Pages:
Author

Topic: I'm dumping Nxt and here's why you should too - page 14. (Read 21266 times)

NWO
Activity: 392
Merit: 250
Please everyone stay away from NXT.

you have 70% or more of the coins owned by a few individuals, meaning 700 million of the billion coins. They will dump at any price increase.

Please Edward50 then stay away from Bitcoin, Litecoin, Peercoin etc. They have a similar situation.

I would suggest staying away from any form of money, because:

Sorry I must have missed that time in history when all of Americas wealth was distributed amongst a handful of lucky donors and the rest of America had to buy their way in for a 10000% premium. Usually people work for money being USD (jobs, inheretence etc), BTC (mining), etc.

Idiot.
Activity: 854
Merit: 1001
You guys are going to so much effort to shoot NXT down that it's almost impossible not to conclude that you have a hidden agenda.

Are u simply aesthetically outraged by the sight of a messy Java clent being patched up on the fly?

Or are you simply trolling for the FUD of it?

I checked out NXT (and a big pile of other alt-coins) before I invested.
My conclusion is that NXT is a promising crypto with a very motivated community and a lot of potentially game changing features.
Sure, its got problems, distribution sucks for one. I should get much more.....
But I do not think NXT is a deliberate scam.

There are a lot of truly obvious scam coins on the market, why single out NXT for all this attention?

Because if you read the thread instead of going straight to 'reply' you would have a grasp on why people do not like Nxt. I'm not going to spoon feed you AGAIN (it has been mentioned multiple times by many users) why Nxt is a bad investment. Do what you like with your BTC and keep thinking people have hidden agendas instead of actually trying to warn the community.

I've got no problem with acknowledging that NXT is a long way from perfect. It might work out brilliantly, or it may crash and burn.
Almost all of your objections to NXT could have been applied to BItcoin 5 years ago.

But I dont see you putting quite so much effort into warning the community about other coins that may have problems. Visacoin, for example?
NWO

you have 70% or more of the coins owned by a few individuals, meaning 700 million of the billion coins. They will dump at any price increase.

Please Edward50 then stay away from Bitcoin, Litecoin, Peercoin etc. They have a similar situation.

Did you read the thread? No. There are significant flaws to Nxt including how it was poorly distributed, manipulated, bad code, etc etc

I invite you to read this thread. A lot of interesting facts that you will find along the way.
Activity: 98
Merit: 10

I would suggest staying away from any form of money, because:

legendary
Activity: 1225
Merit: 1000

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1125

If NXT code is a mess, Bitcoin source code is a giant mess (must see).

the genius doesn't lie in the code base, but in the algorithms and that the code is crap. I agree with that assessment. ... I've been thinking about refactoring the code myself. Everybody is afraid of breaking it since it appears to work, and that is reasonable to an extent, but on the other hand this code base is utterly unsuitable for serious work.

In comparison, look how fast the NXT code is improving :
Nxt Software Change Log

It won't take long before NXT code overcome Bitcoin code.

Talk about fair distribution ?

Bitcoin distribution Dec 2013

#People#Bitcoins#TotalBitcoins
47BTC10k+3.5M
350kBTC0.1-10.1M
350kBTC0.01-0.10.0M
210kBTC0.001-0.010.0M

Total: 11.6M bitcoins (0.5M bitcoins assumed lost)

It doesn't seems to bother anyone with Bitcoin, why do you bitch about NXT ?
Well, everyone knows now : selfish manipulation.

NWO
You guys are going to so much effort to shoot NXT down that it's almost impossible not to conclude that you have a hidden agenda.

Are u simply aesthetically outraged by the sight of a messy Java clent being patched up on the fly?

My conclusion is that NXT is a promising crypto with a very motivated community and a lot of potentially game changing features.

There are a lot of truly obvious scam coins on the market, why single out NXT for all this attention?

Because if you read the thread instead of going straight to 'reply' you would have a grasp on why people do not like Nxt. I'm not going to spoon feed you AGAIN (it has been mentioned multiple times by many users) why Nxt is a bad investment. Do what you like with your BTC and keep thinking people have hidden agendas instead of actually trying to warn the community.
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1124
Invest in your knowledge
You are right, Nxt is worthless.

Shower me in your trash
Activity: 13
Merit: 0
If anyone is dumping all there nxt I am open for donations

Thanks
Activity: 854
Merit: 1001

Activity: 406
I was tempted to buy in at the $.05 price point, but decided against it.  I think I'll wait this one out.

While I do agree 'early adopters' are the ones that profit the most on any crypto...the fact that all coins were distributed off the bat with this coin and required no work (be it mining, spending money on hardware/etc) and simply from a btc donation makes me devalue it more in comparison to a non POS coin.  Now there were actual developers who did pitch in time to create the coin for their stake, but it is my understanding that a great majority of them simply just gave a miniscule btc donation to acquire their multi-million nxt stake.

I'd be interested to see how much of the stake those original nxt contributors still hold.  But I can't help but to shake the 'Hunts brothers' or 'jp morgan' image when evaluating this coin.

Plus the concept of 'those holding the biggest stakes reap the biggest rewards' from the client mining side doesn't sit well with me.  Seems just about on-par with the classism ideology and everything against what cryptos were meant to be: by the people, for the people.   Seems like this coin is more just 'rich keep getting richer, and poor stay poor.'  No real middle class here. 

It especially doesn't help when I see one of these original stakeholders trying to flip 4 million shares in the marketplace forum 'ironically' right before the recent crash.  Unfortunately for him, very few bought in, and he still has over 3.9 mill he's trying to dump.

In any event, I'm still interested in NXT, but I will give it some time to see how things shake out.  Right now it's still a big gamble with the numerous reported client bugs, dgex legitimacy, and stakeholder distribution.
NWO
People still talking about buying cheap coins, still thinking you can profit at even .000039.

Imagine if you had just listened. This is a sinking ship. I might scoop a few mil at 0.000000000000000000002

I took one look at the source code and realized that is was a complete joke.

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
Meanwhile the price bounced back to 0.000054 and I didn't loose a single NXT because of that "joke" code.  Grin
can't profit at 0.000039 my ass

Prices are being manipulated to high hell on dgex right now...be careful.

Even SCAM thinks it is a scam  Cheesy

People who don't understand what is going on over at dgex should literally leave crypto. Like I said, go get a 9-5, this is painful to watch.
NWO
Supposedly cryptsy won't add NXT because the NXT coin doesn't work with their client.

I knew the price would tank when I woke up, yesterday nobody was buying at .000055.

Wasn't that surprised to see it at .000039.

People still talking about buying cheap coins, still thinking you can profit at even .000039.

Just wait a few more days and it will continue its drop even lower.

There are much better investments, and Emunie is not pegged at a certain price. Nothing has been decided yet. Supposedly people think that if the price rises then new coins will be sold but a portion of those go to everyone who owns coins.

Anyone buying NXT is crazy when there are much better alternatives. Code is supposedly a mess also. Uneven distribution has tainted this cone badly and for good reason as we have seen.

Yeah cryptsy won't take it and dgex is a joke. It is laughable watching people defend this coin to the last bit. I can't wait until that 170 MILLION Nxt account poo's his load all over the brainless 'traders' who thinks he deserves to be a multimillionaire from 6 lines of code (assuming the largest account is the dev). If you are investing in Nxt, you might as well give up on crypto trading. Go get a 9-5.

I'll be investing in true innovative systems like Ripple and eMunie.

Ugh, people like you makes it hard to support the right to give birth...

First off: if you were truly selling off all your NXT then you wouldn't be screaming it at the top of your lungs here.
Secondly: give us proof that you have 50K nxt. Hand over your adress so I can check it in the blockchain
Thirdly: The *only* drawback of NXT is the distribution. It would indeed have been 10x better if 1000 people had got 1 million each, of course, but that's not how this stuff works. 70~ people invested, they got lucky.
This is no different from Bitcoin, Litecoin, Peercoin etc. yet these coins are doing very very well.
And it's not like it was unfair, EVERYONE had the chance to buy in early, don't be mad at NXT because you didn't. The stakeholders should definitely step up and start pledging away NXT if they want NXT to have a guaranteed future.

However even if they don't, NXT is still better than Bitcoin, Litecoin and Peercoin. And you called Ripple a "TRUE INNOVATION" compared to NXT, so your opinion is actually worth less than Dogecoin

Gezz so many ways to tear you apart it isn't funny. Didn't you read what happened to the others who thought they were brilliant investors? You're right, your parents shouldn't have given birth to you, what an idiot.

1. Why wouldn't I? Who do you think you are? If you read the OP, it was clearly advising people to get out of Nxt for a number of reasons. Go read, I can't be bothered giving you anymore time than I have to.
2. 6635869272840226493 (plus I have more to dump on my Ripple account).
3. Wrong. Go read the OP and other contributions. As in they got lucky because the funding round ended prematurely without notice? And they were giving 50,000,000 coins (yes 50 MILLION) to those who contributed 1 BTC in October, so like $100.

So now your saying that BTC, LTC, PPC was distributed to a few people by Satoshi, Coblee and SunnyKing? Is everyone else getting this? LOL. No my friend, those coins use mining. Yes there were early miners but at least it was a fair system from the beginning. Everyone had a fair chance and amount of TIME to get on board. They also use SHA256 and scrypt - WOWWWW! Not Java. Is your puny mind blown?

Once again, no they didn't. The initial funding was closed without notice. And judging from your laymen reply so far, I guess you don't understand Ripple either? What 35+ EMPLOYEES have been working on for over a year with two rounds of multi-million dollar funding. But you don't really understand that because you think your coin with 5 lines of code written over a weekend, wins out again all other crypto. Keep eating that shit up! There is a billion to be dumped! OM NOM NOM NOM.

legendary
Activity: 1225
Look if you use a 64 bit java long to represent addresses rather than the standard bitcoin 160 bit token, then you are just begging to be cracked.

If an account reveals its public ID (has at least one outgoing transaction), all 256 bits are used.
legendary
Activity: 868
Cryptotalk.org - Get paid for every post!
Code is supposedly a mess....

Is it or isn't it?

From what I have read, it is pretty brilliant and I see a lot of fingers being pointed but no one presenting anything better.

I call that creating FUD.

I say put up or shut up to the naysayers.

Look if you use a 64 bit java long to represent addresses rather than the standard bitcoin 160 bit token, then you are just begging to be cracked.
Activity: 74
Merit: 10
Code is supposedly a mess....

Is it or isn't it?

From what I have read, it is pretty brilliant and I see a lot of fingers being pointed but no one presenting anything better.

I call that creating FUD.

I say put up or shut up to the naysayers.
Activity: 28
Merit: 0

Imagine if you had just listened. This is a sinking ship. I might scoop a few mil at 0.000000000000000000002

I took one look at the source code and realized that is was a complete joke.

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
Meanwhile the price bounced back to 0.000054 and I didn't loose a single NXT because of that "joke" code.  Grin
can't profit at 0.000039 my ass

Prices are being manipulated to high hell on dgex right now...be careful.
legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1125
It doesn't make sense to publicly warn us unless you are trying to buy in cheap.

It is damn obvious. It makes no sense to spend all day all night spreading FUD unless you plan to invest big.
The amount of trolling is proportional to your dedication to the coin.
Everyone here support NXT in his way. Some are just selfish.
Pages:
Jump to: