Pages:
Author

Topic: If your coin increased 40% - 200% in value over night. What would you do? - page 62. (Read 36210 times)

Activity: 462
Merit: 250
If i were see it, ill actually think twice to sell it all, so my answer is i would sell half of it the time when i see the price increase. And the other halg i would set sell order much higher price so if the hype still continue i will earn more.
Activity: 367
Merit: 10
for me, will learn and analyze the growth of the coin that I have in crypto market, because I don't want to suffer huge losses, if the analysis results provide the profit as I want then I will sell, but if it is predicted that the growth of the coin will still continue I will hold it until I want to sell it and make a profit.
Activity: 182
Merit: 0
Do you continue hodling or sell? A lot of people say to hold no matter what happens and I'm not advocating daytrading but I think in a situation like this, it'd be advantageous to sell.

Thoughts? What would you do?

In my opinion, it is better to make your own research and trust your guts.
I was asking myself what to do when cryptocurrency goes down and found out that the most of the privacy coins are undervalued right now.

The best opportunity is to find a privacy-related project with a low total supply (less than 100M), that way the price will be increasing much faster.

I recently found one project called Ethereum Meta, it is related to anonymity and untraceable transaction. They have a very interesting project to build the Anonymous E-Market Place.

They are on exchanges right now, you can check their website: https://ethermeta.com/
Or even better go through their Bitcointalk thread: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/future-of-privacy-ethereum-meta-foundation-of-anonymous-e-marketplace-2659058
Activity: 336
Speaking from your own experience, you can sell and buy every day, but you need to allocate it all day and not always have the opportunity to earn this day, so it's easier for me to keep it longer, it does not take my time and I do not take too much risk. .
Activity: 476
I would hold in certain cases, but if it becomes life changing money then I would have to start taking profit.
Do you continue hodling or sell? A lot of people say to hold no matter what happens and I'm not advocating daytrading but I think in a situation like this, it'd be advantageous to sell.

That is a huge gain if we are talking about day trading,you should be checking the fundamentals or news because that might be the reason why it is pumping hard,if theres no news ? it means someone is playing it or a group of people are doing PND,so you need to get out fast take your profits and forget about it because your potenial gains might turned into stone if you dont act fast.
Activity: 504

This is a very huge profit certainly i would sell it and wait for time when the value would low buy again.A prudent investor wait anxiously for this moment and when this moment occur without any delay he should sell it because if this golden opportunity is missed then another opportunity may take time or it may increase to this level again,so when such situation occur its best to sell and wait for a time when its value is low and buy again.
Activity: 196
Protocol and Token to Reinvent Skill Validation
Of course take profits,because if the coin doesnt have any good fundamentals it is just another pump and dump coin which makes it risky you could lose a good opportunity to get that 200% if you dont act fast all of a sudden it might be turned into 50% losses because if that is just a PND coin its just a matter of minutes before it dumps.
Activity: 181
Surely if i got a fast 200% gain in a night,i would secure my initial investment so that i wont be risking any amount,the other half will be hold if the coin is really worthy to hold if not i am going to take all of my profits because if there is not existing good fundamentals it is morelikey going to be a PND coin which makes it risky if you hold it.
Activity: 154
I would keep my patience, my Belief it will grow more, and I have enough knowledge to back up my belief.   Because the value will grow more and more. It’s just matter of time.
Activity: 280

I would sell immediately because nothing can increase continuously, it will eventually decrease after a while.
Activity: 106
If it increased 200% then i will monitor it more closely, a drop of 10% will be my signal to sell half of it. If it drops for another 10% then will sell it completely. If not then hold.
Activity: 392
Merit: 100
It depends on my personal goals and forecasts, as well as on the investment portfolio. And also each person will decide for himself.
Activity: 210

If that happens then this is the right time for me to sell my coins and I have the opportunity to gain more profit.
Activity: 1358
Merit: 100

increased 200% of your profit? I'm not continue to hold, I will sell my all coins right away because in the next day it will dump for sure. It's enough for me to gain that big profit.
Activity: 476
Merit: 17
If such a great rise in price coins looks on the chart as "the launch of the rocket on the Moon", it is better to sell coins and wait, when the price will return back that always occurs after such strong climbs price. And buy at a lower price, but more coins than it was up to the sale.
Activity: 588
Merit: 257

Wow 200% rise in price? And people are telling you not to sell then I am pretty sure that they are most dumpsters. Lolz. Come on dude no coin will stay at 200% hike for longer than few hours or days as there more sellers than the buyer and holder at this point. So its better to sell whatever you have got and this way you can earn lot of money for time being. What you can do with this money back ? You can just buy more and more coin if that drops in value for the next pump. This way you can do swing trades or smart trades whatever it is and make your way toward the success! Hottest one!
Merit: 18
As many have mentioned, the price of token doesn’t really mean much. Ripple is much cheaper than coins like Monero. However, the market cap is much bigger, which means the room to grow is also smaller. So if I see the price of cryptocurrencies I hold increase by let’s say 100%, 200%, I would see what’s the market cap. For example, it wouldn’t make sense if the token I hold is worth billions dollars’ worth market cap despite the fact that it doesn’t have any products or ideas. I would just sell mine in that case.
Activity: 574
I'd buy more and hold till the price will go up
That's a logic of gamers
Now is a time when some rules have come into a cryptoworld to make some kind of stability
But it's really hard time - time of rules
However, when the rules will be adapted the price will go up again untill new rules will come into
OR! till the next hack-atack, wich can broke up the whole crypto-world
So, my answer is to HOLD
Activity: 108
I  will sell them all and buy  and invest with good alts which are low-priced.
Pages:
Jump to: