Pages:
Author

Topic: If your coin increased 40% - 200% in value over night. What would you do? - page 23. (Read 36210 times)

Activity: 98
Merit: 0
Do you continue hodling or sell? A lot of people say to hold no matter what happens and I'm not advocating daytrading but I think in a situation like this, it'd be advantageous to sell.

Thoughts? What would you do?
Do not sell it now. Keep it all up to the end of the year. When btc hits 15k everything will be at the top. That's when you should sell.

The flaw with that thinking is if a coin does the 2x thing, it will drop at least short-term. It's inevitable. Then you'd be better off simply selling and buying back in, and either going with more coins or some profit.

Also no guarantee that if BTC hits 15K, that said alt will retain its value at year's end. BTC doubles and your coins sinks like a stone at the end of the year, it's less profit.

The biggest issue I have when my coins do the big pump thing is the fact that many are flash pumps -- blink and you miss it. So it means guessing at where to set sell orders ahead of time, and odds are they won't be right.

I guess that's the reason you sell some of your coins when their price jumps or convert them to BTC. If you hold alts you can lose in value even if the alts jump in prices. Weird but true.
Activity: 28
Do you continue hodling or sell? A lot of people say to hold no matter what happens and I'm not advocating daytrading but I think in a situation like this, it'd be advantageous to sell.

I think that telling people to day trade is good but you also have to step back and think about the people who you are telling to day trade. A lot of them do not understand the market and the charts well enough to day trade without making massive losses. Most of the time, the best thing is to hold the coins that you have and wait for better prices.
Activity: 199
If my coin had increased by 40% - 200% in value per night, I would have sold half. and the second half was left for further growth.
Activity: 39
I will certainly sell all the coins. With the pump that high, certainly the price drop, so I know what I'm selling it all. Then I'll wait for the price to go back down and then I'll buy the coins again.
Activity: 1484
Merit: 500
Across The Universe
portfolio increasing 200% in over night will make me wakeup and stay on the front of my computer to start selling my asset Grin what you waiting for? it's 200% and is time to selling and go vacation!
Activity: 62
I would have sold half of the coins in the morning! And I would see what would happen next! If the coin grows, I will always have the remaining half and I will keep this coin without risk!
Activity: 1092
Merit: 501
I suppose that most people will say that they will sell their coins but I think that will be a mistake I will keep watching the market and see how it moves, if the coin in which I invested has a great potential then that kind of growth is nothing, I invest in icos and altcoins for the long term and because I am expecting profits of 10x to 20x at minimum and I am not going to settle for less.
Activity: 362
Merit: 7
I'd most likely sell around 70% to 80% of the profit and continue trading the rest, but it would also depend on whether or not I thought the project was a worthwhile long term investment or just a pump & dump scheme Smiley
Activity: 1204
Merit: 509

Do not sell it now. Keep it all up to the end of the year. When btc hits 15k everything will be at the top. That's when you should sell.

The flaw with that thinking is if a coin does the 2x thing, it will drop at least short-term. It's inevitable. Then you'd be better off simply selling and buying back in, and either going with more coins or some profit.

Also no guarantee that if BTC hits 15K, that said alt will retain its value at year's end. BTC doubles and your coins sinks like a stone at the end of the year, it's less profit.

The biggest issue I have when my coins do the big pump thing is the fact that many are flash pumps -- blink and you miss it. So it means guessing at where to set sell orders ahead of time, and odds are they won't be right.
Activity: 280

Activity: 280
Merit: 100
It depends how much I like the project but I'd probably sell a partial...
I also prefer partial sale. Once, with the sharp increase in the token, I sold all the tokens, but it turned out that after a while the project became even more expensive. This was a lesson for me and now I always use a partial sale.
Activity: 182
It depends how much I like the project but I'd probably sell a partial...
Activity: 518
I will sell it when the price increase is not normal and buy it back when there is a sharp price decline, I am not a daily trader but often monitor my portofolio every day

If it happens once, I will certainly sell the tokens. Meanwhile, I will not leave the crypto world. I will wait when the altcoins become cheap again and invest in them once more. The money should work.
Activity: 73

A coin that increases to that extent overnight, can also depreciate overnight. Anything can happen. So depending on the market situation - if the seems not to be stable, i will sell and if otherwise, i will hold. If i sell, i might decide to buy the deep again, just that this does not happen at all times. I have had an experience, where i thought a particular coin was going to deep beyond the price i sold, but to my amazement, instead of plunging, it was escalating. Now imagine such a situation. That is why you cannot totally predict cryptocurrency.
Activity: 98
As far as I am concern, I will head to exchange straight and dispose all the shit coin in my wallet before d market start singing red devil again

But if it's rising why would you say it's a shitcoin? Some coins are still young and their prices are low because their market cap is low but you can't say that they're shitcoins just because of their low prices. Ripple is a shitcoin and it's in top10 alts.
Activity: 318

Personally for me, if a the price of a coin I hold increase by this percentage overnight, I will sell more than half of it and continue holding the rest no matter what happens because I cannot predict what will happen to the coin after that. I will sell and make reasonable profit so that when the price falls, I know I have made something from it and I can even buy back when the price falls.
Activity: 69
As far as I am concern, I will head to exchange straight and dispose all the shit coin in my wallet before d market start singing red devil again
Activity: 24
If that happens I'm happy and happy. No need to wait for some time to get profitable or strenuous trade coin. But it is very rare, if only, to be unique, because the cost of sacrificing too much if greed
Activity: 4
I truly don't think day exchanging is a smart thought and for the most part incline toward hodling, however I would attempt to exploit the unforeseen circumstance and simply offer. you never know when the coin may drop again so better act fast when conceivable.
Activity: 70
If only I had a dream like that . Sure you would .
Pages:
Jump to: