Pages:
Author

Topic: I'm starting to get fucking pissed (BFL) - page 7. (Read 13669 times)

Activity: 526
Merit: 500
The guys telling you to sell your pre-order to a greater fool are even worse scum than BFL. And so will you be.  Do you really want to become a scammer too?   Put down the Ayn Rand and have some decency guys.

My advice is to get your refund, use the $ to buy btc and hold (or just hold if you paid in btc).

As the hashrate rises it'll become impossible to make your btc back (& no, it's not a "profit" if you lose in btc terms but gain in $ terms)
Activity: 1484
Across The Universe
There won't be a Batch 4 according to this post:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.2201060

The relevant line:
I talked with Yifu at Bitcoin 2013 and Avalon is not going to be build any more machines, they are just going to be a chip supplier.

nope they sell the chips directly its easier Cheesy
Activity: 490
Merit: 255
There won't be a Batch 4 according to this post:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.2201060

The relevant line:
I talked with Yifu at Bitcoin 2013 and Avalon is not going to be build any more machines, they are just going to be a chip supplier.

legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067
Christian Antkow
I would make that bet, except there is no way to order a Batch 4 device yet Sad I will likely be one of the first in line should that happen.

Avalon has upgraded their production line and is back to shipping units. I bet an order placed right now with them would result in a unit (that meets specifications) actually arriving before any BFL order.

This is what getting a bitcoin ASIC device looks like, in case anyone has forgotten Wink
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwzHfr-qaFo
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000
Avalon has upgraded their production line and is back to shipping units. I bet an order placed right now with them would result in a unit (that meets specifications) actually arriving before any BFL order.

This is what getting a bitcoin ASIC device looks like, in case anyone has forgotten Wink
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwzHfr-qaFo
Activity: 172
Merit: 100
What BFL should do is return the current price of the miners (ie 2x cost) for seizing the money for 10 months but like that will ever happen  Cheesy

the 25%/10% off a future order was initially a slap in the face, now even more so since prices doubled and specs were reduced on future orders (that will likely never ROI).  if i get a shitty meal at a restaurant and even shittier service, the last thing i want is to be forced to give them more money while suffering through their experience a second time for a smaller meal that costs twice as much in order to claim my half assed "apology".

i was thinking that receiving double the ordered hash rate and free expedited shipping upgrade would be fair for the early orders, maybe with that "extra" equipment put at the end of the current preorder queue.  your idea sounds pretty fair to me too.  too bad bfl won't think so  Cry
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
My advice: get a refund and don't look back.

There's a much more profitable option.

1. Wait while they ship a couple more dev/prototype units.
2. Sell your preorder on the forums.
Activity: 798
www.DonateMedia.org
Having placed a very early preorder I can say that as it currently stands there's pretty much no reason to ask for a return if you're one of those June/July orders.  It's almost like bettering on #24 on a roulette wheel - low chance in hell but decent payoff if you do get it.  What's $1300 for a Single now anyways - 11 BTC.  I paid over 200 BTC for mine, at this point getting back 11 BTC would be like an escrow tip  Roll Eyes

Now for anybody who has later orders you must either have faith in the company or not want to deal with the other ASIC vendors.

For the OP who has less on the line it doesn't make sense to ask for a refund unless he absolutely needs the $.  What BFL should do is return the current price of the miners (ie 2x cost) for seizing the money for 10 months but like that will ever happen  Cheesy

Defend their bullshit all you want, Bitcoin is a community call and they are pissing all over it. Josh is an asshole, which I don't think I need to elaborate on, the video of him says it all.

Why support a business built by scammers, jerks, and liars. Others deserve your coin a lot more by simply being transparent and delivering on their promises.

Their crap reputation and open rebellion is on them, not us.
Activity: 873
Merit: 1007
Having placed a very early preorder I can say that as it currently stands there's pretty much no reason to ask for a return if you're one of those June/July orders.  It's almost like bettering on #24 on a roulette wheel - low chance in hell but decent payoff if you do get it.  What's $1300 for a Single now anyways - 11 BTC.  I paid over 200 BTC for mine, at this point getting back 11 BTC would be like an escrow tip  Roll Eyes

Now for anybody who has later orders you must either have faith in the company or not want to deal with the other ASIC vendors.

For the OP who has less on the line it doesn't make sense to ask for a refund unless he absolutely needs the $.  What BFL should do is return the current price of the miners (ie 2x cost) for seizing the money for 10 months but like that will ever happen  Cheesy
Activity: 798
www.DonateMedia.org
My advice: get a refund and don't look back.

There are other companies that deserve your support over these scumbags. BFL is run by amateurs that don't give a rats ass about the community, they are just in it for the money.

Vote with your wallet, request a refund, and give it to Avalon or ASICMiner as the only two that have actually done what they promised, or look into the other DIY projects in the works to use Avalon chips.

BFL is a pathetic business and a mockery of this new industry, it should not be stood for and defended.

The mutiny is spreading
Activity: 280
Just trying to spread the information about BFL's problems so newbs wouldn't waste their money in high risk companies like BFL.

Even GPUs are lower risk than BFL at the moment, there is Litecoin and many new coins where you can make extra quick ROI if you get lucky. I personally got lucky like 5 times in a row so my ROI on GPUs was just a couple of weeks per purchased batch.

I'm feeling good about not jumping in to this pre-order BFL gamble. Avalon batch 1 and 2 are something I would now be ordering if I could go back in time.
Activity: 1162
And also, to all of the "I told you so" people with sigs saying BFL is a scam, I don't care what you say. You guys just started posting as the delays began and act like you predicted all of this months into the future. You guys aren't helping the cause at all, ...

Many of the (so called) "Clowns against BFL" crew realized pretty quickly that there's no way that BFL can keep their promises. They informed people about BFLs shabby business business methods (blatant lies, stringing customers along and along, advertising units that don't (and probably will never) exist) as "Order now", etc.).

This did happen as early as mid of last year.

Given BFLs track record of failures, you didn't have to be a genius to predict all of this:
- no way to reach 1GHash/s per Watt
- no way to ship in October 2012
- no way to ship 400 units a day

But people fell for this. And still do (you can still postings on here like "Should I order a 5GH unit from BFL?")

The "Clowns against BFL" sort of counterbalanced all the BFL Google Ads and Ads on this forum here.

So imho your statement ("You guys aren't helping the cause at all") is not true.
Activity: 327
In the same boat here, and emailing BFL nicely resulted in a useless "We don't know when we will be shipping." response over a week later. Either take the refund and try and go the DIY route or wait "two more weeks" til eternity. Going after them legally will only make it harder for them to ship their orders if they even have the necessary funds to do so as is. Although the longer this BS goes on, more people will ask for refunds, especially if the DIYers can get Avalon chips on boards by July.
legendary
Activity: 1890
Merit: 1003
I asked for refund 4 days ago and nothing has happened yet. Not even an email reply.

How long does it usually take?
Sometimes a half a month according to dave. (if you are asking about a reply)
Some folks have waited up to 2 months. (If you live overseas)
legendary
Activity: 1190
Hardware is hard, remember this is custom hardware, it isn't like plans sit on the self and you can just modify those.

It is only hard if you have never done it before. Otherwise it is just like building and shipping any other physical product.

It's hard if your only business experience is running an international mail order scam for six years.

Absolutely.
legendary
Activity: 1610
Crackpot Idealist
Sell your preorder to a greater fool.

this is what i would do too!

In fact, i just might!
Activity: 924
Hardware is hard, remember this is custom hardware, it isn't like plans sit on the self and you can just modify those.

It is only hard if you have never done it before. Otherwise it is just like building and shipping any other physical product.

It's hard if your only business experience is running an international mail order scam for six years.
Activity: 532

Cool. So when will you be shipping your line of ASIC hardware?

bro if they cant do it why did you make it in first place and there many ASIC company shipped there product . 

What, two?
Activity: 644

In two weeks (tm)
legendary
Activity: 1015

bro if they cant do it why did you make it in first place and there many ASIC company shipped there product . 
Pages:
Jump to: