Pages:
Author

Topic: If your coin increased 40% - 200% in value over night. What would you do? - page 61. (Read 36210 times)

Activity: 833
Merit: 267
I won't sell them all or keep them all. I'll sell the tokens in my hands in batches. It won't necessarily get the most profit, but it must be the most robust way.

Well it depends on individual's situation as of now if it happens with the coins I am holding I will sell them off straight away and then invest a part of it into promising ICO or Altcoin as too much of greed is not good.

I had similar experience with ripple, Cardano and bytecoin as I become bit greedy to earn more profit I needed up losing the profit due to recent downfall of altcoins so I will sell all the altcoins if the value increased except bitcoin and ethreum as these are most trustable coins.
Activity: 348
Merit: 250
In such conditions, I will wait for few hours and then sell but greater risk lies here as this coin may go more higher in the coming days or just falls next day. So, one should be very wise and ready for this step as either it will make you rich or curse you upon your decision if coins shoots up more.
Activity: 65
Merit: 0
Do you continue hodling or sell? A lot of people say to hold no matter what happens and I'm not advocating daytrading but I think in a situation like this, it'd be advantageous to sell.

Thoughts? What would you do?
With 200% growth I will just sell it. There is lot of manipulation being done these days and thus better to make use of these opportunities.
Activity: 532
Merit: 114
A singular concurrence would not be applicable to every such scenario. Depending on the market situation and the coin you hold, you should take a call accordingly. For prudence in hodling or otherwise is unique to the situation.
Activity: 280
Merit: 5
Do you continue hodling or sell? A lot of people say to hold no matter what happens and I'm not advocating daytrading but I think in a situation like this, it'd be advantageous to sell.

I think everyone sell right away if they knows that they have already a profit and that is also the intention of the investors and the traders to get a profit from their investment even me that is also my move to sell right away because in just 24 hours  you gain 40%-200%. that is a time that we wait to gain double or more than that.
Activity: 790
Merit: 261
I won't sell them all or keep them all. I'll sell the tokens in my hands in batches. It won't necessarily get the most profit, but it must be the most robust way.

Well it depends on individual's situation as of now if it happens with the coins I am holding I will sell them off straight away and then invest a part of it into promising ICO or Altcoin as too much of greed is not good.
Activity: 143
Merit: 1
I would immediately sell, thats a massive gain in one night and has little chance of continuing to go up. Most likely it'll drop right back down to the normal levels the next day. better to cash that out than hodling. Buy in again when it drops and wait for the next pump
Hodling is only really for when it drops.
Activity: 82
Activity: 826
Merit: 250

If so, I would prefer to sell a part of this altcoin and reinvest into new one, which in my opinion have a potential to grow. Or fix the profit in fiat, according to the market trend.
Activity: 742
Merit: 500
The revolutionary trading ecosystem
I will take profit and lock in my initial investment in the project, I think this is the mistake most people do in this space, the first thing first, locking in your  capital you invested into to project and allow the remaining tokens to run, this should now be your profit, but because of greed some will be hoping for 10X return that may never come
Activity: 175

I think I do diversity where in I'm going to sell 50% of it and I'll keep holding the remaining 50%. This can be my safest way or strategy to avoiding possible losses. However, if I'd felt that the flow of  the system are continuously performing better, by then I do holding it all and sell it in much higher price when the market value are rising up in maybe 400% - 700%. The right time and good strategy may lead the way in reaching success.   
Activity: 9
That is huge amount of gain, 200% would be enough for me to take profits especially when the coin doesnt have any fundamentals because the posibility of its dumping would be big,few minutes or seconds depends to what the PND group has set.If it does have good fundamentals taking profits would be better to secure your initial investment which is the 100% or half,then going to put the other half to hold so that if anything happens my investment is secured.
Activity: 45
I will sell all the coins in my wallet.
because usually the coins are up and not long the price drops again from the previous price. and that's a chance I think to buy it.
Activity: 386

If that happens I will sell the coins I have, and when the price goes down I will buy it. I think it will be an interesting advantage, and my coin count will increase.
Activity: 2254
Merit: 658
Looking for gigs
If I were to answer that question, it definitely depends on the situation. Assuming that you know the cycle when Bitcoin and other altcoins pump or dumo, that’s an advantage for you. If that period of time where the coin or token skyrockets by 40% to 200%, you can cashout half or full, which again depends on the situation. As long you know when to hold or sell, you are on the right track, but again the world of cryptocurrency is unpredictable.
Activity: 252
Merit: 2
Ximply for president!!!

It actually depends on my goal, but if that thing happens i'll analyze what happened overnight is it just because of a whale? or a panic buying caused by FOMO. I have 75-80% to chance sell then i would buy again after the correction  Wink
Activity: 406
Merit: 2
First thing i will be very happy!!! My portfolio has double or even more, then follow by i will think of a strategy maybe cash out 30-40% comparing to my capital investment. Then use the cash out capital to look for a more promising altcoin to invest.
Activity: 252
Merit: 13
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
It would probably depend on the circumstances. There is no secret formula and all trades need to be analyzed on a case-to-case basis.

In cases where there is no substantial news or significant events as to why the coin pumped, i would most likely then sell and realize my gains. Because nothing goes on an uptrend forever. The value will probably go down the next day. I would sell it and probably buy back at a lower price.
Activity: 88

You should take the initial investment portion out and leave the rest go. Further technical analysis would tell you where to stop.

In this way you would never have to worry about loss or stop-loss ( stupid stop-loss ).
Activity: 144
I know there are some apps where the coins I own are about 50% more expensive to report on my cell phone so I'm not worried.
Pages:
Jump to: