Pages:
Author

Topic: If your coin increased 40% - 200% in value over night. What would you do? - page 16. (Read 36210 times)

Activity: 44
Merit: 0
I had a similar situation with Bitcoin Diamond in December of last year) Of course it's worth selling. Then look what you need. Bought at a low price and increase the number of altcoyins or simply fix profits.
 Lips sealed Lips sealed
Activity: 276
Merit: 1
It depends upon the market. If you are suffering loss and the market is down. It is not good time to sell coins. At that time there will be only one option left that is hold. Holding may give you the chance for you to recover your loss, but if you sell all your coins, you will be at loss. So buy at low, sell at high and hold when you are suffering loss.
Activity: 420
Merit: 100
Do you continue hodling or sell? A lot of people say to hold no matter what happens and I'm not advocating daytrading but I think in a situation like this, it'd be advantageous to sell.

Thoughts? What would you do?

If the coin has increased by 200% I would have immediately sold if this race short! and when she falls to the previous price I would have bought more and would have waited the same jump. But it is necessary to analyze what happened this race, and you can re-race! If there is such a possibility that this cycle will repeat that I would sell and buy when the price would fall back and waited for a second jump!
Activity: 728
Merit: 250
With such a situation, of course, I would sell some of the assets from my coin right away. Such a situation is what all investors are waiting for and craving for. Significant improvement does not occur every day, so with the opportunities available, you should be able to make the most of it.
Activity: 490
Do you continue hodling or sell? A lot of people say to hold no matter what happens and I'm not advocating daytrading but I think in a situation like this, it'd be advantageous to sell.

I have never seen such a rise among my coins, but I would definitely have made a sale. Necessarily after this, a good correction will come,  which can earn all the profit overnight and leave you with nothing.
Activity: 770
the best decision for you is to sell it and move to coins that have good potential
Activity: 126
Although, It is your own decision yet it depends on the market condition. UP and down is the nature of the market. However, through thick and thin is not always. Long time held will be more beneficial as my view.
Activity: 196
of course i'm gonna sell it and jump to another promising coin, why you bother to ask anyway. in a bear market like these days x2 is the best thing you can hope
Activity: 387

Naturally I would sell a part of this coin to recapture the invested money, and then would look on a situation. If the price would grow I would keep, if it fell, then held in a long
Activity: 938
Merit: 251
It depend on my position as regard the coin impact in cryptocurrency and my outlook concerning the future of such coin. I have had coin going 10x in the market and yet, I did not sell! For me, cryptocurrency is not about the money but Ideolgy!
Activity: 98
I've thought about this scenario many times because it's practically a dream come true haha, to find an investment good enough to multiply my profit, depends a little on the project, but if it's a coin for transfers or exchange, I think I sell enough to recover my investment plus a 10% profit and still hodl the rest.
Activity: 95
Merit: 10
Most Advanced Crypto Exchange on the Blockchain
For we it all comes down to why did it pump.  Was there a reason for it?  Can the coin support it's new market cap?  There are many different scenarios that could occur that would cause me to dump and quite a few that would make me hold. 
Activity: 378
Whenever i want to sell or buy a coin, i am mostly concerned about the price in coin units (such as, satoshi) rather than the price i dollars. So if the percentage increase is in satoshi or gwei, i will sell at such percentage increase.
Activity: 728
Merit: 254

If your coin increased by 200% over night,  that's a clear sign of pump, and you should be expecting it brother,  which is dump.
I won't excitate to sell off those coin
Activity: 210
it all depends on the coin. if I believe that it is promising and will continue to grow in price, I will not sell it and leave that it continued to grow in price.
Activity: 1313
Merit: 278
In the current market, I would definitely sell most of it. I have seen this situation many times, and I regret that, in expectation of greater growth, I did not sell those coins that I had.
Activity: 475
I would definitely sell right away, I think the market is volatile but an increase of 200% on a day, that is out of the question something that doesn't happen everyday, the other things would be how much money I invested, if it were little I would think about waiting a bit more to sell.
Activity: 866
Merit: 10
with market conditions like now it is very unlikely to get a profit of up to 200% overnight, but if that happens then I'll sell all the coin I've because it will dump after a few hours
Activity: 130
Well, this is just a simple question. As an investor, you ought to diversify your portfolio. Personally, I have a portfolio full of coins for long term hold (2yrs plus) and I don't even think of selling when I see a massive 200% or more but if I see such % on my other portfolio of shot-term, I'm definitely going to sell.
Activity: 490
Merit: 250

Depends on the coin. I would sell if this increase is just an one-off thing and won't happen in future. If it's a good coin, I'd hodl and see the price dynamics. If it's dropping fast, for some reason, I'd sell.
Pages:
Jump to: