Pages:
Author

Topic: I'm dumping Nxt and here's why you should too - page 10. (Read 21266 times)

Activity: 462
Merit: 250
I would never and will never buy NXT. It goes against everything crypto stands for.
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1026

The ignorance is brave in you.  Roll Eyes
I like that.  That is cool.

Look, NXT's big theory is that it saves energy.  Other than that, it isn't much.  Don't believe me, look at their third point on nxt.org.

Point 1 'forging' - more about energy saving via no mining.  

Point 2 'secure and fast' - bitcoin isn't too insecure and so far the fast part isn't killing the system.  Changes to come will fix that.

Point 3 is just plain dump - more about 'forging'.

Technical brilliance?  I don't think so.  China wastes more energy in a single day at a steel factory melting metal than bitcoin uses in three months.  Energy isn't really the problem.

NXT adds nothing in the way of security.  'eliminates 51% attack'.  Ha!   Bitcoin doesn't actually have a real 51% attack problem.  That is just a fun thing to talk about.  Why solve problems which don't exist?  NXT is a waste of time/effort.  It brings nothing new of value.  It will never displace bitcoin.  It is exactly like Beta vs. VHS - even if you successfully argue that it is technically better, it is so marginal that it won't convince even one person to switch.  The infrastructure around bitcoin is set.  It won't switch over to NXT ever.  NXT is dead.

Move on.

Your forum has many interesting discussions about 'technical advantage'.  This is a great place to argue forever.  But just like Betamax - nobody fucking cares and those technical advantages are so insignificant that they will never motivate people to move over.

Next.

legendary
This is an interesting and possibly right point of view, but in order to correctly contextualise it, could you explain why your signature reads "Bitcoin will die soon."?

its just a signature.  It doesn't mean much.  It is not an argument nor a thesis.
Activity: 630
Merit: 500
Bitgoblin
This looks a lot like the NEO+BEE poor mockup they used in their laughable IPO

...and you see how far it got Neo and Bee.  

Look, this is all glossy fluffy stuff.  It doesn't suggest anything about the attributes of the underlying system.  An awesome looking brochure won't help NXT.  

The reason they are taking this course is because it worked for them before.  When they launched, they got loads of attention because of their 'professional look'.  However, most people here can't decipher the details of a technology - so they buy the fluff.  

Look at Mastercoin which takes the opposite course.  No fluff.  No gloss.  No cute memes.  Mastercoiners won't even talk to you.  Practically no forum.  They are all too busy writing good code.  Who has time for marketing bullshit?  Not Mastercoin.  That is for pump and dump programs.  NXT is all about pretty ink like those pictures above.  It is all part of the 'pump'.  Here comes the 'dump'!!  Nothing says 'pump and dump' more than those images above.

What about the underlying technology?  Don't ask about that.  
This is an interesting and possibly right point of view, but in order to correctly contextualise it, could you explain why your signature reads "Bitcoin will die soon."?
legendary
Activity: 952
Merit: 1000
Yeah! I hate ShroomsKit!
L.O.L.  at Rawdog. What are you talking about? Did you check https://nxtforum.org/ ? You would feel really ashamed of these words if you check the technical discussion section.

The ignorance is brave in you.  Roll Eyes
legendary

This looks a lot like the NEO+BEE poor mockup they used in their laughable IPO

...and you see how far it got Neo and Bee.  

Look, this is all glossy fluffy stuff.  It doesn't suggest anything about the attributes of the underlying system.  An awesome looking brochure won't help NXT.  

The reason they are taking this course is because it worked for them before.  When they launched, they got loads of attention because of their 'professional look'.  However, most people here can't decipher the details of a technology - so they buy the fluff.  

Look at Mastercoin which takes the opposite course.  No fluff.  No gloss.  No cute memes.  Mastercoiners won't even talk to you.  Practically no forum.  They are all too busy writing good code.  Who has time for marketing bullshit?  Not Mastercoin.  That is for pump and dump programs.  NXT is all about pretty ink like those pictures above.  It is all part of the 'pump'.  Here comes the 'dump'!!  Nothing says 'pump and dump' more than those images above.

What about the underlying technology?  Don't ask about that.  
Activity: 630
Bitgoblin
People who are in doubt about Nxt (shouldn't know why), look at a proposal for new design for Nxt.  Smiley

More info: https://nxtforum.org/index.php?topic=115.msg8175#msg8175
This looks a lot like the NEO+BEE poor mockup they used in their laughable IPO, so I suspect it's somehow a "mockup generator", were you just input your logo and select a few variables.
Activity: 448
black swan hunter
These renderings are very attractive. Anyone know what program was used to create them? I've used e-book cover programs, but this one has a very extensive product line.
Activity: 117
Merit: 10
NXT is spread like every other coin, including BTC.
But the difference is NXT has some big innovations.
You can´t talk NXT down. You are trying but you will not succeed
legendary
We all know NXT is dead because of it's retarded distrubution. It got the award for worst distribution ever. NXT is gone, obselete..like primecoin.

Ain't nobody got time for Next.
Activity: 504
eidoo wallet
legendary
Today, after I calculated that 700.000.000 NXT is holding by top 60 accounts I've sold all my NXT... It is impossible that this coin is worth $50.000.000 capitalization. The idea is great, but it doesn't mean that is worth so much money.

Do not forget. There are also exchange accounts and accounts for donations and so on

Why is NXT crashing so hard now?  Did these sellers really foresee the end of NXT?
Activity: 87
Merit: 10
Today, after I calculated that 700.000.000 NXT is holding by top 60 accounts I've sold all my NXT... It is impossible that this coin is worth $50.000.000 capitalization. The idea is great, but it doesn't mean that is worth so much money.

Do not forget. There are also exchange accounts and accounts for donations and so on
Activity: 476

And the Top 500 Bitcoin accounts(out of 1M Bitcoin accounts) hold 1/3 of all currently produced Bitcoin. Not much different.
http://bitcoinrichlist.com/top500

If every crypto had a way to track the top accounts compared to the rest, nobody would be complaining.
Activity: 448
black swan hunter
Actually, 74 people were interested in NXT during the pre-sale, but the 74th was not allowed to invest and had the door slammed in his face while waiting to hear back from the founder for clarification on the deadline. About a week after the pre-sale was abruptly terminated with no advance warning and while someone was interested in participating, NXT was being sold at blablabla...

Too late is too late that's it.
Whatever if one guy wanted to buy at the last minute.
This happened to XCP (counterpartyprotocol), one sender was just-on-time and two others where too late and lost their Bitcoins.
One of the guy lost 1 full BTC and will never get it back, it has been burned (=lost).

The guy that wanted to buy Nxt at the last minutes did not lose any Bitcoin. Instead, he and all the haters had the opportunity to buy Nxt just after on the exchange for a price 8 to 80 times cheaper than now.

I know the problem here and it is not a problem about Nxt.

I am going to be hard but if this few lines wake you up and change the course of your life, it is worst listening...
A loser is a loser. No matter hard he try, a loser keeps failing and never face the reasons why he fails. It is always the fault of the others he says.
If you didn't invest in Nxt is it not about IPO or price or anything. Stop trying to find excuses. It is because you are acting like a loser.
Now get over it and live in the present moment. Stop crying and move on. Stop being a loser

I've moved on, but I will not allow the statement that everyone who wanted to invest in NXT was allowed to to go unchallenged. No problem with XCP, it had a clearly defined set of rules for the pre-sale and followed through with them. Same with Mastercoin. NXT was different in that it's pre-sale was arbitrarily handled by the founder with no set deadline or cap on investment, and abruptly terminated without advance notice while someone was interested in investing and asking when the deadline was. Claims that everyone who wanted to invest in NXT was allowed to are not true.
Activity: 26
Merit: 0
legendary
Activity: 1225
Merit: 1000
NWO
Activity: 392
Actually, 74 people were interested in NXT during the pre-sale, but the 74th was not allowed to invest and had the door slammed in his face while waiting to hear back from the founder for clarification on the deadline. About a week after the pre-sale was abruptly terminated with no advance warning and while someone was interested in participating, NXT was being sold at blablabla...

This happened to XCP (counterpartyprotocol), one sender was just-on-time and two others where too late and lost their Bitcoins.
One of the guy lost 1 full BTC and will never get it back, it has been burned (=lost).

The guy that wanted to buy Nxt at the last minutes did not lose any Bitcoin. Instead, he and all the haters had the opportunity to buy Nxt just after on the exchange for a price 8 to 80 times cheaper than now.

I am going to be hard but if this few lines wake you up and change the course of your life, it is worst listening...

A loser is a loser. No matter hard he try, a loser keeps failing and never face the reasons why he fails. It is always the fault of the others he says.
If you didn't invest in Nxt is it not about IPO or price or anything. Stop trying to find excuses. It is because you are acting like a loser.
Now get over it and live in the present moment. Stop crying and move on. Stop being a loser

You're the one who keeps bumping this thread. Get over it, your coin is dying*. Nxt is old news. There are so many more promising coins in development (XCP, ETH, XRP, EXO, Zero coin) than some java garbage. Oh wow, websites use java - revelation! Java works great for websites. Not financial instruments. It is nothing but a poorly designed cash grab where the unfair (short lived) IPO made the initial investors wealthy from suckers buying in.  

*Even the dgex owner knows it. He is scurrying to sell 'shares' so he can squeeze every last cent out of Nxt supporters before it's inevitable demise. He had a good run. Those early adopters banked, I'll give them that.  
legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1125

Pages:
Jump to: