Pages:
Author

Topic: Incoming Avalon News 8/9/2013 - page 90. (Read 186691 times)

legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1026
August 09, 2013, 02:47:57 AM
Call me stupid, call me an idiot, but at least I am still decent.

Your mindset is honorable and not stupid, but I think you miss the point:

There is a huge difference between "we don't care about you or your family" and "this story sounds fishy and like a made up excuse - we don't believe it".
legendary
Activity: 1876
Merit: 1003
August 09, 2013, 02:47:39 AM
Wow, this is the worst PR management ever. Shit is flying everywhere and shit barely gets explained properly, I'm glad they are not dealing with pre-order crap after these chips but I'm VERY wary of buying another Avalon product right now.
Welcome to BFL industries.

Oh wait...
g83
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Available Now!
August 09, 2013, 02:46:39 AM
Stop bullshittin' in here - he did not say someone robbed me and all the money is gone - he just tried to explain to us what were the reasons for the delay.
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1002
August 09, 2013, 02:43:52 AM
I am DISGUSTED by most replies here. Almost all comments here are about missing ROI and the like. Hardly anyone mentions the terrifying times that team Avalon and their family went through and probably still are.

It's just GREED all the way.

Imagine you are a bright young man, with some bright friends, able to make a unique product that brings in millions and then you, your team and family found yourself in the crosshair of . All of you would take CARE OF YOUR FAMILY and would have to put your CRM on halt.

Yes, I am a customer of Bitsyncom, machines and chips.
Yes, I am waiting for some chips, but I will never let greed take over.
Yes, I will buy again.

Yes.  He performs magic, and has both customers and the mob after him.  Not a situation to inspire more entrepreneurs.

Activity: 446
August 09, 2013, 02:40:57 AM
I am DISGUSTED by most replies here. Almost all comments here are about missing ROI and the like. Hardly anyone mentions the terrifying times that team Avalon and their family went through and probably still are.

Imagine you are a bright young man, with some bright friends, able to make a unique product that brings in millions and then you, your team and family found yourself in the crosshair of . All of you would take CARE OF YOUR FAMILY and would have to put your CRM on halt.

Yes, I will buy again.

Go back to Facebook.
legendary
August 09, 2013, 02:40:28 AM
Weasely little mother fucker coming out with some sob story. No concessions, only excuses. I'm normally not a fan of class action law suits but if it means that we collectively get to break it off in his ass, start hiring lawyers. And he has the damn balls to talk about the next three generations of his POS chips? Anyone who sends him a single satoshi, product in hand or not, is a sucker.
Please ship his "POS" chips first. I want to see him toss his tray to the ground and stamp the crap out of it!
Activity: 177
Merit: 100
August 09, 2013, 02:39:45 AM
What about Avalon shipping 135 boxes shipped to the reseller in HK?
2.1 million chips - $14.7million dollars

Check near the bottom of the article for the tracking info:
http://thegenesisblock.com/latest-shipment-of-avalon-asics-could-increase-network-hashrate-by-500/

TGB did a sloppy job on this. Clearly visible "n/24" is written on each parcel and furthermore there are two tracking identifier: there is a MAWB (Master Air Way Bill) which was 871 5050 8076 and a HAWB (House Air Way Bill) which was JHG13060373. The MAWB is the identifier for the "whole stack" of the shipping company and the HAWB is an internal identifier for each recipient. Means: the total amount of parcels for this shipping company was 135 parcels altogether, but fidelhl received only 24 parcels.

Thanks for the details, excellent eye on the details.  No one else that I've seen has been able to make this differentiation, including the author Philip.  

Also, your earlier post was also very interesting too (Sebastian mentioned a 70TH/s increase from a known/unknown entity):

I also think he received less than 374400 chips. On the upper left box is a label with "QTY: 7834" which is far less than 15600 per box. One box below: "QTY: 7815". Couldn't read the other labels due to the picture quality, but my best guess: somewhere around but higher than 187200 chips and guaranteed less than 358850 chips. Equals 52.7904 TH/s - 101.1957 TH/s with stock clocking.
legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1047
August 09, 2013, 02:38:11 AM
In addition, there is 2 more chip designs in the pipeline, we have decided to proceed developing Gen3 and Gen4 in parallel due to the long R&D time of low processor nodes, both of these will be a Full Custom ASIC design.

http://www.avalon-asics.com/

I as well as many others are Glad to see the team involved with the Avalon Project is coping well with the trials and tribulations that come with territory. Looking forward to having these further decentralize hardware options become available for the Bitcoin network mining participants.

Thank you for the update. Best wishes to your future success.

~Sitarow
legendary
August 09, 2013, 02:36:11 AM
Oh come on, I expected more conspiracy theories as to why and how Avalon chips are being made available on Alibaba. Pay off? Stolen chips? Employee theft under duress (threat or kidnapping)?

http://www.alibaba.com/trade/search?fsb=y&IndexArea=product_en&CatId=&SearchText=A3256-Q48

Do you really believe all the people that placed early bulk ordered were going to make boards with the chips?

Scalpers are in on everything nowadays.

For once you posted something that wasn't non-sense. I am startled...and afraid.

The scalpers just got scalped.

Yes, I will buy again.

You are a decent human being. I honor your integrity.
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
August 09, 2013, 02:35:31 AM
Unit Batches
Batch three have completely left our hands, may DHL be swift in their deliveries. The refunds will shortly follow, this is the same for any tradein orders ( ran into issues such as some people were receiving their address to pay while other are not). we understand we are very late in this department of processing any customer support related issue, we will not be making any excuses, but this is literally the only thing left on our plate now. In the future we hope to eliminate this problem by selling only in stock products that will ship in under 3 days.

Yifu, I do applaud you for coming out with a very nice Batch #3 Avalon.  However, most importantly, I  truly hope you will address the Avalons Trade-ins that have not even been added to the store such as mine and others.
Secondly, I think you should give compensation to batch #3 and trade-in customers who have been loyal for quite a while.  
Why?  The ROI is now 62+ minimum days at 82GH/s overclock and the trade-ins and Batch #3 were well over 3 months past the May 5th date you had already changed previously.

And to Benturas:    Its not about being greedy its about being on time and doing business right.  My Father taught me to be a man of my word and have integrity.  Own up to your mistakes and show accountability.  In this case: "Excuses are like Assholes.  Everyone has them and they all stink."  
Activity: 826
Merit: 1001
August 09, 2013, 02:35:02 AM

Yes, I will buy again.

Activity: 292
August 09, 2013, 02:33:18 AM
No, that's just eve, the rest of us lay blame solely on Yifuck

Hey! Show some respect for the King of Bitcoon, Yifu, without him we would all be lost.

But seriously, there is some shady ass mofos in China and we can't even begin to imagine what our poor friend is going through.... Bitcoon can really bring out the worst in people...
Activity: 238
August 09, 2013, 02:29:59 AM
No, that's just eve, the rest of us lay blame solely on Yifuck
legendary
August 09, 2013, 02:28:12 AM
and what the fuck where is Steamboat, Sebastian and Zefir who enticed and solicited or whore us into their group buy, these fuckers already made a good profits, we the one in the group buy are the ones who suffers. Where are there?? can we get a REFUND from our group buy.    They are keeping very quiet   When they need us they will show up their face. Stay Clear from these guys in their future group buy. NO MORE GROUP BUY.
Crap, the crowd is turning into a total mob.

Don't turn your pitchforks against the Group Buy organizers. Or at the very least give me a toe from the dismembered.
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001
August 09, 2013, 02:25:18 AM
Ok someone already called it last night, the (drumroll please) "stuck in customs" excuse.  

Jet lag guy had over 24 hours to think of a better reason than that, is that the best he could do?
I called it last night, LOL.

I don't doubt the Avalon guys. I just doubt the customs guy.

He will likely make announcements on the chips being stuck @ customs. Hence the multi-week delay.

Then he will make an announcement that their gen2 products are in the prototyping phase.

They crystal ball knows all!

Oh Wise & Powerful PuertoLibre,who will be the one to truely give us peons ASIC's  Cheesy
legendary
August 09, 2013, 02:20:00 AM
Ok someone already called it last night, the (drumroll please) "stuck in customs" excuse.  

Jet lag guy had over 24 hours to think of a better reason than that, is that the best he could do?
I called it last night, LOL.

I don't doubt the Avalon guys. I just doubt the customs guy.

He will likely make announcements on the chips being stuck @ customs. Hence the multi-week delay.

Then he will make an announcement that their gen2 products are in the prototyping phase.

The crystal ball knows all!
legendary
August 09, 2013, 02:18:37 AM
Just giving us "there is currently ~200k chips stuck in custom right at this moment for about 2 weeks now, this matter is very painful for us and our customers" is fucking unacceptable. First off prove to us they are stuck in customs. Second, why are they stuck in customs.

Fuck you for barely giving us a paragraph of useful information in a 10 million dollar situation. This isn't the time to admit defeat to the community and to the customers. Man the fuck up and give us more information. And how dare you flaunt your up and coming products while we are left with fuck all after putting our money in your hands. BFL is even fucking better than you with PR.
Don't worry, others will buy it off you for pennies on the dollar!

There are buyers ready to save your asses (with a haircut!).
Activity: 448
August 09, 2013, 02:17:06 AM
new step requires a new and better coffee shop  Cool

let the 55nm come, now Ill ask something everyone might be wondering, can we expect a new trade in program ?  *headache*
Trade-in?
Give your machine or chips to them and wait for 4 months with nothing returned?
How much lost will be caused during these 4 months? Maybe 28nm will come after 4 months delay.
Activity: 238
August 09, 2013, 02:15:13 AM
I think it would be in the best interests of the community to start "disabling" Gen2, Gen3 and Gen4 Avalon products. Boycott and let them rot with BFL.

What does that even mean? Even if CGminer doesn't support them they can just write their own mining software.  No one is going to turn down free hashes.
legendary
August 09, 2013, 02:14:50 AM
TL; DR;  Gen1 chips buyers eat shits Cheesy
Thank you all for subsidizing the next generation of Avalon Technology.

Gen 2: 55nm

Gen 3: (Full Custom)

Gen 4: (Full Custom)

[/Inaba freakout]
Pages:
Jump to: