Pages:
Author

Topic: If ETH price exceed the BTC's - page 8. (Read 1147 times)

Activity: 450
Merit: 100
January 07, 2018, 01:02:36 PM
There were many predictions of many experts, in the beginning of 2014, Ethereum 1000 Dollar will be. And that happened. Now it's worth $1100. And with that, it can go to a big moment.
Activity: 308
January 07, 2018, 01:02:14 PM
I am so curious that if Eth price overcome Btc's, what will happen in crypto world?

you should read about bitcoin, there is a lot of reading knowledge about bitcoin in this forum. take your time to seek knowledge and experience.
Activity: 46
Merit: 0
January 07, 2018, 12:58:10 PM
I am so curious that if Eth price overcome Btc's, what will happen in crypto world?

that's imposibble if eth is the next bitcoin killer. we know bitcoin very very famous. everybody will use bitcoin as their investment. so bitcoin price will over over value. we dont know who will the next bitcoin killer.
Activity: 196
January 07, 2018, 12:38:57 PM
I think ethereum cannot have the capability to surpass the bitcoin's price or even to tie from it. Bitcoin is the all time high crypto asset ever recorded on the past 6 years and the gap between every coin's prices are damn far to it but if and only if eth exceed to its price i think thats the time that bitcoin is totally banned on many country.
Activity: 150
Merit: 44
ICEMAN - SMART CONTRACTS DEVELOPER
January 07, 2018, 12:19:43 PM

It is not possible. Due to the existing large gap between the two coins value. This gap is not going to change, there is a high probability that the difference will remain the same in the future.
Activity: 1078
Merit: 270
January 07, 2018, 11:57:34 AM

I don't know, but anyway this time bitcoin has always been the king of all crypto. and it will happen for the next few years, I believe it. at this time no one can compete with bitcoin.
Activity: 168
Merit: 10
January 07, 2018, 11:46:02 AM
That will be absolutely groundbreaking, but it's not impossible, BTC become really valuable because a lot of people using it, when a lot of people swap their usage to eth then it can make eth more valuable than BTC, and at that time we will have two valuable coin to use, I think a little rivalry is good for both coins
Yes, I don't think ethereum price will ever go anywhere near to bitcoin price. Perhaps, ethereum might grow to a few thousand, that's all.
Activity: 145
January 07, 2018, 11:44:34 AM
That will be absolutely ground breaking, but it's not impossible, BTC become really valuable because a lot of people using it, when a lot of people swap their usage to eth then it can make eth more valuable than BTC, and at that time we will have two valuable coin to use, I think a little rivalry is good for both coins
I would not be so sure. ETH is now very strong. Today the price of ETH has exceeded 1k $. As we know BTC has a certain number of units, ETH does not. Let ETH now jump 4x?

I'm really not sure, I believe in both projects. I tend to think if ETH achieves what it is trying to achieve, it should fundamentally be worth more than BTC. Then again, if you look at the value of gold Store of Value should really justify a higher valuation
Activity: 308
Merit: 11
January 07, 2018, 11:41:17 AM
That will be absolutely ground breaking, but it's not impossible, BTC become really valuable because a lot of people using it, when a lot of people swap their usage to eth then it can make eth more valuable than BTC, and at that time we will have two valuable coin to use, I think a little rivalry is good for both coins
I would not be so sure. ETH is now very strong. Today the price of ETH has exceeded 1k $. As we know BTC has a certain number of units, ETH does not. Let ETH now jump 4x?
Activity: 602
Merit: 107
January 07, 2018, 11:40:48 AM
Bitcoin needs to do something about the transaction time and fees. It's unusable now for lower amounts. Hopefully, the Lightning Network will be implemented, it would definitely cause more people to use it not only keep it as digital gold but as payment.
Activity: 546
January 07, 2018, 11:39:41 AM
it's probably possible but it needs long time since we know that bitcoin is mother of cryptocoins
Activity: 658
Merit: 250
January 07, 2018, 11:34:00 AM
Probably we will such situation. However, currently BTC is the main pair traded at all criptocurrency exchanges and I do not see reasons for that at present
Activity: 168
January 07, 2018, 11:29:48 AM
If ETH price exceed the BTC than all altcoin will go to moon. However this is not possible in near future, But one day ETH or other Altcoin will exceed the Bitcoin.
Activity: 31
Merit: 0
January 07, 2018, 11:26:44 AM
As someone said it is not impossible. But I would like devs to upgrade eth it's clogging up again.
Bitcoin is old tech, but ethereum still doesn't have what it takes.
Activity: 238
Merit: 38
January 07, 2018, 11:21:53 AM
It's funny because you ask this question on bitcoin forum where most users are pro bitcoin.

I don't believe that ETH price will ever exceed the BTC price. I base my conclusion on the fact that Ethereum had some problems in the past, the DAO hack , which many people seem to have forgotten about now but I don't, I keep track with what happen with every coin and I believe Bitcoin will continue to remain the undisputed king for a very long time. The true competitors to bitcoin in the longer run are fully anonymous coins like Monero, Dash and Zcash in my opinion. Anonymity is becoming more and more valuable in our time.

DAO whaaat are you talking about?
If something similar happens vitalik and company will just rollback the chain again and we will be back to normal. Anyway my opinion for recent pump is many new ICOs that accept only Ether and we are seeing fork that will occur to people minds that fork = free coins so in order to get your free coins you have to have ethereum, you have to buy it.

Although ethereum and bitcoin can't be compared and looked at market cap really. Ethereum wasn't build to be a currency, although it has that feature, it was mainly built to be a platform where ether is a gass for that platform - pretty cool business model if you ask me. Ethereum is a good project with a lot of support.

About privvacy I think that people are aware of that and LN will and could add an extra layer for us to mask where are coins moving to and from but we are still far from implementing in bitcoin that kind of feature. It could be done if needed something like what shadowcash did and other coins, where you can trade and have open part of transactions  but you can swap and trade totally in private, because I don't see that bitcoin is going to add some privacy features like monero that is instant at least not from now, since it was open from beginning. I don't mind transactions being open, but I mind when people can write algorithms to track who is who and for what are you using your money for. But I do agree privacy should be one of our top priorities.

It's impossible. Just for one reason - Bitcoin have Maximum Total Supply and Ethereum doesen't have it.

well they could have higher market cap and if etherum goes viral and gets more adoption than bitcoin, for now I don't see it happening but its not something that we exclude.
Activity: 729
Merit: 502
January 07, 2018, 11:18:54 AM
It's impossible. Just for one reason - Bitcoin have Maximum Total Supply and Ethereum doesen't have it.
Activity: 1708
Merit: 125
www.positivebetting.com
January 07, 2018, 11:16:29 AM
It certainly wont be a good thing in the beginning since hundreds of billions are in bitcoin. However, I think the cryptocurrency community will be just fine.
Activity: 224
Merit: 101
January 07, 2018, 11:14:54 AM
naa, it will never happen, or better, it might happen if people will lose interest in BTC and switch to ETH but for what purpose?
BTC is growing strong and will keep growing in the future, going on the stock market it's something huge for the life of BTC, it could happen for ETH as well, but the first coin it will always be BTC.
Activity: 462
January 07, 2018, 11:14:33 AM
it could all happen, because in my experience all this time, the price of bitcoin and ethereum depends on how many people use it. for example, if people trade very heavily with ethereum in trading and investing, I am sure ethereum can definitely beat bitcoin.
Activity: 392
January 07, 2018, 11:11:42 AM

The cryptocurrency users will seperate, not all in bitcoin again but half will go to ethereum. Many services also start using Ethereum for the payment. well it will be big if that happen, it's also will affect the altcoin price too. It might happen though someday.
Pages:
Jump to: