Pages:
Author

Topic: If ETH price exceed the BTC's - page 9. (Read 1147 times)

Activity: 196
Merit: 100
January 07, 2018, 11:11:17 AM
I think ethereum cannot have the capability to surpass the bitcoin's price or even to tie from it. Bitcoin is the all time high crypto asset ever recorded on the past 6 years and the gap between every coin's prices are damn far to it but if and only if eth exceed to its price i think thats the time that bitcoin is totally banned on many country.
Activity: 2618
Merit: 439
January 07, 2018, 11:04:16 AM
Even if it not possible,at least for now,to exceed Bitcoin,Ethereum​ has received a lot of attention since its announcement way back 2014. The natural consequence of its rising popularity has been its constant comparison to Bitcoin, the first virtual currency.
In 2014, Ethereum had launched a pre-sale for ether which received an overwhelming response. Ether is like a vehicle for moving around on the Ethereum platform and is sought by  developers looking to develop and run applications inside Ethereum. Finally, Ethereum is obviously receiving wider aceeptance by the day and is good for cryptocurrency growth.

What happened to Ethereum is that its investors renewed their interest on it. Remember last year the price surges to unprecedented levels and people think that it could challenge and that the "flippening" would happened. Unfortunately it didn't so I don't think it will make any difference today. Bitcoin is miles ahead in terms of its price and marketcap. So I doubt that it can gain that much price to at least equal or even surpassed bitcoin.

If Ethereum pass bitcoin, then there would be a huge shakeup in the crypto market for sure. But if you look at today transaction fees, Ethereum as well is experience slow confirmation and high gas. So in the future if its price double we will hear a lot of investors complaining as well, similar to what we are hearing from bitcoin when it reaches all-time-highs.
copper member
Activity: 1442
Merit: 529
January 07, 2018, 11:02:22 AM
I don't believe that ETH price will ever exceed the BTC price. I base my conclusion on the fact that Ethereum had some problems in the past, the DAO hack , which many people seem to have forgotten about now but I don't, I keep track with what happen with every coin and I believe Bitcoin will continue to remain the undisputed king for a very long time. The true competitors to bitcoin in the longer run are fully anonymous coins like Monero, Dash and Zcash in my opinion. Anonymity is becoming more and more valuable in our time.
Activity: 168
Merit: 101
January 07, 2018, 10:58:56 AM
Even if it not possible,at least for now,to exceed Bitcoin,Ethereum​ has received a lot of attention since its announcement way back 2014. The natural consequence of its rising popularity has been its constant comparison to Bitcoin, the first virtual currency.
In 2014, Ethereum had launched a pre-sale for ether which received an overwhelming response. Ether is like a vehicle for moving around on the Ethereum platform and is sought by  developers looking to develop and run applications inside Ethereum. Finally, Ethereum is obviously receiving wider aceeptance by the day and is good for cryptocurrency growth.
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
January 07, 2018, 10:57:49 AM
Eth might exceed bitcoin but tezos Wil exceed etheureum it's the new technology it will hit the coin market on February and it has high hope
Activity: 896
Merit: 104
The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation
January 07, 2018, 10:53:11 AM
I am so curious that if Eth price overcome Btc's, what will happen in crypto world?

It will be an astounding victory in the world of cryptocurrencies, but it is mere speculations. It is illogical to think that the price of Ethereum will one day be higher than that of bitcoin.
There are more people who are involved with bitcoin than with ETH and therefore the market cap of bitcoin will continue to be higher than that of Ethereum and this ultimately affects the price.
Activity: 254
Merit: 102
January 07, 2018, 10:48:08 AM
I am so curious that if Eth price overcome Btc's, what will happen in crypto world?
This event is unlikely. It's just not logical. ETH is just a popular platform for ICO, it's a cool purse, it's a strong product. But even ETH has its competitors, for example, Waves, EOS, Bancor and many others.
Activity: 72
Merit: 0
January 07, 2018, 10:43:14 AM
I think the value of eth will not pass bitcoin. Eth is pretty much coin to choose the eth board. The value of eth is quite cheap and eth's transaction fees are low. Eth want to pass bitcoin will take a lot of time.
Activity: 788
Merit: 1000
January 07, 2018, 10:37:40 AM
This will never happen, for the past few months, people kept believe it would happen but the Bitcoin reached a price the ETH could never reach, it's already struggling to reach 1000
Activity: 360
Merit: 100
January 07, 2018, 10:36:49 AM
I don't think that this phenomenon will happen, there won't come a time that Ethereum will overcome Bitcoin. These two coins are very different.
Activity: 89
January 07, 2018, 10:36:37 AM
it would not surprise me to see the ETH exceeded the BTC in the long run, it has a real utility on the blockchain and it would allow to have a less volatile currency, finally I hope
Activity: 658
Merit: 282
January 07, 2018, 10:35:00 AM
I think you tend to forget the influence that the circulating supply
has on the price of the underlying cryptocurrency.

E.g. Bitcoin has roughly 16.7 million coins outstanding and of this amount probably
more than 5 million BTC are lost indefinitely. On the other hand Ethereum
has roughly 96 million ETH outstanding, which is a multiple of the BTC
supply.

This fact alone makes it incredibly hard to overcome the BTC price.
Besides, Ethereum has a lot of competitors for its main use case (smart contracts)
in NEO, Cardano, ICON and so on while Bitcoin has not a single
competitor for its main use case of being a store of value.

ETH price will never exceed the BTC price.
Activity: 5
January 07, 2018, 10:32:51 AM
for now bitcoin prices are still number one in cryptocurrency. but eth is always under bitcoin for price issues. if at any time eth price becomes higher than btc it is very good and will be amazing moment along the journey of cryptocurrency.

That is surely not at all possible due to the early market advantage which bitcoin got. There are still 80% investors who dont even know that other coin exists, they just know Bitcoin. Wink And the 20% investors cant dominate market. (Number might be wrong but I hope you understood)
Activity: 350
January 07, 2018, 10:29:43 AM
ETH beating BTC in price is not possibe in near future, but I'm sure that ETH is good in investing for the long term than BTC.
Activity: 672
Merit: 127
January 07, 2018, 10:24:51 AM
Things can change but no one knows who will gain an upperhand between bitcoin. XRP already rally with growth in the market and its possible that ETH can overtake Bitcoin in time. Time and investors can tell the market if its time.
Activity: 8
January 07, 2018, 10:07:26 AM
It is not possible ever,because slowly slowly bitcoin is adapting the same technology which is eather  are using.
Activity: 144
January 07, 2018, 10:03:59 AM
If that happens then that is the best thing. Currently eth is having a faster transaction speed than bitcoin and a lot of diggers are digging eth. Eth is the basis for many different coin.
Activity: 378
January 07, 2018, 09:59:21 AM
This is far beyond my imagination. The king will always prevail but if the king is sick then the queen will rule the entire cryptoworld.
Pretty thing so interesting but weird. BTC should improve in the first place rather than beaten by a copy cat.
Activity: 350
Merit: 15
January 07, 2018, 09:58:56 AM
it's not easy to happen , bitcoin will still rise , and ETH also , but Bitcoin have more trading volume and most of people know only about Bitcoin
Activity: 322
Merit: 102
January 07, 2018, 09:50:38 AM

Etherium price exceeding bitcoin price in the future could not be impossible. Ethereum has learned a lot bitcoin hurdles and most probably bitcoin can lose it's value over Ethereum especially on the people who use crytocurrency. However, we may not know. Things changes easily.
Pages:
Jump to: