Pages:
Author

Topic: If your coin increased 40% - 200% in value over night. What would you do? - page 19. (Read 36210 times)

Activity: 29
Merit: 0
For me this will be devastating surprise. I will sell all.
Activity: 30
I will sell all of my coin. Then relax.
Activity: 448
Merit: 102
APOLLOX Protocol
Probably sell. I used to be the real believer and romantic but lately those times made me change my strategies and opinions about how things work in crypto.
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
Depends if the person is hodler or trader. For long term hodler, 40 - 200% gain is nothing. So it would just cause a slight smile on the face when checking Blockfolio, but nothing more. Long term hodlers are here for thousands of % gains. I know, sounds like utopia in the current market situation. More relevant question now would be what would you do if your coin decreased 40 - 200% in value over night. But the answer will be the same, strong hodler will of course still hodl Grin
Activity: 798
Merit: 500
Do you continue hodling or sell? A lot of people say to hold no matter what happens and I'm not advocating daytrading but I think in a situation like this, it'd be advantageous to sell.

Thoughts? What would you do?
If i have such an increase overnight, the next question i would ask myself is, "what am i waiting for?" I will not wait an extra second, i will proceed to sell on exchange.  Only a big risk taker will wait further.
Activity: 350
Merit: 1
Well, such a rapid growth is always accompanied by a fall , I think if more than 100% per day then I would certainly sell coins
Activity: 1540
Merit: 500
Do you continue hodling or sell? A lot of people say to hold no matter what happens and I'm not advocating daytrading but I think in a situation like this, it'd be advantageous to sell.

Its dependent on a lot of things. How many tokens are you holding? I would say it would be sane to hold some and sell some just to be on the safe side. You don't wanna have regret if it goes 500% and you sold at 40%. always diverse. never sell all. never buy all
Activity: 74
Well, it depends on the number of tokens/coins that I have. If I have a lot then I will sell some to make some profits then I will hodl some. Lips sealed Lips sealed
Activity: 434
Merit: 101
That happaned to me at laest 1000 times with all the airdrop coins i had, the day after all went down Smiley . If i have a 100k investment in crpto, then i would react in another way   Smiley
Activity: 308
Merit: 100
Everybody holding cryptocurrency has recorded massive loses the past six or seven months. So if any of my coins record such massive gains bro I am gonna sell first and research what caused the price increase later.
Activity: 266
Hello, if one of my coins per night increases in price by 40% - 200%
I will look for a reason to understand this for a long time or for 12 hours. check the official pages of the coin read the news about the coin.
And I decide to sell or keep on.
Activity: 252
for me, I will sell it immediately and I will wait for a cheap price, so we will get a better profit by waiting for a higher price increase.
Activity: 602
Merit: 105
It depends, if its a project with a great potential and i m believing in that, i'll sell some portion, like %30 portion. a portion that covers my expenses, and wait(pray!) for that the rise continues. Almost everybody in here lived that in some time last year.
Activity: 266
If the price you suits, then of course sell . But if the price is very low - but you believe in this project and are sure that it will rise, then buy more at a good price
Activity: 1512
Merit: 306

If my coin has increased above 200% over night, There must be something good happening on the project of the coin.
Therefore, i will keep holding it because there is a possibility to increase more later if the project doing very good..

This investment model is profitable in a growing market, but it does not justify itself in a falling market.
Activity: 1638
Merit: 251
Hexhash.xyz

If my coin has increased above 200% over night, There must be something good happening on the project of the coin.
Therefore, i will keep holding it because there is a possibility to increase more later if the project doing very good..
Activity: 168
Merit: 10
Understand, many people who hold coins in the long term, do not have the ability to instantly sell them. If I do not go into details, then to get my coins, I need to spend 2 working days and pay a small Commission. All this is done for my personal safety, as in our time threats towards crypto holders are not uncommon.
if we already sell when the coin rises to 20% it must have been profitable,
and be careful if you want to buy when the price goes up, because not all coins increase to 200%
Activity: 112
I will sell as soon as these coin will soon discount. Others will not miss this opportunity to take profits.
Activity: 90
Merit: 2
If my coin holding increases for 40% in overnight. I will immediately sell it and buy again on the dip. If it will increase again for 10%, i will sell it again.I am a trader with target price and stop loss prices. I don't invest long term.
Activity: 98
If it is a coin that I had little faith in, I would sell, and count my profits. Otherwise, I will hodl the coins for better increase.
Pages:
Jump to: