Pages:
Author

Topic: [In Stock] Batch 8! Gridseed miners in Stock in Los Angeles. [$225] - page 3. (Read 54879 times)

legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001
I got my GS blade running on CGminer,it has the hashrate incorrect,BUT in my multipool account its correct,all that matters to me is that the pool see's it  Cheesy

It was abit finicky about starting both blades,had to keep dropping the MHz from 850 (little seeds like that speed) down to 750 which now works great!!  Wink Found that out after several hours of R & D  Grin

BTW,don't forget,broken blades can be bought on ebay for cheap.....then buy one from you & claim DOA,rinse repeat,refund.....you got working blades.Not saying this is what happened,BUT could be a scenario.

AFAIK the ID # for any GS product is seen only via the mining software,so you got to test & write the ID's down before shipping & check when/if returned.

Good luck!!  Wink
legendary
Activity: 4172
Merit: 8075
'The right to privacy matters'
To all mike sent me a code for my points and I purchased a sixth blade today.

here is the order.

Activity: 334
Merit: 250
Well an opinion on the 3 doa blades gets a free blade request.

I would be very cautious going that route.

I have sold electronic gear on ebay for a decade.  here is my ebay record.

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=philipma1957

It is really good record.  I estimate 10 percent of my buyers have tried to pull a fast one.  I was able to satisfy every one of them. One way or another.  

Frankly I would not have done 3 rma's unless you know the gear fails a lot. Based on reports of the gridseed blades working or failing, that fail rate of 3 doa blades in a row is too high.

But in all the years I have sold gear I had 1 terrible item  the worlds first 7200rpm 500gh laptop hdd.

First made by seagate in 2008  my failed hdd rate was 8 of 14 hdds.

The seagate forum had a 16 page thread of fu ,fu, fu, fu this drive sucks.  My losses on this item were higher then any item I ever sold.  

Based on blade price now I would send him a blade for  350- 400 dollars.  Which is a good discount.

If he said no to that I would send him three 5 chip  gridseeds for free  if he said no to that I would not have much else to offer to you to fix the issue.

Remember  even though he sent 3 blades back to you unless you carefully checked all your serial numbers he may have had 3 good blades from you and

sent you 3 blades  that were bad.   To illustrate what I mean at least 3 other companies deal gridseed blades and there are 2  group buys for them

on this site.  So that is 5 sources of people/companies that handle a lot of blades anyone of them could be connected to this customer of yours and had

him rma with you 3 times.  You look bad and they replaced 3 duds on your bill.  

Since I do not know if you checked each and every rma and photoed the serial number on the pcb boards what I say above is a guess. In no way do I

believe that has happened and I do not know if that is possible since I do not have enough info.

I only point out many people swap out electronics this way. To   frigidformself  mike has really been a good guy with his company

It appears he refund your purchased and sent you 3 replacements.

This gear has been pretty good gear for most people is not there some middle ground for you and mike?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Back to me and what I want here.

You have been good to me you sent me my rma no questions asked.  The replacement gear works great.  I was good back to as  I ordered more blades and I really do want to order the sixth blade.

So once again I ask for you to please set up my discount for this purchase.  I sent a pm to chris.

I listed all my purchases made from march until early June. I do not want to be a pest but please fix this for me.

Agreed, 3 exchanges = 4 blades. So far we shipped over 1700 blades and had only around ~53 of them DOA so the DOA rate is around ~3%. Him having 4 blades that consecutively fail from different lots would mean he hit chances of 0.000003% (Is my math correct here)? It is possible but very unlikely. I think the odds of winning the lottery would be higher.

We get fast ones pulled on us all the time and we sometimes let it slide. But to threaten us with "bad publicity" unless we give him a free blade is just wrong.

As for the logs of the RMAs, I would have to check with our tech but we even  cross shipped the devices.

Also, the user claimed he used CGminer and BFGminer on this forum, both of which are unstable with gridseed products.

also check your PM for your code. Thanks.
legendary
 Well an opinion on the 3 doa blades gets a free blade request.

I would be very cautious going that route.

I have sold electronic gear on ebay for a decade.  here is my ebay record.

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=philipma1957

It is really good record.  I estimate 10 percent of my buyers have tried to pull a fast one.  I was able to satisfy every one of them. One way or another.  

Frankly I would not have done 3 rma's unless you know the gear fails a lot. Based on reports of the gridseed blades working or failing, that fail rate of 3 doa blades in a row is too high.

But in all the years I have sold gear I had 1 terrible item  the worlds first 7200rpm 500gh laptop hdd.

First made by seagate in 2008  my failed hdd rate was 8 of 14 hdds.

The seagate forum had a 16 page thread of fu ,fu, fu, fu this drive sucks.  My losses on this item were higher then any item I ever sold.  

Based on blade price now I would send him a blade for  350- 400 dollars.  Which is a good discount.

If he said no to that I would send him three 5 chip  gridseeds for free  if he said no to that I would not have much else to offer to you to fix the issue.

Remember  even though he sent 3 blades back to you unless you carefully checked all your serial numbers he may have had 3 good blades from you and

sent you 3 blades  that were bad.   To illustrate what I mean at least 3 other companies deal gridseed blades and there are 2  group buys for them

on this site.  So that is 5 sources of people/companies that handle a lot of blades anyone of them could be connected to this customer of yours and had

him rma with you 3 times.  You look bad and they replaced 3 duds on your bill.  

Since I do not know if you checked each and every rma and photoed the serial number on the pcb boards what I say above is a guess. In no way do I

believe that has happened and I do not know if that is possible since I do not have enough info.

I only point out many people swap out electronics this way. To   frigidformself  mike has really been a good guy with his company

It appears he refund your purchased and sent you 3 replacements.

This gear has been pretty good gear for most people is not there some middle ground for you and mike?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Back to me and what I want here.

You have been good to me you sent me my rma no questions asked.  The replacement gear works great.  I was good back to as  I ordered more blades and I really do want to order the sixth blade.

So once again I ask for you to please set up my discount for this purchase.  I sent a pm to chris.

I listed all my purchases made from march until early June. I do not want to be a pest but please fix this for me.
ZiG
Activity: 406

..."Would you have just ignored his accusations or given the free blade?"...:

Nothing is free in life...there is NO FREE lunches...right...?

BUT...I would NOT ignore his "problems" (any good business shouldn't) ...

Thanks to my father...he thought me to count in any situation to 3 (three) ...I am counting to 3 too...Why...:

1-st time - could be a mistake...
2-nd time - rising the "red flag"...
3-rd time - I am taking the situation in my hands...ACTING...

3 times : claiming a "bad DOA blade"...I would send MY technician with a GOOD TESTED blade directly to the customer ( I assume that he is in USA)...to check his setup, PSU, internet...etc...and install the new Blade...setup and hashing...taking pictures videos etc...customer signing acceptance document...will cost me less than a blade, future problems and reputation issues...

"OR" ...giving a free Blade ( or is not a good option here ...there are more options to solve the issue ) ...If you thing how much time ...hours...maybe 1-2 days of your time ...and company time too is wasted ...and calculate the cost of lost opportunities / sales / revenues are greater than cost of a Blade...than send him a new Blade...

BUT who will guarantee you that it will solve the problem and stop the  unreasonable demands...maybe even in court...  Wink ... NOBODY...!...Capisco... Huh

IMHO...I'll fight, take the situation in my hands, not blindly accept "claims" or lies as a facts ...but gently...be nice and polite to the point...and would solve the "problem" quick-er and "at my discretion"...as they said ...whatever is the best for you and your Company...without giving him more chances to escalate the issue further...case closed... Grin

Good luck,

ZiG

What a drama... Grin

Are we done with this ordeal... Huh

It is getting REALLY BORING...

Cheers,

ZiG

Huh

We exchanged his blade 3 times.

Gave him a full refund + shipping reimbursements.

Then he threatens us to give him a free blade or else he is going to let the world know how we supposedly wronged him....

Sorry for the long drawn out boring debate. But we are proud of our reputation Smiley.

Quick question ZiG, do you think I bullied this person in anyway? Was I too harsh?

Hey Mike,

I am NOT the ONE to judge you, him or anybody else...There is somebody above us to do that...

What I could share is that I am an early "founder" loyal customer of ZoomHash...happy with all my purchases with your company (except the first one, which took a little bit longer, but you have been too young of a company then) ...all my gear from you - gridseeds and Blades -  is working fine...hashing with no problems...

IMHO ...in that debate you have been mostly on the defensive side...BUT you shouldn't make this in public...should keep it PRIVATE...between your company and this customer...BIG MISTAKE...IMHO...I have been running numerous businesses...and have some similar situations and customers... Wink

..."he threatens us to give him a free blade or else he is going to let the world know"... and you fall in that trap...THINK about this "bluff"...

Just my 2 cents...Hope it helps...

Cheers,

ZiG

Would you have just ignored his accusations or given the free blade?
ZiG

What a drama... Grin

Cheers,

ZiG

Huh

Then he threatens us to give him a free blade or else he is going to let the world know how we supposedly wronged him....

Sorry for the long drawn out boring debate. But we are proud of our reputation Smiley.

Quick question ZiG, do you think I bullied this person in anyway? Was I too harsh?

Hey Mike,

I am NOT the ONE to judge you, him or anybody else...There is somebody above us to do that...

What I could share is that I am an early "founder" loyal customer of ZoomHash...happy with all my purchases with your company (except the first one, which took a little bit longer, but you have been too young of a company then) ...all my gear from you - gridseeds and Blades -  is working fine...hashing with no problems...

IMHO ...in that debate you have been mostly on the defensive side...BUT you shouldn't make this in public...should keep it PRIVATE...between your company and this customer...BIG MISTAKE...IMHO...I have been running numerous businesses...and have some similar situations and customers... Wink

..."he threatens us to give him a free blade or else he is going to let the world know"... and you fall in that trap...THINK about this "bluff"...

Just my 2 cents...Hope it helps...

Cheers,

ZiG

What a drama... Grin

Cheers,

ZiG

Huh

ZiG

What a drama... Grin

Cheers,

ZiG
Wow Michael, geez.

How guilty is your conscience?

Fuck it.  I don't even care anymore.  You guys are assholes.

We are always willing to work with our customers no matter what names and swear words we are called by.

So, other than a full refund + shipping reimbursements.

What other compensation do you feel you should be entitled to? Thanks.

BTW us sending you exchanges for 3 supposed DOAs was not free either. But we ate those costs without complaint. Also, us refunding the Zeus pre-orders cost us money whereas if we shipped the units we would have made money.

But we did not want to be liable for giving out products that were advertised with false wattages. I bet if we proceeded with shipping out units and then telling the owners that the wattage was 2-3x more than what was stated...that would be a horrible thing to do.

Most people was happy with the refund and we got a lot of accolades for putting aside short term profits.
Wow Michael, geez.

Fuck it.  I don't even care anymore.  You guys are assholes.

We are always willing to work with our customers no matter what names and swear words we are called by.

So, other than a full refund + shipping reimbursements.

What other compensation do you feel you should be entitled to? Thanks.
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
Wow Michael, geez.

Fuck it.  I don't even care anymore.  You guys are assholes.
legendary
Hey Phillip,

E-mail me or PM me here with your order info (any previous order where you got points) and I'll go ahead and get you one working coupon code (zero out the points, combine the $10.00 equivalents). Sorry all the drama has caused your issue to be overlooked. If you want you can just send the info to [email protected] and any CSR will be able to get your issue solved.

We've been trying to implement better rewards for our customers than just coupons, but that hasn't been finalized and I'm sure you just want to purchase your ASIC.

Thanks!

I sent you the pm.

I hope to get my small concerns fixed shortly.

thanks.  phil
No you may not post any more information regarding this issue.  I have no idea what falsehoods or lies you may print.  You literally just stealth edited your last two posts against me.  You also went from saying I was a real person with a real negative experience on Reddit; to this guy must be a scammer spreading FUD on here.

Everything has been said; the only thing left to do is for your company to decide to compensate me or for your company to decide to not compensate me.  

I, absolutely, do not trust anything your company is posting or claiming to post at this time.

Please see my post in your other bitcointalk thread if you really want to try and resolve this issue.  That is as much as I am willing to give your company at this point.  Nothing more and nothing less.

So you banned our accounts from your reddit group here:

http://www.reddit.com/r/ZoomHashSucks/comments/28m0yj/welcome_to_zoomhashsucks/

You retreated from this forum to a place where you banned us from posting claiming that we are bullying you...

EDIT:
If anyone can let us know how we bullied frigidformself that would be appreciated. Thank you.
No you may not post any more information regarding this issue.  I have no idea what falsehoods or lies you may print.  You literally just stealth edited your last two posts against me.  You also went from saying I was a real person with a real negative experience on Reddit; to this guy must be a scammer spreading FUD on here.

Everything has been said; the only thing left to do is for your company to decide to compensate me or for your company to decide to not compensate me.  

I, absolutely, do not trust anything your company is posting or claiming to post at this time.

Please see my post in your other bitcointalk thread if you really want to try and resolve this issue.  That is as much as I am willing to give your company at this point.  Nothing more and nothing less.

Huh

I think the edits were within a few seconds of each other after posting with no replies to clarify. I guess in the future I will just add a reply but it makes the thread messier and harder to read.

Wow, that really sucks to hear Philip.  Hopefully ZoomHash will eventually resolve your issue without calling you a liar.  

I can promise you that I was simply very unlucky.  Initially when I started the discussion on Reddit.  ZoomHash came out and stated that they were aware of the issues I had with their boards.  They acknowledged that I had a very real and very negative experience with their company; and that they would try and make things better.

Then they said their "tech" assured them that all 3 of my DOA boards worked perfectly fine.  At no point since that statement have they ever been able to offer any proof indicating that those three blades were 100% working and did not have 1 bad board per unit.

The company is continuing to try and place the fault on my head.  ZoomHash has since stated that I have been trying to scam them out of a broken Scryptblade and they are now stating that I must be a competitor spreading FUD.

Initially, I asked for the price difference between the initial price I paid for the ScryptBlade and the price of the current blade; provided I actually receive a working one.

At one point during our correspondence, I was upset and I did ask for a complete refund of everything and I was just going to keep the broken ScryptBlade.

In the end, I did send back all of their failed equipment and I requested a complete refund because I did not want to have to wait another week for another ScryptBlade that may or may not be working.

Yes, ZoomHash did refund me my money after I returned the 3rd DOA Scryptblade.  No further compensation was offered or given to me at that time until I started to discuss my issue with them openly.  Since I have started posting on boards they have decided that they would like to compensate me with a fair amount for my losses.  I have no idea what would be fair compensation now.  I wouldn't even know what to ask for without them accusing me of being a scam artist trying to get a quick buck.

As to what to ask for.

Like we say, we are usually very generous in our compensation when do something wrong. However, we do not like being taken advantage. Nobody likes to be taken advantaged of.

I believe in an email to us you wanted a free blade and that if we did not give you a free blade you were going to threaten to speak badly of us. I will need sometime to reconstruct everything that is said through emails to various people at our company but it will be done over the weekend or Monday.

A free blade as compensation seems like extortion.

We are also willing to have a trusted member on this board to arbitrate. In which case you refused.

We also are willing to post all the correspondence you made with us and remove all personally identified information. Which you refused. Yet, you post pieces of that correspondence taken out of context on us.

We take pride in what we do and make sure our customers are happy without being taken advantage of our generosity.

You might be a honest buyer. But we have to protect ourselves from bad fraudulent people. If we gave a free blade for canceling blizzard pre-order due to wrong specs and exchanging 3 supposedly gridseed DOAs, then we would be out of business from fraud.

So, on top of the full refund you received on everything. What do you think is fair compensation?

Wow, that really sucks to hear Philip.  Hopefully ZoomHash will eventually resolve your issue without calling you a liar.  

I can promise you that I was simply very unlucky.  Initially when I started the discussion on Reddit.  ZoomHash came out and stated that they were aware of the issues I had with their boards.  They acknowledged that I had a very real and very negative experience with their company; and that they would try and make things better.

Then they said their "tech" assured them that all 3 of my DOA boards worked perfectly fine.  At no point since that statement have they ever been able to offer any proof indicating that those three blades were 100% working and did not have 1 bad board per unit.

The company is continuing to try and place the fault on my head.  ZoomHash has since stated that I have been trying to scam them out of a broken Scryptblade and they are now stating that I must be a competitor spreading FUD.

Initially, I asked for the price difference between the initial price I paid for the ScryptBlade and the price of the current blade; provided I actually receive a working one.

At one point during our correspondence, I was upset and I did ask for a complete refund of everything and I was just going to keep the broken ScryptBlade.

In the end, I did send back all of their failed equipment and I requested a complete refund because I did not want to have to wait another week for another ScryptBlade that may or may not be working.

Yes, ZoomHash did refund me my money after I returned the 3rd DOA Scryptblade.  No further compensation was offered or given to me at that time until I started to discuss my issue with them openly.  Since I have started posting on boards they have decided that they would like to compensate me with a fair amount for my losses.  I have no idea what would be fair compensation now.  I wouldn't even know what to ask for without them accusing me of being a scam artist trying to get a quick buck.

Can we post all correspondence and remove all personally identifiable information? We never claim anyone is at fault but it will shed some light to this whole situation and show a more accurate picture of the events.

Thanks!

Activity: 11
Hey Phillip,

E-mail me or PM me here with your order info (any previous order where you got points) and I'll go ahead and get you one working coupon code (zero out the points, combine the $10.00 equivalents). Sorry all the drama has caused your issue to be overlooked. If you want you can just send the info to [email protected] and any CSR will be able to get your issue solved.

We've been trying to implement better rewards for our customers than just coupons, but that hasn't been finalized and I'm sure you just want to purchase your ASIC.

Thanks!
Pages:
Jump to: