Pages:
Author

Topic: If Bitcoin had a stable price, would it still be as popular? - page 58. (Read 171736 times)

Activity: 216
Merit: 100
I think that for many coin holders, as for me, the stable price of bitcoin would not bring benefits. What is the use of keeping coins for a long time if they do not bring in income
I think the volatility in price is attracts some people. But trust me, if price becomes stable lots and lots of people will get in, though a stable price won’t be of any benefit to me; why am I saying? I don’t even depend on the volatility. Anyone, I will take it as I see it.
I am sorry but I don’t think so people will get attracted towards bitcoins if they are going to have stable prices. People are leaving gold and switching to bitcoins because of their stable natures. Unstable prices are the main reason for lost investing into bitcoins because unstable prices provide maximum chances of big profits.
Activity: 126
Noway Bitcoin has a stable price, it's against the basic thing that make Bitcoin: "volatile". So If bitcoin has a stable price, they will not a good thing to chasing anymore. Bitcoin is an investment, a digital property that can make good profits. So Stable price will kill bitcoin if it happened.
Activity: 574
Merit: 251
Will not be popular, certainly no one wants to invest bitcoin if the price is stable, the most interesting thing of bitcoin is decentralization so that prices can go up and down hundreds of percent in a week.
Activity: 336
Honestly i am indulge in bitcoin because one of my friend got a good career in dealing with bitcoins, aside from its interesting value, some properties of bitcoins as i dig deeper, It is decentralized and everybody could earn and enjoy the good things brought to the mass. We can't clearly state the stability of price makes it popular because there are many types of alt-coins competing.
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
I think it will be great for bitcoin if bitcoin experienced a stable value, because several folks will use bitcoin and make investments on it and several gold investment will try bitcoin for lengthy term expenditure.
Activity: 216
Do you think if BTC had a stable price which could only be altered by $0.01-0.10 it would still be as popular and as used?
In my opinion it will be more popular. Having a stable price will welcome investors that doesn't to take the risk into investing to bitcoin because it is volatile. As an investor  ofcourse you will go as possible with something that is less risky to have an assure profit. And if Bitcoin will be less volatile, it will catch the attention of more people and will make it more popular.
If you ask me, if bitcoin had stable prices, it wouldn't have been able to touch its current value. Moreover, if the prices become stable even now, people will take it as an asset like gold. Volatility has attracted many people but still the fluctuation should not be at this much rate as it is now. It causes panic among users.
I have the same opinion. Indeed the volatile nature of bitcoins has attained the attention of masses. People have invested into bitcoins because they knew that bitcoins keep on fluctuating and will definitely reach some good price. Unstable prices are playing still key roles in attracting investors.
Activity: 1162
Merit: 168
I think not, it is what made bitcoin popular. There are many digital currencies other than bitcoin, and if it will have a stable price, people will end up investing to other crypto currencies which will lead to the fall of bitcoin.
Exactly. The main reason behind this is just the continuous increase in the graph of market price which is making it popular everywhere. I think people are into it because they can see a good money from this.

If there will be no increase in it, people won’t be giving it much attention. But I think there are very odd chances of this thing to happen.
Activity: 67
Yes it would be still popular. Some people needs to hide their money from the government or they don't want to pay taxes, and bitcoin is the alternative for that.

If bitcoin had a stable price it would be just like a bank for me.
Activity: 15
Merit: 0
No because it would be same as money if it had a same price no one would make profit out of it and that is when no one would buy or sell it but it is not a stable price that is why it so popular you

never know what the price would be tomorrow.
Activity: 182
I think that for many coin holders, as for me, the stable price of bitcoin would not bring benefits. What is the use of keeping coins for a long time if they do not bring in income
Bitcoin will be the same as it is today even if the years will be pass it will not lose the value. For me bitcoin is more popular when it has an infatuating value of the price. Price of the bitcoin go high with each transaction I am sure it will be more popular by being accept by the people who are the bitcoin regular users but by ix price the price potential will not be so high as it increase with the change in the price.
Activity: 1204
Merit: 505
I think the volatility in price is attracts some people. But trust me, if price becomes stable lots and lots of people will get in, though a stable price won’t be of any benefit to me; why am I saying? I don’t even depend on the volatility. Anyone, I will take it as I see it.
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1008
Basically it would attract bitcon users for having a stable value. But moreover, it would be more attractive if the price 'unstable, so we could have the perfect time when to buy and sell bitcoins
I agree to that. We are used to unstable price of bitcoin and that is what we need in bitcoin so we can have a great investment. Bitcoin is volatile and its price is not stable and it can go up or down very hard anytime and that is what the thrill for bitcoin and that is what help us to make money and get rich so if bitcoin is stable then less people will get interested.
although most users prefer fluctuating or unstable prices but the fact that along with the ever-increasing number of users will increase the number of marketcap and will certainly make the market price changes slower, for those of you who really like fluctuating prices, I think you should be prepared with a stable price

It will be stable when it reached its total volume,but such event will took too long to happen. It will not be possible as of now, having unstable price is still make btc more popular,it's just our idea how to benefit from it.

About this popular or not, I do not think that it is depends on the stable price, because as long as they can't control their demands, the price will keep on fluctuating and this is what we get profit from. Mean while higher people adapt on bitcoin industry the price will keep on going high. We can't really predict the future about the stable price right now
Activity: 644
Merit: 101
It would be popular because it is more convenient than fiat money. But it is not an investment anymore since its price is fixed already. Also it would be a centralized money if it is fixed or all the bitcoins are mined, it is the only casr that bitcoin will be fixed.
Activity: 434
Merit: 105
Maybe it will be still popular because the price is not the only matters here the major reason here is to send and received money anonymously and you could possibly send and received money without havingan extra fees not just like other remittance service. thats the reason why i found bitcoin because its so best when it comes for saving your incomes and money.

Yes it will still be popular as a mode of payment since it is fast, flexible and cheaper way to send any amount. Also when it is stable, it will only be used to buy another currency that will be used for trading. But I don’t think that it will have a stable value or a fixed vale as the market or the supply and demands dictates the price.

You do have a point. But for me it is not really as popular as it is because volatility is what makes bitcoin more popular and makes it more interesting. Anyway, it will never going to happen.

Activity: 537
Merit: 250
Basically it would attract bitcon users for having a stable value. But moreover, it would be more attractive if the price 'unstable, so we could have the perfect time when to buy and sell bitcoins
I agree to that. We are used to unstable price of bitcoin and that is what we need in bitcoin so we can have a great investment. Bitcoin is volatile and its price is not stable and it can go up or down very hard anytime and that is what the thrill for bitcoin and that is what help us to make money and get rich so if bitcoin is stable then less people will get interested.
although most users prefer fluctuating or unstable prices but the fact that along with the ever-increasing number of users will increase the number of marketcap and will certainly make the market price changes slower, for those of you who really like fluctuating prices, I think you should be prepared with a stable price

It will be stable when it reached its total volume,but such event will took too long to happen. It will not be possible as of now, having unstable price is still make btc more popular,it's just our idea how to benefit from it.
USDT already become such a good example about the stable crypto, but there is no total volume in the crypto because the sky is the limit and i can worth multi billion dollar, if there will be a demand and supply and that will never make the bitcoin become stable currency.
Activity: 340
If bitcoin had a stable price it would be popular. Even if the price is stable or not the popularity of this bitcoin is not too much popular. Because many people dont know what is bitcoin. Many people dont need to use it. Many people dont have care about bitcoin. However it is not too much popular right now in the future i think this is the most popular coin even if the coin is not stable price.
Yes. I agree that if the bitcoin has a stable value i think it will be more popular and maybe the good thing it will be legalized worldwide and for me that is a good thing for the bitcoin users.
Activity: 87
Yes ofcourse, you can make money without that your government will know about it. If it is stable you can trust that its not dropping heavily again. So you can sleep well at night knowing that your money is safe.

Investers will be sad about that, but they will continue to use it i think.
Activity: 520
Merit: 250

Activity: 1148
Merit: 504
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1008
i think it's been proven that you are an investor, because i think most investors will surely prefer an unstable price because it gives you huge profits in near time right? whereas people who use bitcoin for currency will certainly prefer a stable price change, where I rarely see any favorable response to a stable price in this thread lol
Pages:
Jump to: