Pages:
Author

Topic: Incoming Avalon News 8/9/2013 - page 101. (Read 186691 times)

Activity: 476
Merit: 250
August 08, 2013, 02:47:19 PM
Because YiFu doesn't deal directly with TMSC, he deals with someone that deals with someone that deals with someone else.  He probably pays three times what they actually cost from the fab, and someone else in the process makes sure that twice as many chips get produced, etc...

I remember he told on a video that one must know people (have personal contacts) in China to make business. Now it turns out that he actually doesn't. Instead, he knows people who know people who know people.
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
August 08, 2013, 02:46:33 PM
Well, if they work out, they claim they can produce 2500 tons per quarter.  How much does one of those chips weigh, anyway?
Yeah, that should be a clue that something is wrong, here.   Wink

That, and the fact that, just above, is another alibaba offer, for the same chip, from a different company in Shehzhen, for a price an order of magnitude higher.  

I don't know, and anybody who does know isn't talking, but it sure seems like some or all of those million chips from those photos last month have escaped and are floating around on the not-so-clean water in Shenzhen.  

The whole Avalon tale is just getting more weird by the day.   Roll Eyes
Activity: 574
Merit: 501
August 08, 2013, 02:44:15 PM
No big fish needs to pre purchase them. Anything you get made in China will be stolen - i.e., the people who work in the facility WILL make extra of your product once you give them the design. So, Yifu gives this Chinese company the design, and orders 2 million... they will run off 2 million for Yifu and 1 million for themselves and not pay Yifu anything for it. That is why when you go to China you can purchase brand name clothing without the brand tag for like 60% off the msrp.

You have to expect that the hash rate will go up much more than the theoretical from the nominal chip orders alone due to this. When you get something made in China you are pretty much guaranteeing that your product design will be infringed upon and your tech stolen.

Well, that's a well-known fact about China-based manufacturing. But seriously, I refuse to believe that TSMC is into it as well. They're not a garage-based assembly line powered by biorobots who work for food, but a world-leading semiconductor company. How could they produce extra chips for themselves?

Because YiFu doesn't deal directly with TMSC, he deals with someone that deals with someone that deals with someone else.  He probably pays three times what they actually cost from the fab, and someone else in the process makes sure that twice as many chips get produced, etc...

They seem to be shipped from Massachusetts and claim 2-4 day delivery.   Hmmmm.....
Activity: 26
Merit: 0
August 08, 2013, 02:41:38 PM
You can get escrow for those orders; they're more legit than BitSynCom.
Activity: 476
August 08, 2013, 02:35:13 PM
No big fish needs to pre purchase them. Anything you get made in China will be stolen - i.e., the people who work in the facility WILL make extra of your product once you give them the design. So, Yifu gives this Chinese company the design, and orders 2 million... they will run off 2 million for Yifu and 1 million for themselves and not pay Yifu anything for it. That is why when you go to China you can purchase brand name clothing without the brand tag for like 60% off the msrp.

You have to expect that the hash rate will go up much more than the theoretical from the nominal chip orders alone due to this. When you get something made in China you are pretty much guaranteeing that your product design will be infringed upon and your tech stolen.

Well, that's a well-known fact about China-based manufacturing. But seriously, I refuse to believe that TSMC is into it as well. They're not a garage-based assembly line powered by biorobots who work for food, but a world-leading semiconductor company. How could they produce extra chips for themselves?

He still alive after all the 5 gram rocks and $2000/hr hookers.

Strange that no one mentioned this in previous 10 pages.

Activity: 266
August 08, 2013, 02:33:37 PM
wow, if they are indeed selling these chips THIS ^ cheap, Avalon totally ripped us off, maybe he'll discount us, that would be acceptable to me.  Wouldnt mind some BTC back
Activity: 574
Merit: 501
August 08, 2013, 02:30:27 PM
Well, if they work out, they claim they can produce 2500 tons per quarter.  How much does one of those chips weigh, anyway?
August 08, 2013, 02:28:26 PM

Wow! That's half a block erupter... you could mine so many bitcoons at that price.
almost want to buy a few and see if they ship before Yifu
Activity: 292
August 08, 2013, 02:24:12 PM

Wow! That's half a block erupter... you could mine so many bitcoons at that price.
Activity: 93
Merit: 10
Activity: 854
Merit: 500
August 08, 2013, 02:11:03 PM
the "i'm not dead thread."

Just got off the plane, expect lots of news tomorrow.

The news is...

He just got back from China and we will soon see 50 Alibaba Companies offering knockoffs for $5.55

at first I was like lol, but then this: http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/994289436/Avalon_chip_A3256_Q48_avalon_asic.html

this is srsly disturbing me now. Why? Scam? 28-30$ a piece is a pretty shitty price, but in my world it makes perfect sense for a big-fish buying chips before everyone else und reselling them..

It's not a scam, you order 10,000 from them at $28, they order from Avalon and deliver to you in 10  12 20 weeks
legendary
Activity: 1789
Merit: 2535
Goonies never say die.
Activity: 339
Vice versa is not a meal.
August 08, 2013, 02:04:56 PM

The news is...

He just got back from China and we will soon see 50 Alibaba Companies offering knockoffs for $5.55

at first I was like lol, but then this: http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/994289436/Avalon_chip_A3256_Q48_avalon_asic.html

this is srsly disturbing me now. Why? Scam? 28-30$ a piece is a pretty shitty price, but in my world it makes perfect sense for a big-fish buying chips before everyone else und reselling them..

The packets that stay on the conveyor are shipped to Europe, the rest gets flogged off on Ali Baba.

Totally made my day, sir. Cheesy
August 08, 2013, 02:03:40 PM

The news is...

The packets that stay on the conveyor are shipped to Europe, the rest gets flogged off on Ali Baba.

Hahahahahahaha this sounds logical
Activity: 202
August 08, 2013, 02:03:25 PM
The news might be he get laid Smiley for change some else then his costumers Smiley LOL
Activity: 292
August 08, 2013, 02:01:41 PM
Snackin on a scooby and awaiting a refund!
Activity: 238
August 08, 2013, 01:57:38 PM
A+ public relations

Who needs to hire people when you can just piss them off yourself.

10/10 Lead time.

Although I feel like I need to preorder more products. Anyone know someone that can get me a unit that will be delivered in the next year with no refunds? I need another reputable company like Avalon to throw my bitcoins at.
legendary
Activity: 974
Merit: 1000
August 08, 2013, 01:53:25 PM

The news is...

Activity: 378
August 08, 2013, 01:52:57 PM

The news is...

legendary
Activity: 2702
Merit: 1468
August 08, 2013, 01:52:17 PM
He still alive after all the 5 gram rocks and $2000/hr hookers.

That is good news indeed.
Pages:
Jump to: