Pages:
Author

Topic: If BTC goes to $1000 or more, what would you do? - page 22. (Read 38410 times)

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
Now is a pretty good time to buy. It's only going to rise from here unless some major regulation happens.

Regulations are coming that does not mean it can't rise quite the opposite once regulated banks will be allowing transactions and make it easier for business etc not sure this is what we want but it is what is coming.

If Bitcoin goes to $1000 i would sell some of course and take a nice break but if it was not an obvious pump then i would keep holding and i am not quite sure to what level i would hold suppose i will see when i get there.
legendary
Activity: 1061
Merit: 1001
I would quit my job and go live somewhere at the sea. That would be a nice life.

Climate change might have other plans for your retirement destination. Plan carefully.  Grin
You can't plan everything. Life has its own plan for everyone of us. Bitcoin is a great example, don't wait forever. Just take it and use it while you can. I am not waiting for $1000 price, life is too short.

sometimes in life you have to be patient

don't forget btc has been $1200 plus, over a year ago

without too many cliches not all about price for sure but helps move everything forward and more liquidity, better for miners too, securing network

put it this way. we will see $1000 + this year again, in fact i expect it to stabilise 900 - 1200 range, before end of year

anyone immersed in bitcoin and news cannot fail to see how much positivity there is in bitcoin and so much good news
hasn't been reflected in price. wait and see, autumn time

Activity: 132
Merit: 100
If bitcoin goes to $1000 but less than $2000 ; I will exchange a few BTC to buy something that I need.

If bitcoin goes to $2000 but less than $3000 ; I will exchange 10 % of my portfolio to dollar  and wait BTC price to decrease.

If bitcoin goes to $3000 but less than $4000 ; I will exchange 30 % of my portfolio to dollar and close my mortgage.

If bitcoin goes to $4000 ; I will exchange 50 % of my portfolio to dollar and sell also my LTC as well to convert BTC. Then wait until BTC price back to $ 2000.
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1000
I would quit my job and go live somewhere at the sea. That would be a nice life.

Climate change might have other plans for your retirement destination. Plan carefully.  Grin
You can't plan everything. Life has its own plan for everyone of us. Bitcoin is a great example, don't wait forever. Just take it and use it while you can. I am not waiting for $1000 price, life is too short.
legendary
Activity: 868
Merit: 1006

It would suck if climate change raises the sea enough to destroy all these amazing little islands that are out of nowhere. I guess french polynessia will be good for our entire lifetimes. My dream is becoming a BTCllonaire and retiring there.
Activity: 448
Merit: 250

Activity: 25
Merit: 0
Now is a pretty good time to buy. It's only going to rise from here unless some major regulation happens.
Activity: 280
I'll keep them for at least 5 years and see what happens than.

so you aren't gonna make any operations with it so far?
Activity: 406
Activity: 10
I've got a few bitcoin but not a lot so i would probably hold at 1k after a few minutes of consideration
Activity: 770
Merit: 504
(っ◔◡◔)っ🍪
Nothing, I have almost none Sad
I could have a few but I decided to stay with altcoin that went waaay down  Angry
Ehhh, anyway, I wouldn't have enough to fix my life, just an amount that would make my life more managable...
Ouch, I just realized... If I would cash out my altcoin to BTC and BTC would rise to ~ $1000 I could afford something I always wanted...  Cry
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070
i'll sell some for buying expensive stuff(like a bicyclette), rest holding
Activity: 448
i would kick myself for not having more

That I did in April 2013, when BTC climbed from $10 to $250.  Grin

I had purchased a total of BTC15 for $10 per coin in 2012 Dec. Should have bought at least a hundred coins.  Huh

Yeh hindsight is killer how was you to know that they was going to go up so much, granted i would have had a good $500-$1000 worth because that was my first small investment when i started here, its just holding until the time is right though as you know lol

If it climbs to 1000 slowly over a few months i would do nothing and would hold, if it goes to 1000 rapidly then i would sell small amounts on the way up and hope for the best and that i can buy back in on the correction.
legendary
Activity: 3752
Merit: 1217

That I did in April 2013, when BTC climbed from $10 to $250.  Grin

I had purchased a total of BTC15 for $10 per coin in 2012 Dec. Should have bought at least a hundred coins.  Huh
Activity: 756
Infleum
I'd hold and hope for more. Not out of greed or delusion but experience. Bitcoin never simply poked the previous ATH, it always went triggered a panic buy that shot high above it. It's natural to expect this to happen again. Also why should I sell at 1000? Even if it starts falling back I'll have enough at 900 or 800 to be happy with my profits and if it goes much higher? I'll ride it out!
Activity: 48
legendary
Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001
I would do nothing as a measly thousand per coin isn't enough to consider cashing out for. Depending how things are going at that point in terms of services and products for sale for bitcoin, I'd probably just hang onto them and use them as needed but likely hold off til 5 figures or more.
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
If bitcoin went back to $1000 per coin i would buy land and build my home to the exact spec that i wanted i would have animals and live from the land, i would probably save a few coins just in case. 

The majority would be sold on the way to a thousand as owning my own land and home would mean so much more than digits on a program. On the way to 1000 it would be a mad house half the guys here would be selling lol
Activity: 80
Merit: 10
You couldn't possible answer this without saying, it depends HOW it hits $1000. Gradual, increase in volume, users, merchant, there'd be no reason to do anything other than hold, and keep holding. If the news leading up to it has been positive and the ecosystem thrives, that's not like the bubble we had before. If speculation drives the price up quickly again, with no real reason for support, might as well take some short term profits while it dips back down inevitably.
Activity: 126

I started into the BTC world after BTC had backed off its all time highs (over $1000), I started slowly buying at around $700 and having been buying more on the way down.  For the moment I have no plans to spend them.

That would change if BTC goes back up to $1000 or even above its earlier all-time highs.  I will mention below what I will likely do further below, but here is a chance to tell people WHAT you would do with some or all of your BTC if we have a BIG price rise within, say, the next year or two:

If BTC goes to $1000 or more, what would you do?

1) Buy gold!

2) Look for a good investment in the BTC community

3) Very possibly hoard the rest

If I have that many maybe I will spend a day trying to look for an option where I can invest my BTC.
Pages:
Jump to: