Pages:
Author

Topic: If your coin increased 40% - 200% in value over night. What would you do? - page 63. (Read 36210 times)

Activity: 364
Merit: 10
No one knows what will happen to the coin tomorrow, so you can sell partially and get quick money, and you can not sell the other part, but leave it in your portfolio to be able to earn even more.
Activity: 350
Merit: 105
It's depend on your strategy and goal, but increased at 200% I will sell it my coins and buy another altcoin which cheaper with highly potential to give me more profit.
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
Do you continue hodling or sell? A lot of people say to hold no matter what happens and I'm not advocating daytrading but I think in a situation like this, it'd be advantageous to sell.

Thoughts? What would you do?

That kind of circumstances only comes ones, it may never happen again, to which i will be very much willing and happy to accommodate. Sell. Sell. Sell. After that awesome moment, i'll await for the prices of the same tokens to go down and buy myself more tokens again. And wait.
Activity: 286
Merit: 11
Yes. It's wise to sell of your coins when they have a unnatural spike in price. For not to miss it, I put some of my coins in sell order at x5 and x10 of buying price. The sell happens when you are even sleeping.
Activity: 393
when my coin increase more than 100% in over night i will sell my coin
then buy more in lower price if i predict the price will jump again
Activity: 238
Do you continue hodling or sell? A lot of people say to hold no matter what happens and I'm not advocating daytrading but I think in a situation like this, it'd be advantageous to sell.

I would really take advantage the chance to sell my coins if that happens because it is not always happen everyday.
Activity: 182

Well for me if that happens, i act quickly and sell my coins because this is the chance i have waiting for to earned good profit.

Same with me since now its difficult to gain such high profit so 40% is more than enough to get in one night.
After that, wait for the price correction again and buy back again in low price and do the same thing.
Jlv
Activity: 336
The Future Of Work

Well for me if that happens, i act quickly and sell my coins because this is the chance i have waiting for to earned good profit.
Activity: 392
Merit: 250
the Cat-a-clysm.
I'd call it a day and sell a good half. Then, if price goes down, I buy back what I sold and keep the difference to re-invest somewhere else. If the price goes up, i sell a good half of what remains, and so on. Sometimes, re-investing can be done in something that lost a lot of value, and that I already bought back everything, but this is rare
Activity: 770
Merit: 500
That is a huge price increase overnight.  I would sell some but not all.  Sell the tokens in increments because it's very difficult to nail the top price and you don't want to miss out on any additional profits. 
Activity: 476
Merit: 101
That was a good profit, even less than 40% of profit are still a profit. If you were a day traders you definitely sell your coin at that time.

However, if you do believed that value of your coin/token can raise more than that, you are going to HODL and sell at your desire value.
legendary
Activity: 1023
Merit: 1001
Tokenize Fantasy Sports
What was your intention when you bought it? Did you think you will hold it long time? What did it change? Is it going to affect it long-term or it is pump and dump?
This are the questions you have to answer before decide to sell or hold.
Activity: 747
Merit: 101

Really depends how much it dropped before that 40-200% growth ahaha, if you are true believer in that coin, just hodl and no worries..
you hodl and believe coz you looking for high price to sell, right? why not sell
rise 50% then sell half for buy at another dip
Activity: 756
Merit: 259

Really depends how much it dropped before that 40-200% growth ahaha, if you are true believer in that coin, just hodl and no worries..
Activity: 798
Merit: 250
homt.net
If I had that opportunity of 40%-200% I will utilized it graciously by selling some part of my portfolio in profit. For they say opportunity comes but ones. In the world of crypto such opportunity is very rare. Thanks
Activity: 902
Merit: 112
If i'm a trader then i will sell it then i will buy the dip always. It's normal that people will pump and dump. Fast hand always win while weak hands will sold their token if it gets negative or having a hard time to hodl it they get panic in short.
Activity: 182
Surely going to take the opportunity because not everyday we will have that huge gain,if the coin doesnt have any fundamentals it is morelikely a PND coin and you should get out fast or else you could lose a good opportunity and that 200% gain would be 50% losses or worst but if the coin you are holding has good fundamentals you should hold it because surely if that funda is strong you will have more gain.
Activity: 252
Merit: 13
Never risk your investments too much,always take profits whenever you have a chance to avoid further losses,it will be much different because the markt has high volatililty your 200% gains might turned into -50% losses when you dont act fast,PND coins is normally going to be pumped just like that and then all of a sudden these people are going to dump its price so you need to be fast.
Activity: 252
Merit: 13
Sell of course! People who do not care what happens to the markets lie and try to calm themselves. When you got a good profit, you should fix it. There is a rule that there is no endless growth!
Activity: 238
IT always depend on the coin and on the project behind. If theres a airdrop shitcoin without any value, i would immediately sell them and please me. If it will be another coin which i buyed with my own money, its an othter story. It would depend when i buyed the coin, how much did he raised before and what for future potential he has. So when i buyed the coin on the ico and it get the double ico price, and im sure there more potential for the coin, i would not sell them. If theres another coin which i buyed late and the hast already raised 1000% before, i would sell him.
Pages:
Jump to: