Pages:
Author

Topic: If BTC goes to $1000 or more, what would you do? - page 30. (Read 38410 times)

Activity: 1078
Merit: 270
instead of selling my coins i think i will actually spend them on something cool.
but that's now. it might change when it really happens. but before that i need to have more coins.

I mine and use coins.
No point in using Bitcoin if you just hold and never sell or buy with them.

Spending Bitcoins also helps the Bitcoin economy...
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
instead of selling my coins i think i will actually spend them on something cool.
but that's now. it might change when it really happens. but before that i need to have more coins.

I mine and use coins.
Activity: 3
Merit: 0

Agreed, if the price goes up enough and I feel like cashing out some I'm going to buy something I really want with it.

Best thing to do for the future of Bitcoin I think.
legendary
Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
legendary
Activity: 1188
Merit: 1016
The last time it it $1K, I didn't sell any of my coins. I thought it might go all the way up to $10K. It Iwas such a shitty decision. However, if it hits the $1K mark once again, I am offloading half of my coins.  Grin

Same, although I didn't think it would hit 10k,more like 2 or 3k.

BUT, I think if there's another bubble soon, it could easily get to those 2-3k levels, simply because a shitload more people know about Bitcoin this time around...

I would probably sell a couple of coins at 1k, a couple more at 2k, maybe a few more at 3k. Then HODL!
legendary
Activity: 3542
Merit: 1352
Cashback 15%
I would cry, I have far to much BTC debt at the moment to be able to afford $1000 BTC.. I would like a $100 per BTC dip for the summer if possible. Cheesy

I was in this kind of mindset last week, hoping the price to dip at a range that I consider as an entry point. But the trend seems to be upward right now, and I don't like to complain either.
Activity: 1372
Merit: 783
better everyday ♥
What's happening to this place?  So unrecognizable right now... Cry

legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1003
Designer - Developer
I would cry, I have far to much BTC debt at the moment to be able to afford $1000 BTC.. I would like a $100 per BTC dip for the summer if possible. Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 3038
Merit: 1032
RIP Mommy
Wait until it reaches the absolute price floor of $1250 USD/BTC before doing anything.
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1186
i think btc will be most valuable when its close to the 21 millionth coin being mined.

Once we get 3 more halvings I expect the price to be well above $1,000.
So just wait about 10 years Smiley

2016 - 12.5
2020-21 - 6.25
2024-25 - 3.125
Activity: 109
Merit: 10
The obvious and only correct response is to panic buy at that price point.
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137
well i bought most of what i could afford at $160 to $200 price when it was at the lowest possible price, so i doubt if i would buy any more with higher price for NOW. and if the price rises as high as $1000 i think i am going to spend my btc on something. but for now i am just earning, trading and holding...
legendary
Activity: 3542
Merit: 1352
Cashback 15%
Reading most of the comments tells me that people are just too optimistic. Before we even reach 1k, we should at least ask ourselves whether we can breach the psychological 300 level. I'm not trying to sound negative in anyway. While there's chance for price will go up, we just shouldn't set our mind thinking about the same thing all day long.
Dude you are deluded. Of course we'll go beyond 300 and 1000. Just wait and see. The fiat corrupt system is fucked and Bitcoin is the only answer. All other altcoins are shit and metals are boring.

Well not deluded, just thinking of other possibilities other than "moon". It is true that the fiat system is kinda fcked up, but we couldn't safely say that bitcoin is the only answer. Bitcoin offers a lot of convenience and security to the users, but are those enough to satisfy the demands of the majority of the people in the world? We haven't seen mass adoption yet, so we couldn't sit down here and relax and say that "Nah, bitcoin will succeed anyway." A sane man wouldn't think of only the positive side, but he will also ponder along the negative lines as there is no such thing as impossible, only improbable.
Activity: 15
Merit: 0
i would buy some decent upscale hookers for a change!
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028
Reading most of the comments tells me that people are just too optimistic. Before we even reach 1k, we should at least ask ourselves whether we can breach the psychological 300 level. I'm not trying to sound negative in anyway. While there's chance for price will go up, we just shouldn't set our mind thinking about the same thing all day long.
Dude you are deluded. Of course we'll go beyond 300 and 1000. Just wait and see. The fiat corrupt system is fucked and Bitcoin is the only answer. All other altcoins are shit and metals are boring.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1014
In Satoshi I Trust
buy more and wait for 10k  Tongue
Activity: 784
Merit: 1000
https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU
Nothing, it's just $1000, the potential should be more than $10K.

Potential? Try 60-80 million usd per coin. But that's probably 20+ years off still.
Activity: 1372
Merit: 783
better everyday ♥
Easy answer.  HODL some more!   Grin

Sure, I'd offload a couple here and there, buy a nice dinner, maybe something for the wifey, but if you believe in Bitcoin, you just keep on keeping on.

BUY, HODL, ACCUMULATE MORE...and spend a little.  Gotta keep the ecosystem runnin'   Cheesy
Activity: 433
Merit: 250
BTG CEO
Make sure not to get scammed and lose your coins. That should be your priority.

That is good advice i must say, more scams will likely come out of the woodwork on the way to them levels so keeping a good eye on things is a must, always use escrow if trading on here for starters. Then do not leave any amount on exchanges, be your own bank.
Activity: 756
Merit: 500
Some people are so greed blind they will hold forever. And that is little sad. Do not wait for price rise to some mythical values - use your bitcoin on daily basis.

bitcoin isn't created to the purpose of people using it as an investment vehicle but as a currency. It is also insane to think that people will hold until it reach a very improbable value (say $1m per bitcoin) then sell it afterwards.True, you may be a millionaire by holding those coins, but no one in the right state of mind would buy such a thing priced at $1m unless there is a 100% of profit from it. Only the rich can afford that.

Bitcoin can be used how ever one wants to and that's the great thing about it. If you want to use it as a currency go right ahead but some are seeing the opportunity as a speculative investment, but they could also be wanting to use it as a currency in the future. You also don't need to hold until it's worth millions. Even worth a thousand would do and I think that price is easily achievable and at the current value so I think it's silly to spend it right now personally.
Pages:
Jump to: