Pages:
Author

Topic: If Bitcoin had a stable price, would it still be as popular? - page 56. (Read 171736 times)

Activity: 626
Merit: 500
Do you think if BTC had a stable price which could only be altered by $0.01-0.10 it would still be as popular and as used?

hmmm to investors like me bitcoins volatility is its strongest characteristic in my opinion
but if bitcoin would have a stable price i guess it would be in consideration to be accepted as a valid payments for services and items widely.
so yeah i think it woulld still be popular

Once btc became stable,we don't know where we can earn, volatility is the reason of the holdlers and traders why they earn,the famous buy low,sell at high
Activity: 612
Merit: 102
Do you think if BTC had a stable price which could only be altered by $0.01-0.10 it would still be as popular and as used?

hmmm to investors like me bitcoins volatility is its strongest characteristic in my opinion
but if bitcoin would have a stable price i guess it would be in consideration to be accepted as a valid payments for services and items widely.
so yeah i think it woulld still be popular

Activity: 462
Merit: 250
I don't think that if Bitcoin had a stable price,it would be that popular. A lot of people who believe in crypto like to trade and Bitcoin's volatile nature is the only reason day traders are able make to profits.
Loss in volatility will surely affect the popularity of Bitcoin.
Activity: 50
Merit: 0
Yes , even if Bitcoin experienced a stable price, it would nevertheless be well-liked forex , simply because simply it is having really big group supporting it, and it is growing up every day.
Activity: 1400
Merit: 536
It is a very comprehensive topic, but it will be good for many companies selling on the internet. Because sites that sell on the internet do not look very pleased that the price of Bitcoin is very variable.
Activity: 26
I think that the large and rapid growth in the price of bitcoin is due precisely to its popularity. When people stop buying bitcoin so actively then the price will stabilize. Price and excitement are mutually conditioned.
Activity: 26
In the short term, no, I don't think it would be nearly as popular.  Most of the outside attention that bitcoin gets has to do with its crazy price swings.  "Bitcoin up 5 bazillion percent" headlines get people's attention.  Without that, I don't think there would be much interest outside of those people who are already interested in cryptocurrencies.

I agree with you. I have a couple of friends that invest In stocks and even they have a hard time to get into bitcoin.

I ask them why and mostly they says that it's only interesting when you are the first wave. They keep an eye at it for sure but not serious enough to adapt to it.

Then they are wrong, you should explain to them that the price of bitcoin has no limit because it has limited supply but when it's becoming more popular we cannot limit the demand. It's a simple math, in fact if you will understand and you know the trend very well you could make great income here compared to stocks trading.
I agree with you i personally think that if bitcoin had a stable price nobody would  love it as much right now because you could net sell it for more but you could sell it for less so it is not profitable we should be happy that it does not have a stable price.
Activity: 508
Merit: 250
In CryptoEnergy we trust
If bitcoin has a stable price around 1000$ it will become more popular but if the price has fall down to less than 1 $ i think everybody will try to look for another coin to replace bitcoin
It is depend how it will become the progress of bitcoin to become a popular, yes maybe its become a stable a higher value go to be popular.
When volatility stops,  brc price will not change as well as our earnings or we will not earn at all since,  traders and holders earn only thru price movements due to its being volatile.
Activity: 47
Merit: 10
If bitcoin has a stable price around 1000$ it will become more popular but if the price has fall down to less than 1 $ i think everybody will try to look for another coin to replace bitcoin
It is depend how it will become the progress of bitcoin to become a popular, yes maybe its become a stable a higher value go to be popular.
Activity: 1190
Merit: 541
Absolutely right, If bitcoin has stable price, than what is new in bitcoin and why people use it to gain profit?
Bitcoin has no stable price that’s why everyone could buy in a low price and wait for its price increase and sell on that time, when we know that we get profit from bitcoin.
A man is of the nature to earn money through shortcut and this opportunity provides only bitcoin that’s why people like bitcoin business it is right that now a days people like bitcoin because it is unpredictable and unstable in respect of value and maybe less people would take interest when it becomes stable in price.

I personally think that people would be still interested with stable price because of bitcoins’ independent proceedings.
I will probably disagree with you that people are going to like bitcoins the way they do now at present when bitcoins are not having stable prices. Bitcoins are much better as unstable currency than stable one because all conventional ones are stable even the gold is stable in nature and people are leaving all these conventional things for bitcoins.
Activity: 532
In the short term, no, I don't think it would be nearly as popular.  Most of the outside attention that bitcoin gets has to do with its crazy price swings.  "Bitcoin up 5 bazillion percent" headlines get people's attention.  Without that, I don't think there would be much interest outside of those people who are already interested in cryptocurrencies.
I agree with you. I have a couple of friends that invest In stocks and even they have a hard time to get into bitcoin.

I ask them why and mostly they says that it's only interesting when you are the first wave. They keep an eye at it for sure but not serious enough to adapt to it.

It sounds to me like your friends have some understanding of financial markets, and it sounds like they are aware of the risks that are present in investing in cryptos--even bitcoin.  While I think that you really do need to be in the first wave of other cryptos to stand a good chance of making a significant profit, I think bitcoin still has waves left in it...but of course I don't know for sure.

Then they are wrong, you should explain to them that the price of bitcoin has no limit because it has limited supply but when it's becoming more popular we cannot limit the demand. It's a simple math, in fact if you will understand and you know the trend very well you could make great income here compared to stocks trading.

Limited supply makes it easier for price to increase, but you still need demand.  The confidence that a lot of people have that bitcoin will keep increasing is propping up the demand right now.  But if that confidence should ever be shattered, look out below.
Activity: 28
The primary role of bitcoin gas changed significantly. It's not just used for faster transactions, but also as an investment tool. Today, bit coin is thought to be a rather speculative currency, so that no one can predict for sure its value tomorrow. If bit coin had a stable price, it would not be so popular, because now it is used to make money in a moment, many people do nor understand its real role and its possibilities.
Activity: 1162
Merit: 251
because many people are interested in the bitcoin first because of the possible fast benefits offered by bitcoin, the proof is most bitcoin users are traders or short term investment users, so i think when bitcoin prices become stable it will reduce the interest of most users and of course bitcoin will be less popular in the eyes of most users
Activity: 420
Merit: 110
No never. Humans are too resistant to change unless they have a good reason. If they are not getting a good return they wont shift to crypto.
Activity: 260
Merit: 28
Look ARROUND!
Right now bitcoin is being popular even at its unstable price so no wonder that if time comes that biycoin's price is stable and higher that the previous value it will remainsl its popularity especially to those investor that invest an big amount in bitcoin and gey a hgher profit that what they expect.
Activity: 686
Merit: 104
I'm not sure bitcoin will remain popular if the price is stable. because the current of bitcoin is the fluctuating value. sometimes up, sometimes also dropped dramatically. so if the price of bitcoin is stable then will you keep using bitcoin?
Activity: 3052
Merit: 685

Activity: 111
Merit: 10

Activity: 532
Activity: 56
yes as long as it becomes a place to look for profits for that bitcoin will be popular even though the price is stable, because the man who think is profit is not a matter of stable or unstable, which is important profits ...
Pages:
Jump to: