Pages:
Author

Topic: If your coin increased 40% - 200% in value over night. What would you do? - page 22. (Read 36210 times)

Activity: 645
Merit: 250
That is a huge price increase but it will depend on what type of news that caused the mooning.  If it's 200%, I wouldn't hesitate to sell all or a large majority of it but if the price increase was 40% and the news was something like getting listed on Coinbase, I would hold off on selling. 
Activity: 658
Merit: 256
Freshdice.com
It might be a miracle if this would actually happen and in that case, i would probably sell all of my holdings because there's no assucrance that it will again increase as much as this and to be safe when its market value again, starts to fall down. It would be greed if investors would choose to hold and wait for its market value to increasre even more because sometimes we just have to be contented with things.
Activity: 373
Merit: 100
If that increase is possible I might have sold it. Because I think that's enough for me to make a profit. So I do not need to be greedy in that case. I will sell it and buy it some more. I think it's a good strategy in trading. So do not save too long if you want to trade.
Activity: 546
From the situation that happened with very high volume increases the price, of course, I will take the decision to sell the coins. And I'll buy the coin after the price down again. That opportunity must be for the benefit from and we will feel a very big advantage. With the advantage, of course, could be to invest in coins.
Activity: 627
Merit: 103
To me? I will sell all of them without any confusion. Because by following over these years of the crypto world, I am pretty much sure if a coin gain 40-200% in a night then that price will fall down within one or two days! So, as a trader, I will not miss that chance to sell everything to get more when that coin drops! And I think most of the trader will do the same.
Activity: 98
Merit: 0
I will sell it immediately, no need to think, then put lower order to buy back

You'll never make big money if you sell all of it but that's your choice.
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
I will sell it immediately, no need to think, then put lower order to buy back
Activity: 462
Merit: 10
If you can achieve this increase literally in one day, then it makes no sense to keep token further, because the profit is already big enough for a normal income.
Activity: 336
With big profit like that, I sell and buy back later when it dies down
Activity: 1022
Merit: 276
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
Do you continue hodling or sell? A lot of people say to hold no matter what happens and I'm not advocating daytrading but I think in a situation like this, it'd be advantageous to sell.

Thoughts? What would you do?
I will sell it immediately of course, the sense of holding is to wait for an opportunity to sell it at higher value, so if its value has increased 40-200% there is no way that I will hold it still.
Activity: 602
If the price of the coin is up in market then sell it , when the price of the coin low in market then buy it again and hold it for long term until the price grow up.
Activity: 1004
Merit: 111
Do you continue hodling or sell? A lot of people say to hold no matter what happens and I'm not advocating daytrading but I think in a situation like this, it'd be advantageous to sell.

Thoughts? What would you do?

i would definitely sell it directly, the set a wall on buy back, yes. there are thing that to be consider.
in very pump htere are dump before the moon and i believe on that that is why i will never set it so high.
i need a buy back first.
Activity: 294
Merit: 1
I stick to the long-term perspective of retention, although I constantly monitor the price-if it suits me , that I sell exactly half, and the rest just continue to hold for even more profit .
Activity: 131
well it depends on how long are your targets for that coin if you are short term trader it means a lot so close your trade and wait for the next dip to enter a new trade.
Activity: 1190
Merit: 123
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
Imagine that it is January 2017 and your alt. doubled from $9 to $18 during the night and You sell it all.
After a Year in January 2018 you are unhappy as your alt. worth $1.3 k and You do not have any Ethereum.
Never sell all your coins as they can go to the  moon  and you will miss it. (only if You have shitcoins you can sell them all
)

I don't agree with your point about not having to sell one's stash. The goal of buying /trading Cryptocurrencies is to buy low and sell high. That's why people hodl long term ~ to profit off it. So you should sell when it's high. It doesn't necessarily have to be a long term hold. You just have to hodl it long enough for the price to spike.

Activity: 168
The idea of investing in cryptocurrency is that as long as you make money, you can sell it quickly, not greedy!
Because the cryptocurrency has a lot of fluctuations, the risk is too great, and there is a possibility of losing money in the next second!
Activity: 294
Merit: 1
I would sell. This is called taking profit.  You can not go against the crowd, many will start to sell, so the price of the coin will fall and you can buy it again.
Activity: 462
Merit: 13
The best option here is to sell, because 200% profit is too much to be sustained for a long time. The coins that have steady and continuous increase in price are those with slow and steady growth. Any coin that moons that much will still dip.
Activity: 485
Merit: 12
$WPP $HyFi https://hyfi-corp.com/
Imagine that it is January 2017 and your alt. doubled from $9 to $18 during the night and You sell it all.
After a Year in January 2018 you are unhappy as your alt. worth $1.3 k and You do not have any Ethereum.
Never sell all your coins as they can go to the  moon  and you will miss it. (only if You have shitcoins you can sell them all )
Activity: 81
I will locked in profits for at least 50% of my investments, then put my stop loss at entry point and will trail it, keep it tight. Greed is one of the most dangerous enemy in trading and investments at all.
Pages:
Jump to: