Pages:
Author

Topic: [IN-STOCK] Professional Eyeboot 49 Port USB Hubs [$150 usd] - page 4. (Read 22177 times)

legendary
Activity: 1775
Merit: 1032
Value will be measured in sats
I am getting a ATX LED ringed power cable mass produced, like the one Goodney shows how to make, so that everyone can use the LED power switchers. They are really cheap. I got 60A 5V one for $40 usd.

I'm interested to purchase both the new cable and hub when they are in stock.

BTW this is the correct power supply, yes?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/5V-50A-360W-DC-Regulated-Switching-LED-Power-Supply-CNC-WITH-CE-/160802119217?pt=UK_BOI_Electrical_Test_Measurement_Equipment_ET&hash=item25708d9e31

That is the correct power supply. I will have new stock on Monday. Will post more details about the cables as well as i get it.
Activity: 21
Merit: 0
I am getting a ATX LED ringed power cable mass produced, like the one Goodney shows how to make, so that everyone can use the LED power switchers. They are really cheap. I got 60A 5V one for $40 usd.

I'm interested to purchase both the new cable and hub when they are in stock.

BTW this is the correct power supply, yes?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/5V-50A-360W-DC-Regulated-Switching-LED-Power-Supply-CNC-WITH-CE-/160802119217?pt=UK_BOI_Electrical_Test_Measurement_Equipment_ET&hash=item25708d9e31
legendary

Any ideas for cable?  I'm looking at a 24 pin 18AWG extension cable for under $10 then hacking it up for red & black wires only and installing the ring connectors.  Can't find too many places that offer 16AWG wire for an extension cable.  Might have a lead at "Shakmods" in the UK, but might be expensive to ship.

Any ideas for the power cord to the plug?  I'm looking at cutting off the cable from a old power bar.  Anyone know what the minimum wire size should be?

16 gauge wire should be good, don't go lower than 18 gauge

About the wires, there are 5 red and 8 black.  Does anyone know if some of the black cables are not used by the hub?  You would think the wires in would match the number of wire out.  I just think that 8 black wires is overkill if there are 5 red going in.

Anyone know if the current will be balanced on all 5 reds?  Is there some kind of 5V bus on the hub going in, or does each red wire feed specific ports only? 

There is a 5v bus that balances the red wire feed. Taking a look at this picture, I can only see three x 5v pins that are actually used on the circuit, though i need to confirm this, they are pins 24, 22 and 21. All the other pins appear to be grounded only.

Activity: 22
I do have an older 500W ATX rated 47 Amps at 5V connected now with about 35 usb miners.  My usb meter is showing 3.95 Volts at the usb and 150 Watts on the wall.  Hashing fine, but getting a little scared if more the voltage will drop even more, causing the amps to go up causing more heat then is really necessary.

With a newer ATX, might get better voltage regulation but most newer ATX's have low 5A ratings.
legendary
Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912
The Concierge of Crypto
Some of the cheaper 650 watt ATX PSUs have 45 amps on the 5 volts. That's more than enough for most uses of the 49 USB ports. Right? I mean, maybe not for 49 hex miners or something absurd. (Those should really have external power as well.)
Found a Meanwell SP-320-5 for $33 USD on ebay.  Hopefully the voltage can be cranked up nicely.

Found a 18AWG for $750 USD also on ebay.  Should be okay for the load.
Looking at buying a power supply like the Meanwell switching power supply on ebay, which seems to be cheaper when you consider shipping to Canada, which is usually cheap from China vs. the US.  Any one have any advice if I should risk it with a no name brand ($35.50 CDN) vs. the Meanwell ($57.50)?  The 5V 60A unit should be pretty oversized for my needs, so buying a cheaper ac/dc transformer might be okay, so long as it not DOA.

My existing ATX is rated high enough but the voltage goes down to about 4 volts when loaded up and my USB antminers (2 gh/s) are running at about 0.75 amps each.  I'd like to get the voltage up to 5.25 and get the amps down for better efficiency.

Any ideas for cable?  I'm looking at a 24 pin 18AWG extension cable for under $10 then hacking it up for red & black wires only and installing the ring connectors.  Can't find too many places that offer 16AWG wire for an extension cable.  Might have a lead at "Shakmods" in the UK, but might be expensive to ship.

Any ideas for the power cord to the plug?  I'm looking at cutting off the cable from a old power bar.  Anyone know what the minimum wire size should be?

About the wires, there are 5 red and 8 black.  Does anyone know if some of the black cables are not used by the hub?  You would think the wires in would match the number of wire out.  I just think that 8 black wires is overkill if there are 5 red going in.

Anyone know if the current will be balanced on all 5 reds?  Is there some kind of 5V bus on the hub going in, or does each red wire feed specific ports only? 

If anyone has any questions for me, I'd be happy to answer.  I've got a raspberry pi running a bunch of U1 (~9) and U2 (~23) ant miners on the 49 port hub.  I've also got a kill-a-watt and a usb meter with voltage and amps display. 
legendary
Sold out a the moment. Will update again once new stock is available.

Any idea on ETA of new stock? Thanks.

Next week  Wink

Around the 7-8th May
Activity: 361
Merit: 100

Any idea on ETA of new stock? Thanks.
legendary
legendary
I can confirm that the $45 5V 60A power supply works with this hub.

It's late here, so pics tomorrow!

OK, as promised! First the money shot:

Great job!

I don't use that hub, or hubs at all.

Just wants to congrats for that job. (There is a lot of scary stuff here....)

Made on 110%

Wink

Yeah Goodney did an amazing job...i am going to look into getting his cable mass manufactured in a factory Smiley
Activity: 308
Merit: 250
If I'm only going to plug in 49 gridseeds, I don't need such a massive power supply huh? @gsupp or anyone, what ATX PSU are you using? I figure anything that has at least 20 to 30 amps on the 5 volt line should do, so even a 400 ~ 500 watt will work?

I'm personally using an EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 P2 Platinum power supply to power 40x Gridseeds (at 360Kh/s each / 850mhz core) and the 49 port hub from this thread. I made PCIe to barrel connector adapters to power the Gridseeds and the ATX connector powers the USB hub. My kill-a-watt meter shows 370 watts used at the wall, which includes a box fan set on low. So the power supply I'm using is greatly over-sized.
legendary
Activity: 4158
Merit: 8049
'The right to privacy matters'
If I'm only going to plug in 49 gridseeds, I don't need such a massive power supply huh? @gsupp or anyone, what ATX PSU are you using? I figure anything that has at least 20 to 30 amps on the 5 volt line should do, so even a 400 ~ 500 watt will work?

I have a few lying about.

send me a pm.

looking to clean up the  house. 

I forget if you are in the USA.
Activity: 635
Merit: 500
I can confirm that the $45 5V 60A power supply works with this hub.

It's late here, so pics tomorrow!

OK, as promised! First the money shot:

Great job!

I don't use that hub, or hubs at all.

Just wants to congrats for that job. (There is a lot of scary stuff here....)

Made on 110%

Wink
Activity: 546
Merit: 500
Owner, Minersource.net

We used a HX1050 we had laying around, powered and ran 32 grids off a rPI without a problem. Just dont power the PI from the hub, gets angry.

Also I ordered 5 more because I and my customers fking love these hubs.

EDIT: upon checking the tracking, they are already out for delivery. Holy shit less than 48 hours from HK > here, I will take it!
Shipped or Billed On: 04/17/2014
Scheduled Delivery Date: 04/18/2014
Scheduled Delivery Time: By End Of Day
Service: UPS Worldwide Saver
legendary
Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912
The Concierge of Crypto
legendary
Wicked guide, goodney!

Going to nip out and get a soldering iron now. wish me luck! Those cctv psu are cheap and reliable  Cheesy

Trying to order on the site and it is not letting me order!

Sent a PM.

All fixed now. Please try again.
Activity: 395
Merit: 250
Cheers goodney thanks for the writeup
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
w00t!coin
Trying to order on the site and it is not letting me order!

Sent a PM.
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
Really Nice How-To,  Thank You - That will help out Alot !
Pages:
Jump to: