Pages:
Author

Topic: Incoming Avalon News 8/9/2013 - page 96. (Read 186691 times)

Activity: 583
Merit: 500
Bitcoin for all & all for Bitcoin
August 08, 2013, 09:10:03 PM
Just a quote I found while rummaging through the oldtimer's linked threads.

Quote from: BitSyncom
I think next time in the future like with batch two, I will only announce things at their worst possible outcome ...

So there's that...
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
August 08, 2013, 09:06:39 PM
Alright, my guess?

Bitsyncom is exiting the ASIC business. There will be no Gen-2 device.

People who have been waiting on trade-ins and the like, late devices, full refunds and an apology.

People waiting on chips: 50% refund and a release date, maybe even full refunds.

Yifu exits the business gracefully as possible, trying to make everyone happy if not giddy, and be done with it.

Anyone that believes this has probably been visiting SR...  lol
Why do you say that? Never been to Silk Road in my life.
Activity: 252
August 08, 2013, 09:06:03 PM
He will likely make announcements on the chips being stuck @ customs. Hence the multi-week delay.
Any excuse will do.

Then he will make an announcement that their gen2 products are in the prototyping phase.
Not gonna happen.
Activity: 294
August 08, 2013, 09:05:11 PM
Alright, my guess?

Bitsyncom is exiting the ASIC business. There will be no Gen-2 device.

People who have been waiting on trade-ins and the like, late devices, full refunds and an apology.

People waiting on chips: 50% refund and a release date, maybe even full refunds.

Yifu exits the business gracefully as possible, trying to make everyone happy if not giddy, and be done with it.

Anyone that believes this has probably been visiting SR...  lol
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
I love Bitcoin
August 08, 2013, 09:03:28 PM
the important right now is for the announcement, about the chip and the order, hope that it will be positive result.
legendary
Activity: 1876
Merit: 1003
August 08, 2013, 09:02:54 PM
He will likely make announcements on the chips being stuck @ customs. Hence the multi-week delay.

Then he will make an announcement that their gen2 products are in the prototyping phase.
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
August 08, 2013, 09:01:12 PM
My bet is that the announcement is that Yifu has been consulting for the Airline Industry and the Cable Industry to see if it was possible to treat customers worse than they do.
He impressed them so much with his POS attitude and ego, that now he has a new contract with the DMV and IRS to teach them how to treat customers with less respect.

Face it guys, Yifu is a douchebag and always will be.   All of us that have our Avalons and will never order from him again can say whatever we like.   He stole money by mining with the machines WE PAID for.

REMOVED CHILDISH CARTOON OF SNOWWHITE.
make your own ASIC's then
Sure seems like that is what a lot of his former (potential long term) customers' did after seeing what an immature little shit he was, doesn't it?

Yeah buddy I bet you're just cranking out those 28nm chips from your Mothers basement at an alarming speed.

legendary
Activity: 2198
Merit: 1000
August 08, 2013, 08:52:53 PM
I have nothing against Yifu at all but I dislike when people do announcements of an upcoming announcement. I mean what does that really accomplish aside from showing that someone isn't dead?
He will announce his announcement has been delayed for a month  Cry
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
August 08, 2013, 08:47:21 PM
I have nothing against Yifu at all but I dislike when people do announcements of an upcoming announcement. I mean what does that really accomplish aside from showing that someone isn't dead?
Activity: 238
August 08, 2013, 08:42:16 PM
The odds are higher that the news is simply:

"Your chips aren't coming for another few weeks, we are not offering any refunds, because fuck you"
or they are not coming at all...  Undecided

sorry, i should've said in two weeksTM
since he's all best mates with St. Josh now.
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
August 08, 2013, 08:40:15 PM
What news? Were getting 55nm pin compatible gen 2 Avalon ASIC's instead of gen 1. Grin

I have thought of this too, but it's too good to be true Cheesy
Yes to good to be true, but might would explain the delay in shipping, a possible transition durring production,,or who will get what and when  of 2nd gen and who will get whats left of old...lol but wishfull thinking probably?

He has no design team, they split. So it will be a vocal intention with funding. No idea about the whereabouts of the current chips though.
legendary
August 08, 2013, 08:39:45 PM

"Your chips aren't coming for another few weeks, we are not offering any refunds, because fuck you"
or they are not coming at all...  Undecided
legendary
August 08, 2013, 08:38:32 PM
What news? Were getting 55nm pin compatible gen 2 Avalon ASIC's instead of gen 1. Grin

Yes to good to be true, but might would explain the delay in shipping, a possible transition durring production,,or who will get what and when  of 2nd gen and who will get whats left of old...lol but wishfull thinking probably?
August 08, 2013, 08:38:06 PM

legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007
August 08, 2013, 08:33:00 PM

Activity: 14
Merit: 0
August 08, 2013, 08:31:51 PM
Regardless of the outcome the lack of any communication seals it for me. Yifu signed into his account some time ago but didn't bother to say anything and left people hanging. People start talking litigation and he appears within hours.... Amazeballs

Litigation?  Pfffft, this isn't a civil matter (though it certainly could be).  I know of at least one person who has already filed paperwork with the NY State AG, FBI Cybercrime, FTC and Interpol.  I hope Yifu's got good counsel.
legendary
August 08, 2013, 08:30:37 PM
Ya it could be that simple...but everyone in the order queue will have to cough up some more bitcoin for em...lol,,, Its the wild west still Smiley
August 08, 2013, 08:18:34 PM
Since you wanted to be technical about it, according to BitSynCom's profile. The day has just begun

Local Time:   09-08-2013, 00:16:47

So 24 hours starts now.

Fingers on the

Buttons
Activity: 202
August 08, 2013, 08:08:25 PM
What can he say we already don't know?

The fact he is getting richer and richer, selling us false promises and dreams?
BitSyncom is master of deception.

They did not stand in ANY of their promises and postulates.

Activity: 746
Merit: 502
Looking for advertising deal
August 08, 2013, 08:03:11 PM
Think about this scenario:

Millions of 'Avalon' chips are ordered hastily.

Someone within the supply chain thinks 'wtf is so special about these chips?'

A quick google shows the chips purpose, diagrams of how to utilise them and the immense value of the end product they produce.

From this point Yifu has lost control and handed someone a golden egg to either make millions or even worse control the network.

I have dealt with Chinese suppliers and what I'm seeing on Alibaba is concerning.

Regardless of the outcome the lack of any communication seals it for me. Yifu signed into his account some time ago but didn't bother to say anything and left people hanging. People start talking litigation and he appears within hours.... Amazeballs

+100
he kick us all

dunno how legit your connections with Chinese suppliers are but that scenario a bit tinfoil hat, but it is scary as hell.
Pages:
Jump to: