Pages:
Author

Topic: If no one spends bitcoin what might happen? - page 14. (Read 52567 times)

Activity: 546
Merit: 290
There is no reason to people don't spend Bitcoin, because, as you know, it has many advantages. In addition, If people don't use Bitcoin to save for the future, it's price will increase so much.
Activity: 51
Merit: 10
There will always be someone around the world spending money on Bitcoin no matter how much it cost high or low people will want to buy it to keep a hold of it to see if the value of it will go up so they can sell to make a profit.
Activity: 208
Merit: 100
WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN
Share your ideas here.   Grin

In my opinion, I think we will be stuck in one price or maybe worse we will all go down.

Here is what happened when US citizens are saving too much.

That's important because American spenders make up the majority -- about 70% -- of economic activity in the country. If people don't spend, the economy doesn't grow.

Check it out here

Indeed. Also, the too much holding and avoidance of spending will surely result to the abundance of the proper circulation of the currencies that can result to the dump of the price rates because there is no movement happening within the market so the prices will just hang up and get stuck into the current price and the worst, this might cause to a partial shut down because there is no progress seen so how come to still continue
Activity: 212
Merit: 102

In my opinion, I think we will be stuck in one price or maybe worse we will all go down.

That's important because American spenders make up the majority -- about 70% -- of economic activity in the country. If people don't spend, the economy doesn't grow.

Check it out here

2 things can be happen , people will get  bored and move to alts , or BTC price will surge to million  Cool
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1048

Check it out here

Actually, this works out to pretty much the opposite of what you described. with decreased supply, that is people opting not to sell bitcoins for some reason; demand will increase the price. this is kinda of like the deflationary feature of bitcoin. as more ppl held, assuming adoption continued at the same rate, the only way to buy coins would be to mine your on. the cost would skyrocket. why this would never happen is because as soon as the price took off, some asshole would indeed sell. once one person takes profit, it will be a race to the bottom as everyone tries to capture maximum value.
Activity: 168
Merit: 120
Then the price will just remain as it is it will be a like a stalemate in a chess waiting for someone to win or in the case of bitcoin it's like everyone is waiting someone to make there move and if that happens for a long period of time then it will likely lead to the fall of bitcoin in the trading market. Either way the possibility of that going to happen is 1 to 5 percent I guess on my own opinion because one way or another people likely spend their bitcoin because the purpose of bitcoin for will be gone.
Activity: 212
I will spend my money to help the bitcoin price run higher, and will help premises how to spend it like any other currency to make the bitcoin grow larger.
Activity: 250
Merit: 105

Check it out here

Yeah right, it will be no use at all if we will not spend it. If we just keep on saving all bitcoin we have, what's the use of having it if we will not spend it.If bitcoin will not be spend, its price will go down, because spending, buying & selling of bitcoins is just one aspect that affects the price of bitcoin. If no one sells or buy then bitcoin price will be sleeping, then it will go down until it becomes useless and priceless. It's value may gone. It is good to save, but we must also know to spend so that our economy will grow. But of course, be careful in spending.
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
haha, Have you ever seen people stop spending money or gold or diamond? The answer is No. Crypto is the future of currency. They won't use Bitcoin unless there is something better. But I think it will happen in the 100 years later.  Cheesy
Activity: 350

Check it out here

If no one spends bitcoins maybe bitcoins price will fall because everyone is just holding them which means no demands at all no anything that can make the bitcoins price rises and with that bitcoins may become worthless. The price pf the bitcoins kust gets higher because of those people who buy and spend bitcoins itbis like any other supply. We can implement the supply and demand thing in this situation because the higher the demands of bitcoins the higher the price it will going to be.
Activity: 4
Merit: 0
if no one spends bitcoin maybe altcoins wll disappear, but likelihood of that occuring is extremely small, remember bitcoin is cryptocurrency igreat for the futurea
Activity: 618
Merit: 250
Yes I guess if nobody is spending bitcoin, then it seems bitcoin prices will stay in place, and the worst is down price. There is no reason for bitcoin to rise in price if no one is spending bitcoin. Therefore, nothing that spend bitcoin is impossible. Well, I hope it's impossible.

I doubt that bitcoin will have a lesser value if no one are using it, the fact that when we just keep or hoard bitcoin and there's a high demand the price will surely increase more. And when the hoarders learn that they'll just use or sell bitcoin little by little, taking the advantage of having it to make more profit.
However, there will be the chance that bitcoin become devalued when no one are interested to buy it so people will just keep it.
If no one spend there bitcoin, i think the price is no more to become higher and stay the same. And if that happen there more going to buy it and its value is continuously increasing.
Activity: 1

Check it out here

If no one is selling, price goes to the moon  Cheesy
Activity: 308
Well some people will always spend money, if a big proportion of people don't use it, its price will increase until it reaches an equilibrium point.

I agree I read once poll here about how many people uses their bitcoins and surprisingly majority of people tend to use some of their bitcoins on a daily basis. I think the number of people holding bitcoins will just helps the increase in demand of bitcoins versus its low supply and the harder it gets to mine bitcoins as time goes by which will result to increase in value of bitcoins and in that duration bitcoin may show some red market charts which might result to panic selling then more buying and hoarding of coins and so the cycle continues.
Activity: 56
If no 1 spends bitcoin then its benefit gets worthless. Bitcoin's capacity to be easily utilised to buy commodities as effectively as itself and other cryptocurrencies, and be traded is what tends to make it powerful as a cryptocurrency. Not employing it destroys its character as a acquiring medium.
Activity: 196
in my opinion about your topic is, when there's no one that spend bitcoin but the demand is still goes up. then, the bitcoin prices will goes up as well? so the prices will be grow more in anytime. but yeah you can say that i just guess it for 50:50  Smiley don't know what exactly will happend.  Huh
Activity: 299
Nope, that won't happen. BTC and fiat money is different.
Spending fiat money, that means they are purchasing something or availing some services that is good for the economic activity of the country. While spending bitcoin will cause a decrease on its price.

BTC is more like a commodity. If people won't spend it, its value will increase. It's like 'hoarding'. The demand for it will continuously grow, if people will buy btc and just hold it its supply will decrease. Its scarcity will cause an increase on its price.
Activity: 1028
Merit: 144
Diamond Hands 💎HODL
In my opinion, I think if all of us will stop using bitcoin, bitcoin will go down and there's a possibilty that it will be removed and all of the users cannot access any longer this bitcoin. But as I see how it works nowadays, it will not happen because there are so many people who are using bitcoin and finds it very useful.
Activity: 256

Check it out here

I think if no one spends bitcoin it makes the price stable and it is not good. The supply will the drops and probably the bitcoin will goes down. It is not help for bitcoin to makes it higher and it is very bad effect on it.
Activity: 49
if no one particular spends bitcoin the value will increase more rapidly than it is right now.supply x need law, i'm pretty confident demand will keep rising and if no a single spends will be like supply reducing(like what happened to dash with masternodes)
Pages:
Jump to: