Pages:
Author

Topic: If BTC goes to $1000 or more, what would you do? - page 31. (Read 38410 times)

Activity: 476
Merit: 250
Gone......
of course im sell it, but are u still believe bitcoin can reach to $1000

Yes I'm able to. I'm also able to believe it can crash and end up back at $0. If it can go from $200 to $1000, why can't it go from $1000 - $0?

so, it will crash to 0?

if it crashes to 0 it would not matter because the only way it does that is if it is dead and as i keep saying bitcoin will not die so therefor it is extremely unlikely, imo there is more chance of it going to the ridiculous figures  some talk about like a million than going to 0 Smiley

I cash out the minute it goes near 1000 as that would be the return i would be overly happy with
Activity: 490
Merit: 500
Captain
Make sure not to get scammed and lose your coins. That should be your priority.
legendary
Activity: 3542
Merit: 1352
Cashback 15%

Yes I'm able to. I'm also able to believe it can crash and end up back at $0. If it can go from $200 to $1000, why can't it go from $1000 - $0?

so, it will crash to 0?

The chances of that happening is very slim, but not impossible of course. If the protocol is found to be not secure, or the demand for it was lost (which is very unlikely), it can make the price crash. But who knows? We can only speculate. But seeing how big bitcoin had become only proves that only a big event will make the price crash to 0.
legendary
Activity: 3542
Merit: 1352
Cashback 15%
Some people are so greed blind they will hold forever. And that is little sad. Do not wait for price rise to some mythical values - use your bitcoin on daily basis.

bitcoin isn't created to the purpose of people using it as an investment vehicle but as a currency. It is also insane to think that people will hold until it reach a very improbable value (say $1m per bitcoin) then sell it afterwards.True, you may be a millionaire by holding those coins, but no one in the right state of mind would buy such a thing priced at $1m unless there is a 100% of profit from it. Only the rich can afford that.
Activity: 266

so, it will crash to 0?
Activity: 840
Merit: 509
Firstly I would party. Secondly I'd treat myself and buy some things with my coins. New TV, Computer, Phone etc.

Reading most of the comments tells me that people are just too optimistic. Before we even reach 1k, we should at least ask ourselves whether we can breach the psychological 300 level. I'm not trying to sound negative in anyway. While there's chance for price will go up, we just shouldn't set our mind thinking about the same thing all day long.

Why's it that optimistic? It was at 1k before and I'm sure it'll be there again, though it may take some time.
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

Activity: 266
Activity: 364
I would sell and wait for it to go back down.
legendary
Activity: 1050
I'll definitely spend a lot of bitcoin while it's still at the $1000 mark. Rather take full advantage - if it would drop after that I'd just buy more and hold again.
Activity: 568
Smoke weed everyday!
once it hits $1000 i will buy more and then wait for it to drop again.

This is a good strategy i must say probably the same as quite a few others Smiley

They think there is no hope now because its at 270ish but then they see it rise and panic buy thinking we are going to a million i cannot believe how many times i have read 1,000.000 in this thread.

To answer the original question i would sell sell sell and wait for the drop and buy buy buy but it does depend how fast and for what reasons we went to 1000 because if it was gold investors jumping in i would hold for quite some time as we would probably fly past the 1000.
Q7
Activity: 448
Reading most of the comments tells me that people are just too optimistic. Before we even reach 1k, we should at least ask ourselves whether we can breach the psychological 300 level. I'm not trying to sound negative in anyway. While there's chance for price will go up, we just shouldn't set our mind thinking about the same thing all day long.
legendary
Activity: 1288
Some people are so greed blind they will hold forever. And that is little sad. Do not wait for price rise to some mythical values - use your bitcoin on daily basis.
Activity: 322
I think the majority of people on here don't hold enough btc for a 1k price to affect too much.

A better question would be if your BTCs are suddenly worth 1M*, would you cash out**? How about 10M? 100M?

*1M USD, present value

**By cashing out, I mean exchanging to fiat or buying stuff with it, instead of hodling.
tss
Activity: 742
once it hits $1000 i will buy more and then wait for it to drop again.
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1005
★Nitrogensports.eu★
Nothing, it's just $1000, the potential should be more than $10K.

10k is not happening in the next 10 years for sure. It it not certain that it will ever happen. I would not be so optimistic about 10 k bitcoin price  without solid ground to support that claim. And most of the people from this thread are saying that they will be holding their btc till the end and even after. People it is life, and you have only one. Spend it while you can. You don't want to keep your bitcoin in your coffin after all...
Activity: 462
Nothing, it's just $1000, the potential should be more than $10K.
Activity: 602
Merit: 508
I would probably sell over a half of my stack to convert it to USD. I would hodl the other half.
Activity: 826
Merit: 517

I started into the BTC world after BTC had backed off its all time highs (over $1000), I started slowly buying at around $700 and having been buying more on the way down.  For the moment I have no plans to spend them.

That would change if BTC goes back up to $1000 or even above its earlier all-time highs.  I will mention below what I will likely do further below, but here is a chance to tell people WHAT you would do with some or all of your BTC if we have a BIG price rise within, say, the next year or two:

If BTC goes to $1000 or more, what would you do?

1) Buy gold!

2) Look for a good investment in the BTC community

3) Very possibly hoard the rest

If bitcoin price will be over 1000$ i will sell some of btc and some again i will hold it until price i think enough and sell it again Cheesy
Activity: 406
I would continue holding the BTC until it reaches $1,000,000.

And when it reaches $1,000,000 I'll go out on the streets and just stuff random people's pockets with $100 notes.

It depends on how many BTC you have. If you only have 1 BTC, then you can only stuff 10,000 people's pocket.
Pages:
Jump to: