Pages:
Author

Topic: If your coin increased 40% - 200% in value over night. What would you do? - page 65. (Read 36210 times)

Activity: 168
Merit: 10
Morelikely i am going to secure my investment first and leave the other half into the market,this way i am not risking any amout or investment and because its already 200% that faith of the coin will be in the hands of the market not ours win or lose we wont have any losse at the end of the day.I have been doing this most of the time and its really effective you should always secure your profits everytime you have the chance because the market has high volatility.
Activity: 462
Merit: 114
Do you continue hodling or sell? A lot of people say to hold no matter what happens and I'm not advocating daytrading but I think in a situation like this, it'd be advantageous to sell.

Thoughts? What would you do?

When my coin grows well in a short time, I partially sell it, because after a rapid growth, as a rule, there should be a correction.
Activity: 490
Bitfresh - iGaming with 90s UI
Most likely I would probably have sold the coins of this project, because it seems to me that I would have had 200% enough to live a month, now I, like many others, have financial difficulties.
Activity: 182
I would love to take profits for sure,because that is very huge if you are a daily trader,you wont have a good opportunity like that everyday.So it is better to secure your gains than wait for it to turn into losses,you would lose anything if you secured your inititial investment as soon as it doubles the value because you arent riskign anything with the another half.
Activity: 202
SIMPLE SHOPPING AND SAFE PAY
Of course im going to secure 100% or the initial investment so that i would secure my investment first,the other half would be hold until a sudden drop has started,so that i wont be losing any amont or risking money whatever the outcome will be i will be sure that i am in a winning side because i got my investment back.
Activity: 966
Merit: 501
PredX - AI-Powered Prediction Market
Well i will watch the market and if the coin continues to grow i would follow the price until reaches the maximum point and the sell the coins , of course not all because you never know when it will be again a sudden rise , and if the price go down ,i will sell the coins and then i will follow the price until it's at the minimum point and buy again and then when tha price go up again and i will sell the coins i will not loose money.
Activity: 616
Merit: 100
In this case it would be more profitable to sell and fix the profit. If the price of a coin has increased by 200% in one day, then as a rule, there follows a slight drop.
Activity: 257
Merit: 11
If i already have 200% gain i would secure my initial investment so that i wont be losing anything ,or whatever happens to the coin i would secure the investment i have then leave the gains into the hands of the market because you will never know if the coin will get more gains so it is better to leave something behind so you wont regret at the end.
Activity: 756
Merit: 1
As a rule, after such a strong growth in a short period of time there will be a correction. Therefore, you need to sell part. If the project has the potential for further growth, then you need to sell no more than 50%. And sell only to buy a coin cheaper. If the coin has no potential, and this is an ordinary pampas, which often happens, then you definitely need to sell all tokens
Activity: 235
ENTRY cryptocurrency
Secure it because you could every potential profits if you are going to wait for more gains,securing it will give you less risk of losing everything when the coin has started to dump.The market is too manipulated that is why it is better to get your profits than to lose everything when your greed attacks this way you wont lose everything.
Activity: 126
Merit: 0
Do you continue hodling or sell? A lot of people say to hold no matter what happens and I'm not advocating daytrading but I think in a situation like this, it'd be advantageous to sell.

I will sell it because the intention of people investing is to make a profit and you need to remember that the crypto movement is unpredictable so if in one day you get a lot of profit immediately sell and sleep soundly.
copper member
Activity: 1162
Merit: 1025

In this case I will definitely sell half of my coins no matter what happens next, if the coins value drops after this pump then I'll buy back the coins I sold and if the coin gains value then I will also sell a small part of the remaining chunk I had left with me. I will also try to understand the cause behind the rise in price of the coin as it can also happen in the future. Also the chunk that I sell will be used for buying into other altcoins as I don't want any of my money from my investments leave the investment column till I reach the desired amount, till then I'll also control my temptations to spend that money too.
Activity: 882
Merit: 112
Your Data Belongs To You

It heavily depends on the coin  and the investment.

if the coin is new , most probably i would continue to hold.
Also if the coin is something behind a quality project,hold.

if the coin would go 400%, i would definitely sell.
Activity: 186
Im sure not all of the people are going to have that good opportunity that is why we need to secure it or else we could lose that good chance of getting profits,taking early gains will give you less risk of losing your money that is why it is strongly recommeded to get your profits before the coin gets dump from the manipulations of these people.
Activity: 148
Of course if i have that 200% already im going to pull out my initial investment and hold the other half of the gains because you will never know what could have happened,it might have another 800% gain or it could fall to its previous price that is why it is better to be sure than sorry,take profits while you still can because the market is unpredictable.
Activity: 196
HEXCASH - Decentralized Fun
Going to take my profits because you wont have anything to lose if you have took your profits too early,its better to have some than nothing. That is how i play the game and so far i aint losing a lot of money when a con dumps its price because surely i get our earlier compare to most of the people who are using their greediness in trades.
legendary
Activity: 3374
Merit: 2198
I stand with Ukraine.

Depends on the coin, but if it's a new one and there's 200% increase, I'd sell it immediately while it's possible. The thing is that most likely such a coin would decrease in value in the following days, and then, if you think this coin has a good future, you can buy it again at lower price.

With established coins it's a different story. First of, it is highly unlikely to see such an increase for coins like ETH, LTC, DASH etc over night. But if that happened I'd sell 30% of the coin.
Activity: 224
Securing your initial investment would be the best thing to do,especially when you have 200% because you will get back what you have risk to the coin.Whatever happens win or lose you still got your profits,the market is very unstable that is why if you have the chance you will need to secure your profits as soon as possible because you could lose your gains if you did wait a little longer.
Activity: 392
Merit: 102
The general consensus is to sell your initial investment so you can allocate it elsewhere.  But every situation is different.  If you're a holder then it's simple... you're probably not watching the price action every minute so not a big deal.  If you're a trader, the question is if it's the best use of capital.  Will your investment continue to grow in the coin or is there better opportunity elsewhere.  If there is then sell and move to another opportunity.
Activity: 182
Im going to secure my initial investment of course because you wont lose anything if you do that,and the rest of that is going to be hold for a while especially when the coin is a worthy investment or it is good of a long term holding,that way whatever happen to the coin itself wont affect your portfolio because you have secured your profits.
Pages:
Jump to: