Pages:
Author

Topic: If BTC goes to $1000 or more, what would you do? - page 28. (Read 38410 times)

legendary
Activity: 3416
Merit: 1142
Ιntergalactic Conciliator
I will go out for a beer..  Grin
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
What are the reasons for the rise in price to $1000 is what i would look hard into, if there was a good reason i would hold 75% and only slowly sell little bits on the way up. If there was no news it would be the opposite i would be selling 75% and holding the rest. After they have been sold i would not log in here for a few weeks at least and i would be partying in that time and buying up some property to rent i would like something to show for it and of course a little gold/silver will be a must..
legendary
Activity: 1960
Merit: 1130
Truth will out!
Well to be honest I would sell Smiley
I am not a big fan of the volatility of bitcoin, and have suffered huge losses already. I would be happy to sell.

Never go all-in with an idea or something… you can regret it later  Wink
The future for bitcoin is ambitious, of course. Let's go step by step and we'll see what happens, but don't make a quick decision on what you're going to do with bitcoins. Think about it.
legendary
Activity: 3038
Merit: 1032
RIP Mommy
The companies (probably most companies who accept BTC) using payment processors to instantly convert to fiat and tank the markets by oversupply are not "the Bitcoin economy". They fucked the Bitcoin economy by putting everyone who bought at higher prices in the position of having to spend/sell at a loss, or hold so as not to lose money. Not spending BTC on fuckers.

What would you have them do? Bitcoin is volatile, and their operations run on paper money.

One would presume a company wouldn't be running in the red or such razor thin margins that it would go bankrupt by not dumping (holding) BTC, with BTC conversions only a single digit or decimal percentage of their gross income, and they especially wouldn't if most other companies did the same. But see the asterisk below.

It is not a question of margin. Companies have to operate on strict budget. They can't report their balances as say within some range, the projections have to be accurate.

Nobody is really punished for making inaccurate projections, as psychic powers are not a standard. Overstock projected higher BTC revenue, then filed another SEC report saying the projection was not reached.
Activity: 518
Merit: 250

I started into the BTC world after BTC had backed off its all time highs (over $1000), I started slowly buying at around $700 and having been buying more on the way down.  For the moment I have no plans to spend them.

That would change if BTC goes back up to $1000 or even above its earlier all-time highs.  I will mention below what I will likely do further below, but here is a chance to tell people WHAT you would do with some or all of your BTC if we have a BIG price rise within, say, the next year or two:

If BTC goes to $1000 or more, what would you do?

1) Buy gold!

2) Look for a good investment in the BTC community

3) Very possibly hoard the rest

if btc price goes to 1000 and beyond to lets say 5000-10000 i think interesting things are going to happen.. think for a moment what would happen if big players like amd or intel would enter the business.. at what price and adoption level would they enter? how would they behave? what would they do?  what would goverments do when they see this happening.. at first i think they would sell the equipment and not mine for themselves to reduce the risk and this is a point when everybody knows btc, and the moon would be next stop  Tongue
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
Gone......
What use do I have for USD?

hint: little or none.

That's funny i don't either but that's only because i am not in a country that accepts US paper, if you live in the US you need to pay your bills you need to pay health insurance, you need to buy food fuel heating the list is endless i have to assume you do not live in the US lol

I am selling most of my holding on the way to 1000 and setting up business and coming back when the price has hopefully dropped and my business has made profit /:)
Activity: 882
Merit: 500
I am not a big fan of the volatility of bitcoin, and have suffered huge losses already. I would be happy to sell.

A lot of people were happy to sell at $10 when it plunged from $39 to $2 overnight.
This is a long term project. Valuations now are volatile, that is for sure, but once the mainstream acceptance is complete- that volatility should stabilize (for the most part). Right now, there is still that possibility that some big players can artificially move the market.
Activity: 71
Merit: 10
What use do I have for USD?

hint: little or none.
legendary
Activity: 868
Merit: 1006
If you sell to not buy again at a cheaper price you will end up paying for it.
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
legendary
Truth will out!
Hold or invest some of my holdings in interesting projects blockhain-based.
Bitcoin is powerful and they're going to appear new projects that are going to center our attention  Tongue

Hold now and and feel proud in the future.
Im also inclined to invest in blockchain based projects and in general crypto based projects, the problem is there are so many scams out there so im never sure where to put the money at.

I know. There are lots of scam-projects out there but you can always see their development (if it's open source, for example) on their Github repository, with all the commits and community movement.

As well, you can always see if the project is strong and with support or not, learn and read what the community think about...
First example that came to my memory: counterparty, project and github.  Smiley and many many more...
Activity: 168
Bitcoin is powerful and they're going to appear new projects that are going to center our attention  Tongue

Im also inclined to invest in blockchain based projects and in general crypto based projects, the problem is there are so many scams out there so im never sure where to put the money at.

I woulkd be interested in that as well. But I doubt they expect small investments. Maybe they should do an IPO or something,
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014
Bitcoin is powerful and they're going to appear new projects that are going to center our attention  Tongue

legendary
Truth will out!
Hold or invest some of the holdings in interesting future blockhain-based projects.
Bitcoin is powerful and they're going to appear new projects that are going to center our attention  Tongue

Activity: 676
It depends. If that price would be an effect of a sudden pump/bubble like in Nov 2013 I would sell 50% of my savings. If it'd be an result of steady growth I'd hold.
either it would be a steady growth or not i would hold. i believe that bitcoin can reach much more than 1000 dollars what already previously happened. to sell at least 50 percent of my funds it would have to grow to at least 2k dollars

In case of pump'n'dump I'd buy back after crash, forgot to mention Smiley
Activity: 728

I started into the BTC world after BTC had backed off its all time highs (over $1000), I started slowly buying at around $700 and having been buying more on the way down.  For the moment I have no plans to spend them.

That would change if BTC goes back up to $1000 or even above its earlier all-time highs.  I will mention below what I will likely do further below, but here is a chance to tell people WHAT you would do with some or all of your BTC if we have a BIG price rise within, say, the next year or two:

If BTC goes to $1000 or more, what would you do?

1) Buy gold!

2) Look for a good investment in the BTC community

3) Very possibly hoard the rest

If it reaches 1K this year again. keep and wait till it goes further. it has so much more potential.

Activity: 126
It depends. If that price would be an effect of a sudden pump/bubble like in Nov 2013 I would sell 50% of my savings. If it'd be an result of steady growth I'd hold.
either it would be a steady growth or not i would hold. i believe that bitcoin can reach much more than 1000 dollars what already previously happened. to sell at least 50 percent of my funds it would have to grow to at least 2k dollars
Activity: 676
copper member
Activity: 2926
Merit: 2348
My favorite response to these kinds of questions is below
Same thing I do when anything happens. Drink some beer.

I would probably say that by the next time the prices breaches $1,000 it will likely go substantially higher (at least temporaly) so I would hodl Wink
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000
!!! RiSe aBovE ThE StoRm !!!
I think it firstly depends on how much you must be holding at that time... As so many people would say that they might do a lot this and a lot that, but who knows what are they actually holding on at?

I mean, for example, if I hold 500 BTC and price reaches 1k, I can buy a sexy Multi-Storey Apartment with at least 4 Bedrooms in the most expensive city of my country.
Pages:
Jump to: