Pages:
Author

Topic: If no one spends bitcoin what might happen? - page 11. (Read 52567 times)

Activity: 137
Merit: 100
If no one spends bitcoin, of course the price will go down. And if it happen for the long time, bitcoin will lost their existence. So, if we want the price always high and always increasing, we should always earn and spend our bitcoin. We don't know what happen next, just do your best.
Activity: 350
Merit: 105
If no one spends bitcoin maybe the price will go down. It might happen to that just like 2011 the value of bitcoin collapse. I think the future can't predict, If anyone could use bitcoin in everyday living the bitcoin are circulated.
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1026
SellDefi.com | Earn by selling files
I think I have to answer in different aspects.
1. There will be no seller, no seller also means no buyer. So volume will be less, less liquidity means less movement of price, eventually the coin will die.
2. IF you do not want to sell, may be you will ask irrelevant price, no one will buy at that price and your investment will get stuck
3. If any one buy at that price, he will face same problem as you and may sell at great loss.
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
Probably crash.
Activity: 116
Merit: 10
If no one would spend bitcoin, then the per unit price of Bitcoin would increase (assuming that everyone perpetually invests in Bitcoin) until it reaches a point of maximum value; just like our regular items which has a common market value.
Activity: 532
Merit: 102
if noone spends bitcoin, transaction will be cheap and fast...?
Activity: 93
Merit: 0
People will always spend money either its fiat cash or cryptocurrency like bitcoin. Hypothetically speaking, it ever no one spends bitcoin, the most probable scenario is that, its value will reach a certain point of equilibrium and then stops. It will become stable and stagnant until someone uses it again. But again, its quite impossible to happen.
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1001
Then it will end up as an asset.  Like gold or precious metals.

Yeah, but moreover the blocks will not be filled anymore. In fact if the blocks are full it is a good sign, because it means Bitcoin is widely used, but that is not the matter of the topic.

So to answer the question, it will mainly clear up the network and the memory pool and makes Bitcoin look like a bit less like a currency. Since I see Bitcoin as a currency and not an asset, I better see never that happen.
Activity: 406
▰▰▰ MODULE ▰▰
Share your ideas here.   Grin

In my opinion, I think we will be stuck in one price or maybe worse we will all go down.

Here is what happened when US citizens are saving too much.

That's important because American spenders make up the majority -- about 70% -- of economic activity in the country. If people don't spend, the economy doesn't grow.

Check it out here

Everything is in balance,  spending and holding is right over there to maintain the balance of bitcoin in digital world,it is just like a small entrepreneurs ,who want  to  
sell there products,so to obtain this you must needed to sell your product and someone want  to buy it to maintain the balance of the economics.just this like happen in the world of bitcoin spending and holding to continue the
flows of  exchanges in the block chain market.
Activity: 168
Then it will end up as an asset.  Like gold or precious metals.
Activity: 518
Merit: 268
Then it will become a sort of asset, like it is already for many people.
I don't think Sathosi Nakamoto intended his project to become an asset, so that wouldn't be a good thing.
But I think that is not going to happen, when the fees start to drop, I will be using a small portion of my money to spend in the local grocery store.
There are many other people that buy goods or services with Bitcoin, also the blackmarkets play a big role.
Activity: 336
Merit: 250
I think that BTC case is diffrent from usual currencies. We use BTC only as a speculating tool. No one's economic is based on bitcoin
Activity: 84
Bitcoin has two functions, a spendable currency and a store of value. If no one spends Bitcoin, it will still be a store of value. No one spends Gold and its still valuable.
Activity: 125

In my opinion, I think we will be stuck in one price or maybe worse we will all go down.

That's important because American spenders make up the majority -- about 70% -- of economic activity in the country. If people don't spend, the economy doesn't grow.

Check it out here

Wait wait wait. So, if NO ONE spends Bitcoin, if they just keep it there in their wallet, the price will go down? How, why? Shouldn't it stay in a straight line?
Activity: 384
Merit: 106

Check it out here

If no one will be spending their bitcoins, the normal circulation of the cryptcurrency usage will be abducted since no one is willing to give out his bitcoin to start spending. The essence and the real thing of being a currency will be useless because it will just become an asset that will be just good for holding and keeping not for using as a currency and this might affect the price of bitcoin that can result to the downfall since no one is trying to use it effectively as what it is intended to be used.
Activity: 316
Merit: 101
The Winner Stands Alone
No one spends bitcoin. Don't think so hard. Let's move backward when bitcoin is not famous like nowadays someone who has it only spend a little and the rate not significantly up, the quantitive spend and earn do make this mechanism works. If no one spend bitcoin it's just matter of time the rate will slide away and finally no value. CMIIW Smiley
Activity: 344
Then the value of bitcoins will keep on increasing, The market is depending on supply and demand of the consumers and since no one will trade their bitcoins and hold it longer then the value of bitcoins will keep on increasing.

I agree with your opinion. That will make bitcoin continue to increase and continue to potentially as time goes by. If we look at the price now is certainly very expensive, but in the future it will become more expensive. so invest in bitcoin right now
Activity: 210
Merit: 120

Check it out here

If that will be the case that no one will spend bitcoin. Then there will no improvement will happen. All users will just hoard bitcoin. And the value of well I think will not be that high. Because the movement of investment is one ways. And it is just to earn. How about spend? I believe that in order to grow an investment you must be in pedal your capital until have your profit.
Activity: 994
Merit: 105
To my analysis I believe if no one spends bitcoin there are chances that coin can collapse also price may fall down slowly if it is available.

However we could see the system is getting digitalized and huge transactions are taking place with bitcoin.
We don't need to think no one spends bitcoin reason behind behind many people started learning about bitcoin.
It's taking a major place with huge transactions every second.
It should not be stagnant hitting it's nappy but it should be kept circulation rather prisioning that increases scarcity which is the need of bitcoin due to many users. If circulation exists there will be even chances for a balanced price increase with profits.
Activity: 1204
Merit: 250
If none of us spend our bitcoin it's price will get stuck and will go down as miners get fresh bitcoins everyday. So we really need to spend it, but wisely. So investors will see that bitcoin is actively growing.

Yes that's right. And bitcoin should really be circulating in the market for it to have higher price and not be stagnant sleeping in owner's wallet. It's not bad to keep the coins as long as you can as it will contribute to the scarcity that will lead to the increase of value. But we have to at least balance the commumity here and that means as some are keeping, some should also be spending for us to have a balanced nature.

I don't circulation or transaction will ever stop of Bitcoins. Not only its an asset or investment opportunity, but also a very important currency as well. And there are many who uses it only for transaction and even daily transactions.
Pages:
Jump to: