Pages:
Author

Topic: If BTC goes to $1000 or more, what would you do? - page 32. (Read 38410 times)

Activity: 252
Merit: 250
Uro: 1 URO = 1 metric tonne of Urea N46 fertilizer
The last peak was around $1200, so I would expect the next peak to be around $2400. Therefore, I will hold as it crosses the $1000 mark again.
Activity: 448
I would continue holding the BTC until it reaches $1,000,000.

And when it reaches $1,000,000 I'll go out on the streets and just stuff random people's pockets with $100 notes.
Activity: 756
Infleum
Sell some and party. Cool
Even if it goes to a new ATH I won't sell all, there's always a chance for it to go higher and even at $500 I'll have enough to call it the best investment of my life.

I started slowly buying at around $700 and having been buying more on the way down.  

In other words you caught a falling knife.
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
If it went to 1000 I would hold as I don't have much so there is no reason for me to sell as I would only make $100. And that $100 would not change much for me.
Activity: 784
Merit: 1000
https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU
Continue holding. Like a boss.
donator
Activity: 1464
Merit: 1047
I outlived my lifetime membership:)
For a fair number of people, the answer is "break even."

Activity: 1078
Merit: 270
Nothing, mabey spend a few because of my increase buying power, I did nothing when it was at $1000 before.
Activity: 322
Hodl until the end. I'll buy things with it, thanks. No cashing out for me, ever. Or that's what I tell myself... If it ever hits 1 million THEN I'll cash out, not any earlier.

That is the beauty of btc it is a free market and you can do what you want, but you may have to hold forever because the math will not allow btc to go to a million from what i have worked out of course i maybe wrong but it will need roughly 35trillion to get there lol
Where is that money coming from?

You don't need 35 trillion. If by that time 99% of bitcoins are hodled/used directly, then only 1% of it will be traded, thus only 350 billion is needed.

Where are you working out your math dude?

It matters not what you are doing with the coins if each coin has a value of $1,000,000 and there is 15,000,000 supply that is 15trillion market cap that means there needs to be $15trillion in bitcoin TO HOLD A $1,000,000 for it to get to that price does it not?

On a side have no idea where i got 35trillion from lol

I didn't calculate, I just used your number.

The thing is, market cap doesn't mean that's exactly how much its worth. Let's say that Satoshi owns every single bitcoin, and then he auctions off 1 bitcoin for 1 million. Then the market cap of all bitcoins would be # of bitcoins * 1,000,000. Also, only 1 million USD is needed to achieve this result, you don't need however many trillions.

But if he auctioned off 10 bitcoins, then they probably won't fetch 1 million each. If he auctioned off 1,000,000 bitcoins, they almost certainly wouldn't be worth 1 million each anymore.

So you don't actually need enough cash to buy every single bitcoin at a certain price in order for bitcoins to be trading at that price, if that makes sense at all.
Activity: 812
Merit: 509
Nothing. The moon is at 10k.
Activity: 433
BTG CEO
Hodl until the end. I'll buy things with it, thanks. No cashing out for me, ever. Or that's what I tell myself... If it ever hits 1 million THEN I'll cash out, not any earlier.

That is the beauty of btc it is a free market and you can do what you want, but you may have to hold forever because the math will not allow btc to go to a million from what i have worked out of course i maybe wrong but it will need roughly 35trillion to get there lol

You don't need 35 trillion. If by that time 99% of bitcoins are hodled/used directly, then only 1% of it will be traded, thus only 350 billion is needed.

Where are you working out your math dude?

It matters not what you are doing with the coins if each coin has a value of $1,000,000 and there is 15,000,000 supply that is 15trillion market cap that means there needs to be $15trillion in bitcoin TO HOLD A $1,000,000 for it to get to that price does it not?

On a side have no idea where i got 35trillion from lol
Activity: 322

Activity: 433
BTG CEO

Activity: 252
Activity: 476
Gone......
Its a silly question, because it all depends on why bitcoin has gone up so much, and how long did it take for price to tank.
If its a tank that happened in short period of time, yes, i would sell, but if it took months of fighting 10 $ by 10 $ then i would wait.

The most important thing when selling is being able to rebuy, and sudden tank of prices is the best case scenario when waiting for correction.

If however bitcoin starts trading at wall.st and goes up to 1000 tonight, i still wouldnt sell, so as u can see its not just the price that matters, its why the price happened in the first place.

cheers

I would follow his lead lol just stand by and wait for him to make his move then join him Smiley

No on a serious one if there was no obvious news for the pump i would be selling on the way up and then hopefully offload the rest at the peak easier said than done and would be kind of scared after i had done it waiting for the correction hoping no good news comes out to give it more steam.
Its all a risk and exciting my plans would probably go out the window when it started anyway but lets just see how it goes and take it from there.
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
I would hold until it reaches the $400K mark --> that's the threshold for absorbing the entire world's gold market.
legendary
Activity: 1722
Satoshi is rolling in his grave. #bitcoin
Its a silly question, because it all depends on why bitcoin has gone up so much, and how long did it take for price to tank.
If its a tank that happened in short period of time, yes, i would sell, but if it took months of fighting 10 $ by 10 $ then i would wait.

The most important thing when selling is being able to rebuy, and sudden tank of prices is the best case scenario when waiting for correction.

If however bitcoin starts trading at wall.st and goes up to 1000 tonight, i still wouldnt sell, so as u can see its not just the price that matters, its why the price happened in the first place.

cheers
legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 1165
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
what would i do?
of course i'm going to sell them
i thought i would be be more active to get bitcoin, preparation in price $1,000 Tongue
legendary
Activity: 2926
Merit: 1863

My game plan would be something like this:

1) Buy slowly as long as BTC is under $500.  And if gold continues to be low vs. BTC (ounce.me has a nice little widget showing that ratio), then I buy gold with SOME of that newly bought BTC.

2) If/when (latter more likely) BTC goes to $1000 - $1500, HODL most (no more buying), but buy a bit more Au.

3) BTC goes over, say, $2000 or $3000, use most to buy even more gold.  HODL the rest until kingdom come.  Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1120
I would restore faith on BTC.

If it reaches 1k again, then I guess it will be reasonable to conclude that BTC is not a tulip bubble and 2013 happened only because of WIlly
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1018
HoneybadgerOfMoney.com Weed4bitcoin.com
I want to put that funny wolf of wall street gif in but don't know how to do it.

Click Quote on mine...insert your Gif instead...problem solved.

edit: and mine...I'd probably do something smart like pay something down, you know, make my money work for me this go round rather than reinvesting.  I feel like its going to be longer cycles of stability upwards and downwards
Pages:
Jump to: