Pages:
Author

Topic: if you entered your wallet and you found 50BTC what you will do ? - page 10. (Read 15024 times)

Activity: 603
Merit: 500
I like how many of you say you would return the bitcoin but if I'm honest with myself, I think I wouldn't (under my current circumstances anyway). If it was an accidental transaction between buyer and seller yes, but if it's a random 50btc then no. I certainly wouldn't go out of my way to rip someone off though but I would justify to myself that it would be a lesson learnt to the sender.
Activity: 346
Merit: 250
psygambler
I just thought that I if this ever happened to me I might post it here since this is the only place where my BTC address is posted
There's a very small chance to receive wrong sent coins to your address considering the number of combinations available for a BTC address

But theres also a very small chance you win on the lottery, and people do win ;P

I believe in lottery and if I win lottery then I claim the money.
The bitcoins sent to me was random and by mistake, something that I didn't join like lottery.
When ever I lose money I always say to my self they need it most.
In this case I think the same, they may need it more than I do.

Of course, that wasn't my point of comparing with the lottery, it was the odds part ;P
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1036
I just thought that I if this ever happened to me I might post it here since this is the only place where my BTC address is posted
There's a very small chance to receive wrong sent coins to your address considering the number of combinations available for a BTC address

But theres also a very small chance you win on the lottery, and people do win ;P

I believe in lottery and if I win lottery then I claim the money.
The bitcoins sent to me was random and by mistake, something that I didn't join like lottery.
When ever I lose money I always say to my self they need it most.
In this case I think the same, they may need it more than I do.
legendary
Activity: 1876
Merit: 1005
If I open my wallet and find 50 BTC there without waiting I will return the whole amount to its owner.We all do mistakes and at least one chance everyone deserves to correct his mistake.I will contact him and gives his BTC's back without any condition.If that considers to tip me that will be fine.
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
If this happened to me ever I will return him half of the total Bitcoins to teach him a lesson too.Who can not keep his wealth properly doesn't deserve to own it.50 Bitcoins is a big amount in fiat and everyone must be very very careful.
legendary
Activity: 1020
Merit: 1000
Purchase Real Estate, I can put purchase pieces of Real Estate through a variety of methods. This allows me to generate an additional stream of income which is a major key to building wealth, it sounds like me have a great job now but should something happen me want to have additional income coming in from a variety of sources. Grin Grin
Activity: 434
Loose lips sink sigs!
The chances that it was a random error/typing error/etc are virtually nil.  It would have to be someone who knows you/has transacted with you/etc.  So, be nice to the people you know and return it. Smiley

If it's a random error it most certainly doesn't have to be someone who knows you.

no seriously if i would use it, i should first have the same amount else where in case the owner asked for it.

How would someone be able to ask you for it back, they don't know who you are or how to contact you!

I like the idea of hanging onto it and watching the Forum...or I might post a note on the forum and say "who lost 50BTC" and if they can explain the exact timing and address sent from you can verify you're talking to the right person. Keeping a commission would be appropriate for the person who owns the BTC to give you, but you shouldn't take it on your own, that's just as bad as keeping it all to begin with.

P.S. I'd ask for 50BTC worth of trust be added to my account on this forum.
psygambler

legendary
legendary
Activity: 3178
Merit: 1140
#SWGT CERTIK Audited
will keep sending few btc to the sender's address and wait for his response, let's say once per week
in case i didn't have any answer after well i think the buddy got a stroke for loosing his money and passed away!
no seriously if i would use it, i should first have the same amount else where in case the owner asked for it.
psygambler
I don't know what I would have done, i guess kept it if anybody doesn't contact me and bring out proofs. Finders keepers ;P
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
★Support For PHILIPPINES Sub Forum★
I will buy big house for my family, and i spare some to them for paying my brother/sister school. And i will make something new that can earn money in real life and also i invest some bitcoin that maybe the price will go high like 2-3 years ago.

my reply to this post was posted already  Grin

I will wake up from my sleep

even in the third world country, 50 BTC will not get you that far after buying a big house.
legendary
Activity: 2982
Merit: 1485
I will buy big house for my family, and i spare some to them for paying my brother/sister school. And i will make something new that can earn money in real life and also i invest some bitcoin that maybe the price will go high like 2-3 years ago.

Do you know what is the current price of Bitcoin? 50BTC is ~11.000$  I think it is not enough to realize your plan.

You don't know where he lives. That amount of money is more than enough to buy a house for most developing countries. His plan looks good to me. In fact I replied the similar thing here.
Activity: 196
maybe I'll send it back, or maybe I'll wear for partying  Cheesy
Activity: 140
★Support For PHILIPPINES Sub Forum★
I'll invest it into something that I'm sure will earn until someone claims.
But i'll wait till 1 week only.
After 1 week and no one claim, then it's mine.
Activity: 126
I would move it to a paper wallet and pretend it never happened.  Cool
Activity: 350
Bonus Claim Url: http://betonline.wager.bz
If i get 50 BTC in my wallet i will buy anything i want. But who will send me 50 BTC ? jahaha
Activity: 322
Real power doesnt hit hard,but right to the target
I'll keep it for 3 days. If there's no one request his money back, i'll withdraw that 50BTC from my address.
I had a same story. 3 months ago, i opened my wallet and then i found that i've received 800k satoshi from an address.
wow that very good Smiley
i get 100-200 k satosi per week but im not know from where

i think i get from some referal at faucet  Grin
Activity: 364
I'll keep it for 3 days. If there's no one request his money back, i'll withdraw that 50BTC from my address.
I had a same story. 3 months ago, i opened my wallet and then i found that i've received 800k satoshi from an address.
legendary
i will take, and sillent  Grin

you can call that ninja moves  Grin
i dont say that i dont beleive to those who will return it
but when it happen to them maybe they will think twice  Cheesy

yes you are right
you can never really say unless it happened to you and you responded just like what you posted here
Pages:
Jump to: