Pages:
Author

Topic: if you entered your wallet and you found 50BTC what you will do ? - page 17. (Read 15024 times)

donator
Activity: 1617
Merit: 1012
With few exceptions I give out unique addresses for each payer. If I found an unexpected 50 BTC in my wallet I would contact the payer to whom I had previously give out the address to. If he/she does not know anything about it, I will keep the 50 BTC!
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice
you found 50BTC transacted from someone that you dont know what you will do ?
for me i will refund it
and type a note :
dude, your money is not a toy...
tips are welcomed Smiley
--------------------------------------------
what you will do ?
and if you asked him for a tip do you think he will accept ?
or will send some of it only ?

Well if i find 50Btc on my wallet i will do:

1. Throw a big party with girls
2. Throw a after party with even more girls
3. Give back 25Btc to who given to me with a link to the photo of the girls that were present at the party (because 25Btc can be used for personal things + party + girls)

P.s. is me or a topic of this kind sounds a bit offtopic?
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
for me i will refund it
and type a note :
tips are welcomed Smiley
what you will do ?

When that time comes even it's impossible my conscience will decide what's good for a worst or bad for a better.

Remember, K*rma is b*tch*ng around.
Activity: 910
Merit: 1000
I too would hodl 'em. But I'd probably send them through a mixing service first just in case they are following the trail.
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137
for me i will refund it
and type a note :
tips are welcomed Smiley
what you will do ?

haha, it is going to be a very hard decision for me to make. 50BTC is 11,000 USD at current price. Cheesy

but i guess i would search the social media places like here and reddit to see i can find anybody who has lost their 50BTC by mistake and return it for a reward.
Activity: 812
Act #Neutral,Think y'self as a citizen of Universe
That is truly a interesting question. I would not really refund right away to the address which sent me this, because it may also be an exchange's address which a client used to send me. I would simply open up a thread and ask the sender to pop up and provide enough details to convince me, if he is able to do so, I will happily hand over him the amount.
Activity: 1
Merit: 0
ha its nice to do that.......!!!!!
legendary
Activity: 1764
for me i will refund it
and type a note :
tips are welcomed Smiley
what you will do ?

There is basically no chance in hell he could write the adress wrong and it go to another adress unless he did it purpose so what I will do with those coins is what I usually do with my coins Grin which is hold , hold and hold till it BTC reach a GOOD amount then Iwithraw

yeah, I moved to my mobile for transactions most of the time. scanning a QR code prevents human error Cheesy not always possible, but I use it whenever I get the chance to
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1074
You would want other people to do the same, if it was you. Right?  

As said, do unto others as want done onto you....

And as they also say, karma is a bitch. Some bad luck is bound to befall you sooner than later so do the right thing, get the funds back to its rightful owner.

Geeez I have to go with you on that.. I have seen too many people keeping stolen things or money they have received from some dodgy source, just to lose it all after a while.

That might be the life savings of someone and he or she might commit suicide, if they lost their life earnings or all the savings from a startup business or a charity.

That said, if that money came from a wallet with say 100 000 coins, I would send a small transaction back, with a little note and negotiate some terms for a payback. ;->

It's the right thing to do.  Grin
staff
Activity: 3500
Merit: 6152
for me i will refund it
and type a note :
tips are welcomed Smiley
what you will do ?

There is basically no chance in hell he could write the adress wrong and it go to another adress unless he did it purpose so what I will do with those coins is what I usually do with my coins Grin which is hold , hold and hold till it BTC reach a GOOD amount then Iwithraw
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
I would lend it on loans. Basically I will try to gain more bitcoins with those 50btcs. And then will roll them again and again till the bitcoin prices reaches $500 and will sell them off then.  Grin Grin

why you not use it to start bussines ? like trading may be a exchanger website
don't LOAN to people if you can growth it  Wink
Activity: 336
Merit: 251
I would wait that this person contacts me and then I would return him 90% while I would keep 10% as a prize money. I wouldn't send anything back automatically, since you never know what exactly happened and if someone has made an honest mistake and wants his money back, I am sure he would make an effort and contact me in order to get his money back.

How's he going to contact you? All he has is your address.

Only way I can think is if he sends you another small amount via blockchain and leave an email address as a message/comment on that transaction. But he then has to hope that you actually go there to see such message. There is no other way to contact somebody that I know off.
Activity: 686
Merit: 500
I would lend it on loans. Basically I will try to gain more bitcoins with those 50btcs. And then will roll them again and again till the bitcoin prices reaches $500 and will sell them off then.  Grin Grin
Activity: 616
Merit: 500
I can invest those 50 Bitcoins in my Business and after one month I can send 1 BTC and ask what happened? in my message.  If I get response, I will refund remaining 49 BTC. (Earnings from my business is my profit).
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1016
It is easy to say "I would send it back of course" as long as it is just theory.
In practice the case is very often the real opposite.A person who is in really need of that money will very likely keep it and not say any word. A person who doesn't who have to care financially might send it back.But maybe he is a greedy a**hole and keeps it as well.
This thread makes no sense.
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
may be i will use it to start building company Smiley
or use it to trade in 1month

after it i will send back his 50BTC + 50% profit from my trade  Roll Eyes
Activity: 798
Move On !!!!!!
I would wait that this person contacts me and then I would return him 90% while I would keep 10% as a prize money. I wouldn't send anything back automatically, since you never know what exactly happened and if someone has made an honest mistake and wants his money back, I am sure he would make an effort and contact me in order to get his money back.
Activity: 336
Merit: 251

As said, do unto others as want done onto you....

And as they also say, karma is a bitch. Some bad luck is bound to befall you sooner than later so do the right thing, get the funds back to its rightful owner.

legendary
Activity: 1764
diversify. I'd take half of it and invest in 2-3 projects I care about and would go on a little shopping spree with the rest. Smiley
legendary
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1015
Just post on forums and ask if anyone transferred a bunch of bitcoins to the wrong address. Do not mention how much it was and what the address was. Ask that person to send you a PM to discuss the matter.
If you find a likely candidate, ask him to send a small amount to the address again, to prove that it was his bitcoin address. Then transfer the money back to him or her.

I would do that, if I find someone's wallet or credit card on the street. And I have done that before and received a handsome reward for it.

right move. Conscience you well, What if the owner earned it for a long time and 50btc is very hard to earn. I would do the same..
Pages:
Jump to: