Pages:
Author

Topic: if you entered your wallet and you found 50BTC what you will do ? - page 9. (Read 15024 times)

Activity: 756
Merit: 503
Crypto.games
I feel like a lot of people in this thread are lying about how nice and generous they would be...this is bitcoin, all you have to do is throw it in a mixer and nobody knows where it went.

Exactly, some (or maybe most) of people who posted in this thread were just trying to be nice. Maybe because for publicity Wink

Maybe yes they are just trying to look nice in the forum or maybe no they really are like that when it happened to them.
Conscience will play a big role if anyone receives 50BTC from an unknown sender
yep conscience will be your enemy, if you won't return it, i guarantee you won't be able to sleep properly, you'll be thinking a lot of "what IFs" which will bother you. if i were asked, i would return it and i'd have a peace of mind

conscience? c'mon guys.. lets be real here...
 you did not snatch it. or rob it. it is in your wallet...
it get there in their own. so you did not do anything wrong.haha....
 you should be happy... and get real..
but if someone claims it. that its his and just make some wrong. its a different story.
but when nobody claims it. its all yours. and ofcourse i wont ask in any forum who did some mistake.
Tongue
Activity: 490
Merit: 251
Make winning bets on sports with Sportsbet.io!
I feel like a lot of people in this thread are lying about how nice and generous they would be...this is bitcoin, all you have to do is throw it in a mixer and nobody knows where it went.

Exactly, some (or maybe most) of people who posted in this thread were just trying to be nice. Maybe because for publicity Wink

Maybe yes they are just trying to look nice in the forum or maybe no they really are like that when it happened to them.
yep conscience will be your enemy, if you won't return it, i guarantee you won't be able to sleep properly, you'll be thinking a lot of "what IFs" which will bother you. if i were asked, i would return it and i'd have a peace of mind
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1017
If I opened my wallet and found 50 BTC, I would wonder what I sold while I was drunk the night before.  In fact, I woke up once and found a Pandacoin wallet staking with 60 million Pandacoin in it.  To this day, I still haven't sold a single Pandacoin and have no idea what I was thinking when I got them because I was drunk.

So, with the 50 BTC, I would get drunk, probably, and invest in Pandacoin or something.
legendary
Activity: 1344
Merit: 1006

Activity: 204
Merit: 100

Activity: 854
Merit: 658
rgbkey.github.io/pgp.txt
Activity: 140
0x7ae5adbc7a0429a49b6e6ed4a8a89ffbbae6125f
If I found 50btc in my wallet maybe just some error in the system I will sign off again and if still there I wait some some post here or I no one post here maybe I will donate it.
Activity: 812
Merit: 1000
I will try to find the original owner by first of all searching in the forum and social media but if I find no threads then I will open one, post on twitter, reddit and tell the original owner to come by and post a signed message proving that the address the Bitcoins came from is his and then I would return his BTC.

Also, until I find the original owner I would transfer the funds to one of my cold storage address, I wouldn't want to risk keeping someone else's money in my hot wallet, since I presume that is where I would see it because I rarely check balance of my empty cold storage addresses and if the BTC is send there then I wouldn't even know until the time comes to use that address.
Activity: 756
Merit: 503
Crypto.games
lolz seriously? what will i do? hmm.. no lies i will definetly withdraw it the moment i saw it.hahaha...
i dont know much about nodes or how to trace back the sender. so its better to keep it myself..
il just think it as a blessing... besides i did not take it to anyone... its in my wallet. Tongue hehe...
but all of this is just a dream.. so wake up  now...  Cool Kiss
Activity: 176
I would send a note to get his contact details to discuss further
And i would send him back all of them, if he wants to give me reward/tips then it is welcome.
The situation is pretty same of "if you find on the street a wallet what would you do"
If anything, I'd say giving me 10BTC would be more than fair. Heck, giving him 0.00001BTC and keeping the rest would be fair; at least he got some bitcoins instead of losing them all! Wink
Activity: 392
Merit: 250
transfer them in other wallet ....that means who put that btc in my wallet haves nothing to do with btc Grin
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
Never ending parties are what Im into.
I had not logged into my wallet for a well and was hoping some one had gave me a bump. Grin

50 btc is about the cost of the home inspection course I plan to take next year about 16K. Want to change my field of work and take advantage of working around my own schedule.
Right now I work for a company that offers no overtime and I look at the guys 5 years older than me,their bodies are toast.
Kind of sick of working all day and being to tired to do anything after work as well. Know the future will only be harder to adjust to physically.

legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1011
I just thought that I if this ever happened to me I might post it here since this is the only place where my BTC address is posted
There's a very small chance to receive wrong sent coins to your address considering the number of combinations available for a BTC address

But theres also a very small chance you win on the lottery, and people do win ;P

Sadly, that too is no longer the case.... http://money.cnn.com/2015/08/31/news/illinois-lottery/
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002
I would send a note to get his contact details to discuss further
And i would send him back all of them, if he wants to give me reward/tips then it is welcome.
The situation is pretty same of "if you find on the street a wallet what would you do"
legendary
Activity: 1750
Merit: 1115
Providing AI/ChatGpt Services - PM!
Send me 50 BTC, you'll see what I'll do Roll Eyes
LOL, you forgot to post your btc address man! Grin I'd like to see the result Grin
Activity: 225
Merit: 103
Wizard
Send me 50 BTC, you'll see what I'll do Roll Eyes
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1036
So many people here answered they will give it back to the sender. But its a really difficult for those people who have a financial problem atm, and suddenly they got that big amount of bitcoin in their wallet. Could we say it is their fortune?

I remember a church cleaner once told me a story when a woman kneel for prayers inside the church and after that she saw an unattended wallet left by someone. She took the wallet but the the church cleaner approached the woman and church cleaner said to the woman "i'll take it as someone might come back and claim" the woman said "no! this is the answer to my prayers".

Same thing might happen if the 50 BTC is deposited to a wrong BTC address.
Activity: 204
Sorry to the owner but I won't return it. Bitcoin transaction is irreversible Grin hehe. Those bitcoins were now mine! *devil laugh*
Activity: 602
Merit: 500
In math we trust.
Most likely it would try to see where it came from and return a portion of the amount to the original owner.
I would invest the remaining bitcoin in a reputable's site bankroll.
legendary
Activity: 2506
Merit: 1125
So many people here answered they will give it back to the sender. But its a really difficult for those people who have a financial problem atm, and suddenly they got that big amount of bitcoin in their wallet. Could we say it is their fortune?
Pages:
Jump to: