will attract more and more people especially the business world. Bitcoin will be unstoppable and it will extend the popularity on every corner of the whole wide world.
legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 1165
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
Do you think if BTC had a stable price which could only be altered by $0.01-0.10 it would still be as popular and as used?
For transaction purpose, it may have still been popular but I am sure it wont be as popular as it is now. Paypal has been a payment processor for years and not everyone knows what paypal is because it is just what it is.

However, bitcoin came with so many things at once installed in one currency and that is what has made it so popular today. Although, it is obvious that the fact that it can make you rich overnight at this early stage of its life is why most people are here today.
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
BuyAnyLight - Blockchain LED Marketplace
Noway Bitcoin has a stable price, it's against the basic thing that make Bitcoin: "volatile". So If bitcoin has a stable price, they will not a good thing to chasing anymore. Bitcoin is an investment, a digital property that can make good profits. So Stable price will kill bitcoin if it happened.
I totally agree with you. Bitcoin can not become stable and if it does, maybe it will be the end of bitcoin. Bitcoin is a type of investment and people like it because of the volatility. As long as bitcoin keep fluctuating, more and more people will buy bitcoin and hold it as it was a digital gold.
I would disagree mostly price depends on a lot of factors. At the moment we see a huge pumps from which bitcoin gains a big percentages and people who bought their bitcoins way cheaper are dumping by hearing bad news easily, because they are in the profit already. Thats why we have viotality. If bitcoin will stop gaining such big investments, than the viotality would also stop and we wouldnt see drops in 1000$+.
Activity: 364
Merit: 103
This thread was created in the wrong section. This should be in the Economics sections. Anyhow, to answer you question: A stable price would most likely end up attracting even more people to Bitcoin. One of the major 'cons' that it currently has (for people who consider joining) is that it is very volatile and that you might end up having much less money (e.g. in USD) the day after you've bought some Bitcoin.

This is economics section though. Smiley
On the other hand i am thinking if bitcoin is not popular how could it reach the value it has rigt now if not of popularity there will be not much people who will ingage in bitcoin and if there is not much usage, no demands, no demands no price up but we see the price rise is continuous.
Activity: 229
Merit: 100
Noway Bitcoin has a stable price, it's against the basic thing that make Bitcoin: "volatile". So If bitcoin has a stable price, they will not a good thing to chasing anymore. Bitcoin is an investment, a digital property that can make good profits. So Stable price will kill bitcoin if it happened.
I totally agree with you. Bitcoin can not become stable and if it does, maybe it will be the end of bitcoin. Bitcoin is a type of investment and people like it because of the volatility. As long as bitcoin keep fluctuating, more and more people will buy bitcoin and hold it as it was a digital gold.
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1029
No, bitcoin does not have a stable price yet, so you are totally wrong and we are still going to experience more volatility until it has probably spread across the whole continent in a very big way which of course there is still no assurance that it wont still be volatile but at least we may have seen some huge reduction in the volatility by then.  Also, it is normal for every currency compared to other currency to have its market volatility, it is just the huge level of volatility that makes bitcoin different.
Activity: 686
Merit: 277
Basically it would attract bitcon users for having a stable value. But moreover, it would be more attractive if the price 'unstable, so we could have the perfect time when to buy and sell bitcoins
I agree to that. We are used to unstable price of bitcoin and that is what we need in bitcoin so we can have a great investment. Bitcoin is volatile and its price is not stable and it can go up or down very hard anytime and that is what the thrill for bitcoin and that is what help us to make money and get rich so if bitcoin is stable then less people will get interested.
although most users prefer fluctuating or unstable prices but the fact that along with the ever-increasing number of users will increase the number of marketcap and will certainly make the market price changes slower, for those of you who really like fluctuating prices, I think you should be prepared with a stable price

It will be stable when it reached its total volume,but such event will took too long to happen. It will not be possible as of now, having unstable price is still make btc more popular,it's just our idea how to benefit from it.

About this popular or not, I do not think that it is depends on the stable price, because as long as they can't control their demands, the price will keep on fluctuating and this is what we get profit from. Mean while higher people adapt on bitcoin industry the price will keep on going high. We can't really predict the future about the stable price right now
I agree with you in this regard. What make bitcoins more famous? It is only the price that goes up and people are getting more benefit and they are liking bitcoins. What if price is stable then there will be no charm in price and people will be treating bitcoin as gold or any other fiat.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1006
I think it will be great for bitcoin if bitcoin experienced a stable value, because several folks will use bitcoin and make investments on it and several gold investment will try bitcoin for lengthy term expenditure.
Yep! Investors are highly attracted by bitcoins because they offer tremendous increases in prices over a period of few months. The stable prices of bitcoins would not have ever managed to attract such a large number of customers.

Bitcoins are known for their potential of reaching high values in short time and stability would have not let this happen.

That's the reason why bitcoin never will become stable especially with the current hype that bitcoin price may climb up to an unexpected price we can't imagined. No doubt that bitcoin is mostly used as an investment rather than a currency so never expect stability.

Since bitcoin's inception, bitcoin price was never become stable and I think it never really will.

If all countries will accept bitcoin, then there is a chance to become stable otherwise it is not possible. And if this becomes stable all traders will stop to do trading and automatically it will effect on bitcoin economy. So nobody likes stable price for bitcoins. It should fluctuate and give us a chance to make the trade.
legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 1083
I think it will be great for bitcoin if bitcoin experienced a stable value, because several folks will use bitcoin and make investments on it and several gold investment will try bitcoin for lengthy term expenditure.
Yep! Investors are highly attracted by bitcoins because they offer tremendous increases in prices over a period of few months. The stable prices of bitcoins would not have ever managed to attract such a large number of customers.

Bitcoins are known for their potential of reaching high values in short time and stability would have not let this happen.

That's the reason why bitcoin never will become stable especially with the current hype that bitcoin price may climb up to an unexpected price we can't imagined. No doubt that bitcoin is mostly used as an investment rather than a currency so never expect stability.

Since bitcoin's inception, bitcoin price was never become stable and I think it never really will.
Activity: 2912
Merit: 642
if bitcoin has a stable price bitcoin will not be popular karen that make bitcoin fluktuatuf is the trader. but it would be impossible for bitcoin to have a stable price, because the free market is hard to control.
Actually the price of bitcoin should be more stable than it is today in order to become the main international currency.  Characteristics of bitcoin will keep the price rising due to deflation.  Nowadays a lot of people who prefer to transact without using cash, but using credit card or other digital payment type.  I think people will agree that transactions using bitcoin are the best in term of transaction without using cash because every transaction is recorded and also everyone can see it so as to prevent people to committing crime,  but the most important thing is that it is not controled by government.

Your points are true but it will not be easily stabilize due to the fact that it became an asset. Unlike gold there is so much difference with bitcoin. The limit is low and it is known how much will be the end of it so the price skyrockets whenever the demands come which is way different also with gold. It is easily sold and whenever sold the price updates quickly because it is using the internet.
Activity: 1260
Merit: 524

If you think by traders point of view then stable price wont attract them as they need high fluctuation so that they can trade daily, but from investors and merchants point of view if bitcoin gets stable price then they will be more happy as they wont be getting afraid of the high fluctuation of price because what they earn by selling goods if the price goes down then they will get panic as they are not traders but they are merchants. That is the main reason why their are so less merchants who are ready to accept bitcoin as payment option.
Activity: 910
Merit: 509

Activity: 308
Merit: 250
if bitcoin has a stable price bitcoin will not be popular karen that make bitcoin fluktuatuf is the trader. but it would be impossible for bitcoin to have a stable price, because the free market is hard to control.
Activity: 1988
Merit: 322
Yes Bitcoin would be popular but For trading purpose it would not popular.
people wanted to earn bitcoins and than withdrawal.
No one could hold bitcoins. 
Very well said! I will second you. I think if there comes a point when we’ll see no more increase in price of Bitcoin for quite a longer time, then I’m afraid that Bitcoin will be not much popular amongst the people and most of the investors will withdraw their money. This is I think not an easy task and I’m very much sure that this will never happen.
Activity: 532
Merit: 101
Yes it would be still popular. Some people needs to hide their money from the government or they don't want to pay taxes, and bitcoin is the alternative for that.

If bitcoin had a stable price it would be just like a bank for me.
Some stupid people will be like– “hmm…I’ve been afraid if using this for a longtime, and now is the perfect time to get in”. Smart people that have been using it all this while will be like– “uhm…this doesn’t make much sense anymore. Anyway, I will still stick to it”.
Activity: 1162
Merit: 258
1xbit.com
Bitcoin is very popular for many reasons ranging from high prices, fluctuate, decentral as well as because of its technological system. Losing one thing that makes it popular does have an impact, but there are still many reasons that make it popular.
Activity: 896
Merit: 500
Definitely not, when the price is stable of course people will easily predict so they just buy according to the need. Bitcoin is very attractive because the price is unpredictable so it makes people curious to have bitcoin.
Pages:
Jump to: