Pages:
Author

Topic: Incoming Avalon News 8/9/2013 - page 22. (Read 186657 times)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0
August 29, 2013, 08:26:58 PM
Given that most us will never buy the Avalon Chips if there were no group buy, the moderators must keep their side of the bargain and refund in full amount to those who join their group buy. The only 1 so far who is ethical and will honour the refund  is Zefir, he wrote to Yifu and got a reply. Sebastian and Steamboat has already make good profit's from their numerous group buys would you all please be considerate and be a great gentleman and refund back their money.
Activity: 28
August 29, 2013, 08:17:47 PM
Full Refund Now!
+1 and please promptly to Sebastians Group Buy

+1 and get a Full Refund from Sebastian Group Buy.
Activity: 1190
Merit: 516
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
August 29, 2013, 06:47:59 PM
I am tired of this toxic community malformed by greed.

Man, you've got quite some nerve for posting this. A full refund will not solve the issue. Please explain the 1+ million chips delivery that showed up in pictures from June? So, where did they end up?

batch 3? the amount was never 1+ million chips. if one 1+ million chips did show up in june, none of this would be happening and difficulty would NOT be this low, do some math.

also people seem to not make the connect to sudden raise of difficulty to us shipping batch 3 and bitfury's http://ghash.io pool coming online...

brb making refund form, I'm done with this.

Absolutely no math involved with this simple question: where did the 1-2 million chips from these pictures end up? Who ordered them? This is your chance to defend yourself against the suspicion that you got (and took) a better offer for the chips intended for us. And have us waiting for production of the next batch, while the rise in difficulty eats up all the expected profits, to the point where even reaching ROI seems implausible.

http://imgur.com/a/GR0e3#bKTeVlc

So... we are eagerly awaiting your response to this... Yifu?
Activity: 602
Merit: 500
August 29, 2013, 05:44:07 PM
BitSyncom, don't forget refund 1/2 cost of Avalon B3 for completed orders. Otherwise for all your employees will be extremely damaged Chi. It is your mistake combining astronomical prices with very long time shipping.

Lol, good luck with that.

he'll refund it or full refund otherwise he will be in court trying to demonstrate he didn't mine with them himself or do anything else fraudulent.

he may very well offer full refund because the story could be:

he used the money to generate interest - either get investors or use the money himself to create stuff with - then mine (which will be all his profit) and then just return the money that was loaned to him for free. who knows! that's the problem - we don't know and we definitely don't trust him. he's shown that he is not trustworthy. way to tarnish his own reputation so fast.
Activity: 294
Merit: 250
August 29, 2013, 05:10:21 PM
Dude has a point...

Fuck off.

The profits of miners ASSEMBLED by the DIY community (not even by yifu!!) was never going to be huge. Still, it would've been some nice little pocket money - sadly I also brought other people in with me to join in on this excitement - as it would be our first "real" mining unit, an asic, previously only obtainable by the rich and the connected, unique and first of its kind made by the people for the people. I wanted to be apart of that! Yifu took that away from us... and left a sour taste behind, the magic is gone. These chips looked like a hope of bitcoin remaining decentralised and for the people, but that dream is dying an ugly angry death.

Very well said!
Activity: 183
Merit: 100
200 OK
August 29, 2013, 01:57:32 PM
BitSyncom, don't forget refund 1/2 cost of Avalon B3 for completed orders. Otherwise for all your employees will be extremely damaged Chi. It is your mistake combining astronomical prices with very long time shipping.

Lol, good luck with that.
Activity: 224
August 29, 2013, 01:55:52 PM
103 Refunds processed almost immediately after Yifu seemed confused that no one had been refunded.
I guess my question to Yifu would be "why did the 103 not go out earlier and how did you make them go all of a sudden?"
What is really going on that you are unaware of all these things?   A lot of things do not add up here.

If anything, I think that at least demonstrates 'good faith' on his part. Maybe he legitimately believed that the refunds had gone through, and when he found out that they hadn't, he took care of it. That earns him a small amount of credibility back, in my eyes.

Credit where credit is due.

Seems that SOME people are impossible to please. If he hadn't processed it, you'd have used it as evidence that he's a liar. Since he did process it, you want to use it as evidence that he's a liar.  Roll Eyes

I've got as much of an opinion on his professionalism (or lack thereof) as anybody else (see my post a few posts up, if there's any doubt), but come on, don't jump down the guy's throat when he actually comes through and DOES do what he's supposed to.  Roll Eyes
Activity: 746
Merit: 502
Looking for advertising deal
August 29, 2013, 01:55:48 PM

I've paid 103BTC and mined 23BTC until delivery, no customs trouble.
I will never ROI as all people who bought batch#3
legendary
Activity: 1912
Merit: 1020
August 29, 2013, 01:52:06 PM
legendary
Activity: 2338
Merit: 1013
Be A Digital Miner
August 29, 2013, 01:42:52 PM
103 Refunds processed almost immediately after Yifu seemed confused that no one had been refunded.
I guess my question to Yifu would be "why did the 103 not go out earlier and how did you make them go all of a sudden?"
What is really going on that you are unaware of all these things?   A lot of things do not add up here.
Activity: 238
August 29, 2013, 01:07:00 PM
LOL - "pretty sure"

Is that a "I better go check what someone else said coz we better make sure our lies match up"

or

"I don't know what is going on ..." LOL
By the way, kano, I have to say:  while I don't necessarily agree with you on BFL, you were spot on about this -both product and promoter - long before anyone else saw it coming.
Activity: 238
August 29, 2013, 12:59:14 PM
LOL - "pretty sure"
LOL.  Or else we just throw up a little into our mouths.

Yifu, you supercilious little prick.  Just ship the chips intended for the open source development, and then, as far as I'm concerned, you can go do whatever the fuck you want.  

That way, in my mind, at least you don't become a total non-entity.
legendary
Activity: 2786
Merit: 1011
Get Paid Crypto To Walk or Drive
August 29, 2013, 12:45:08 PM
Anyone want to sell their group buy chips at .06 per chip?  If they do refund I get a little profit for my risk, if they don't then you came out better than you would have.  Let me know if any interest?

here come the buzzards

Hardly, more like an investment firm buying risky mortgages.  No one is forcing anyone, if you want a guaranteed payout instead of a chance, take the service, if you want to wait for one of Yifu's oh so famous soon to come refunds, then sit tight.  Makes no difference to me, and hardly buzzard like.  I am not offering next to nothing for the chips, in fact, if they ship I would lose a lot of money, so it is quite a gamble for me as well, and taking a small profit from that gamble, in my opinion is totally justified.

Take your opinion/ad elsewhere. This thread is for ranting about how much money Yifu has cost us, not how you can profit off of the situation.  Tongue

Sigh - this entire thing has been about how people can profit off of the situation, if it wasnt about profit, no one would be here ready to behead the guy.  The world is run by profit, and this thread is no different.  "The amount of money you lost" is all based off of profit.  If there was no profit you would not have originally ordered these chips.  So to say that no one cares about how to profit from this situation is completely wrong, we are all trying to get money back out of this, I was simply offering a service where money back was guaranteed.  Do not worry though, because people complained I have rescended my offer and taken the post down.
Activity: 574
Merit: 501
August 29, 2013, 12:43:35 PM

"Malformed by greed" is indeed a correct assessment. Whose greed? To call upon the childhood rhyme; "The one who smelt it, dealt it." It's not the miners/buyers who have toxified the environment, Yifu. It's sellers like you who don't know the first thing about running a legitimate business and maintaining a solid reputation, by doing the things they say they'll do.

This isn't Alibaba, where you bullshit your way through a deal, deliver something only marginally similar to what you agreed to, and then disappear to do it again under a different username. I know that's what your culture is accustomed to, but you're trying to play in an arena where that model just isn't gonna cut it.

Want to play in the arena where professionalism counts? Start by learning the definition. "Professionalism: Results, on demand, for pay." Nobody gives a fuck about your 'chi' or your hair, or your emotional needs. If you want somebody to tend to your emotions and 'chi', get a girlfriend.

The only thing that the world cares about about are results. Somebody provides you money, you provide results. If you can't provide results, you don't have what it takes to be a professional.

You already got the pay, you've got the demand. Turn over some fucking results, because that part (YOUR part) is the part that's missing from the equation here.

Maybe you thought this community made you a millionaire because they liked your personality? Sorry, but that's not the case. This community made you a millionaire because they actually expect your to deliver on your promises.

'Coffee is for closers'.

If you can't hack it, go be a barista at some hipster-run coffee joint, and serve coffee to the 'closers' who do have what it takes. That ought to give you PLENTY of time to focus on your 'chi'.  Roll Eyes

+100  Very good post.
Activity: 457
Merit: 250
August 29, 2013, 12:42:28 PM
legendary
Activity: 1045
Merit: 1157
no degradation
August 29, 2013, 12:40:46 PM
Yifu, to exercise professionalism fill out this form:

I will deliver all April chip orders until...
I will deliver all May chip orders until...
I will deliver all June chip orders until...
I will deliver all July chip orders until...

Cheesy
Activity: 36
August 29, 2013, 12:38:23 PM

"Malformed by greed" is indeed a correct assessment. Whose greed? To call upon the childhood rhyme; "The one who smelt it, dealt it." It's not the miners/buyers who have toxified the environment, Yifu. It's sellers like you who don't know the first thing about running a legitimate business and maintaining a solid reputation, by doing the things they say they'll do.

This isn't Alibaba, where you bullshit your way through a deal, deliver something only marginally similar to what you agreed to, and then disappear to do it again under a different username. I know that's what your culture is accustomed to, but you're trying to play in an arena where that model just isn't gonna cut it.

Want to play in the arena where professionalism counts? Start by learning the definition. "Professionalism: Results, on demand, for pay." Nobody gives a fuck about your 'chi' or your hair, or your emotional needs. If you want somebody to tend to your emotions and 'chi', get a girlfriend.

The only thing that the world cares about about are results. Somebody provides you money, you provide results. If you can't provide results, you don't have what it takes to be a professional.

You already got the pay, you've got the demand. Turn over some fucking results, because that part (YOUR part) is the part that's missing from the equation here.

Maybe you thought this community made you a millionaire because they liked your personality? Sorry, but that's not the case. This community made you a millionaire because they actually expect your to deliver on your promises.

'Coffee is for closers'.

If you can't hack it, go be a barista at some hipster-run coffee joint, and serve coffee to the 'closers' who do have what it takes. That ought to give you PLENTY of time to focus on your 'chi'.  Roll Eyes

+5
legendary
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
Think. Positive. Thoughts.
August 29, 2013, 12:37:33 PM
Anyone want to sell their group buy chips at .06 per chip?  If they do refund I get a little profit for my risk, if they don't then you came out better than you would have.  Let me know if any interest?

here come the buzzards

Hardly, more like an investment firm buying risky mortgages.  No one is forcing anyone, if you want a guaranteed payout instead of a chance, take the service, if you want to wait for one of Yifu's oh so famous soon to come refunds, then sit tight.  Makes no difference to me, and hardly buzzard like.  I am not offering next to nothing for the chips, in fact, if they ship I would lose a lot of money, so it is quite a gamble for me as well, and taking a small profit from that gamble, in my opinion is totally justified.

Take your opinion/ad elsewhere. This thread is for ranting about how much money Yifu has cost us, not how you can profit off of the situation.  Tongue
Activity: 224
August 29, 2013, 12:26:16 PM

'Coffee is for closers'.

Pages:
Jump to: