Pages:
Author

Topic: If your coin increased 40% - 200% in value over night. What would you do? - page 8. (Read 36210 times)

Activity: 336
Merit: 2
Do you continue hodling or sell? A lot of people say to hold no matter what happens and I'm not advocating daytrading but I think in a situation like this, it'd be advantageous to sell.

Thoughts? What would you do?
The solution still depends on what it is for the coin, if I get% of that hold on the wallet I would sell only received from hold%, if the coin is not particularly useful that would sell everything. That's what I would have done.
Activity: 1120
Merit: 502
Sell if trashcoin, hold if strongcoin.

Of course, as with all trade decisions you should set your limit orders, otherwise you will get rekt eventually.

I don't think I've ever seen a top 10 coin do 200% overnight, the fact that this is even possible would indicate to me that it is a trash coin needing dumping.
Activity: 518
Merit: 10
In this market, of course, it is a rarity , I would sell first and would re-buy a little lower , and would keep on, because it could mean that it is a bullish trend
Activity: 176
The World’s First Blockchain Core
40 or 200 percentage pump is good for making profits. but the most important part is when i bought my coins ? . that 40 or 200 percentage will really cause earning money. or i will only cover my losess.
if that 20 or 200 percentage is purely profit for me. yes i sell immediately.
Activity: 38
Merit: 2
I would sell part of the investment at the peak of the rate, because this opportunity may not be very long. The whole point of preserving cryptocurrencies ultimately comes down to profit. Therefore, it is necessary to use such opportunities.This is the most reasonable solution if you want to make a profit
keep calm
Activity: 392
Merit: 105
Do you continue hodling or sell? A lot of people say to hold no matter what happens and I'm not advocating daytrading but I think in a situation like this, it'd be advantageous to sell.

Without a doubt, in most of these cases I have chosen to sell the cryptos that experience such a price increase, unless, despite the pump, the price remains below the original buy price, so I would continue to hold such crypto until reaching at least the buy price that allows me to recover the losses.

For the rest, I usually invest in very few cryptocurrencies, because I use them mainly as alternative means to current fiat money, and not only as instruments of speculative investment, for which I have often decided to continue holding my coins even though many of them have reached a value higher than 300% of their original price.
Activity: 518
Merit: 100
In this kind of market  which is the bear season, If I had a coin that increases more than 50%, I would sold it and buy back when it goes down to accumulate more and have a bigger position on that coin.
Activity: 490
Merit: 14
I can't wait for a long time, but I am learning to do that. In this described situation i would sell at least half of my funds to keep profit. 100-200% overnight is a perfect profit to fix.
Activity: 406
in a condition of falling prices I will only hold until the price returns to the green zone, but there is also one method I apply to avoid big losses by buying again with the price down and waiting until the price rises with the number of coins that have multiplied and at least my authorized capital is not forfeited by withholding.
Activity: 216
Sell and take profit immediately. It is strictly forbidden to wait some more. If it really happen than we need to take it as a prize or bonus. If we fail to apply or fail to catches the chance than we lose it forever. It is like a dream. And a funny dream sure. Very little chance for comes true. Only we can imagine at the moment. Because no big investor can invest as much that it pump the market as hard as it make such high jump. Every coins related people now think twice before invest I think.   
Activity: 44
Merit: 0
I have experienced such a thing, but I chose to continue to wait, but the back began to fall, and later I found that the value of the coin I held was increased by 40% - when it exceeds 200%, I will sell a part first, then according to the market. The situation is making a decision
Activity: 20
If my coin increases by 40% I will take profit and invest in another potential coin. It's fomo and that will not last long. In this market you should not be too greedy and happy with your decision.
Activity: 672
Merit: 252
Until the end

Sell a portion of your investment.  Then reinvest that into something else.  Considering that traditional investments will get you 3-10% on an annual basis, earning 200% overnight is incredible.
Activity: 126
Merit: 1

40% - 200% over night is a lot of profit.  I will definitely sell it and won't regret even if the price continue to increase.
Activity: 490

If that happens, then I will continue to monitor prices and will not turn away from it, so if suddenly prices gradually decrease, then I will decide to sell before the price drops even greater.
but if the price continues to increase then I will hold it back. so what I need to do is not let go of my view of price development.
Activity: 553
Merit: 11
From the decline that has been going on for quite a long time, the increase is the single biggest hope we desire. The percentage increase has been quite large, I think the price of the coin has improved too. Of the few coins I have, there will be some of them that I sell that reach the highest increase. I will still hold the rest for backup.
Activity: 126
Merit: 1
If my coin increased and made such a huge percentage gain, I will definitely sell it off and wait to buy it back at a dip price, coins make such increase over night when there is a good news about the coin, or there is a pump, so I will sell off.
Activity: 350
Merit: 109
I have 2 options first is I will sell 40 % of my coins ar that increase. Rest I will hold.
Another is I will sell all and buy again when price get down. Here we need to consider other things as well .
Activity: 28
If time can be returned, I will sell my coin at that time. But what happened now is different. All the coins I have are below the purchase price, so I have no choice but to hold back.
Activity: 434
Merit: 101
I also prefer to keep coins for a long time, but if the coin gives such growth, then it should certainly be sold, I do not see the point of keeping it even longer, it's better to sell and wait until the price drops and buy back
Pages:
Jump to: