Pages:
Author

Topic: Incoming Avalon News 8/9/2013 - page 93. (Read 186691 times)

Activity: 266
Merit: 250
August 09, 2013, 12:45:05 AM
Just as this matter is reaching its closure. WSJ prints an mashed article consists of rumors, opinions and pieces of various stories. Avalon whilst under NDA(s) are unable to comment on all aspect of the story. We will however state the following: We were indeed in Amsterdam on Tuesday and had a meeting with TSMC and we will leave it at that for now.
We would also like to take this chance to properly restate that Avalon will from this day going forward will no longer be participating in any form of pre-order, pre-sale type of business operations.

http://www.avalon-asics.com/

WHAT THE FUCK? WERE FUCKED!
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
August 09, 2013, 12:44:53 AM
Don't worry, the groupbuy leaders will come out swinging, just legally, not angrily.

And I for one, will throw down what cash i can to support the hiring of lawyers, if my group decides to go that way.

I'm hoping by now an investigation has already begun
Activity: 83
Merit: 10
August 09, 2013, 12:43:28 AM
Just as this matter is reaching its closure. WSJ prints an mashed article consists of rumors, opinions and pieces of various stories. Avalon whilst under NDA(s) are unable to comment on all aspect of the story. We will however state the following: We were indeed in Amsterdam on Tuesday and had a meeting with TSMC and we will leave it at that for now.
We would also like to take this chance to properly restate that Avalon will from this day going forward will no longer be participating in any form of pre-order, pre-sale type of business operations.

http://www.avalon-asics.com/
Activity: 177
August 09, 2013, 12:43:01 AM
Did anyone miss the fact that he pretty much was saying the WSJ story was true? or am I reading that wrong (shrug)

He's just trying to have folks think there's a deal when there's probably nothing in place.  

He says there's an NDA in place.  Then makes a reference to Amsterdam and then TSMC...  tells you to fill in the blanks.   What's funny is that Ms. Sun of TMSC told one user is they don't know about BitSynCom at all and perhaps they may have been dealing with an alliance company of theirs.

legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001
August 09, 2013, 12:39:47 AM
and what the fuck where is Steamboat, Sebastian and Zefir who enticed and solicited or whore us into their group buy, these fuckers already made a good profits, we the one in the group buy are the ones who suffers. Where are there?? can we get a REFUND from our group buy.    They are keeping very quiet   When they need us they will show up their face. Stay Clear from these guys in their future group buy. NO MORE GROUP BUY.

You are angry at the wrong people. Avalon hasn't delivered. How the fuck are the groupbuys going to do anything about that numskull?

Exactly................. Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
legendary
Activity: 2198
Merit: 1000
August 09, 2013, 12:34:03 AM
Oh come on, I expected more conspiracy theories as to why and how Avalon chips are being made available on Alibaba. Pay off? Stolen chips? Employee theft under duress (threat or kidnapping)?

http://www.alibaba.com/trade/search?fsb=y&IndexArea=product_en&CatId=&SearchText=A3256-Q48

Oh those are just some of the chips held up in customs for a couple more weeks,,,not to worry.  Wink
August 09, 2013, 12:26:13 AM
It seems bad form to hawk your new wares in a letter detailing the issues and problems with your current products.

1000 times this. And the best thing is they didn't give us any useful information on the current chips.
vip
Activity: 756
Merit: 503
August 09, 2013, 12:26:06 AM
WTF?

Lads, this is not news, or should I say, this is old news? Look at the date of this article:

http://bitcoinjim.com/jz

Avalon ASIC & miner news from Bitcoin 2013 San Jose
Submitted by btcjim on Sun, 05/19/2013 - 18:09
Some of Buttefly labs' display at Bitcoin 2013
(All of this is only hearsay, so take it as such...)

From "stuff heard at Bitcoin 2013" thread, some news regarding Yifu Guo of Avalon, their delays, and more.  Highlights:

Avalon Gen II hardware will be based upon 55nm chip technology (we can make presumptions in speed & efficiency based on this info)
Avalon Batches 2 & 3 will be fully shipped soon, once their SMT machine is up and running properly, producing 50 units / day
Avalon's SMT machine was held in customs which explains the delay for Batch 2 (& 3)
Left the door open for another batch of hardware, but seemed to indicate Avalon would be focusing on manufacturing chips for now

erk
Activity: 826
Merit: 500
August 09, 2013, 12:24:46 AM
and what the fuck where is Steamboat, Sebastian and Zefir who enticed and solicited or whore us into their group buy, these fuckers already made a good profits, we the one in the group buy are the ones who suffers. Where are there?? can we get a REFUND from our group buy.    They are keeping very quiet   When they need us they will show up their face. Stay Clear from these guys in their future group buy. NO MORE GROUP BUY.

You are angry at the wrong people. Avalon hasn't delivered. How the fuck are the groupbuys going to do anything about that numskull?
eve = troll = ignore list
August 09, 2013, 12:22:25 AM

Activity: 887
Merit: 1000
August 09, 2013, 12:22:07 AM
Did anyone miss the fact that he pretty much was saying the WSJ story was true? or am I reading that wrong (shrug)
August 09, 2013, 12:21:08 AM
China Customs website if anyone wants to try and contact them:

http://english.customs.gov.cn/tabid/47800/Default.aspx

I doubt that's a good idea.

Anyway, I wonder why they didn't have them shipped out directly from Taiwan. I guess they didn't anticipate this problem.

Or it's a straight up lie
eve
Activity: 210
August 09, 2013, 12:20:34 AM
August 09, 2013, 12:19:54 AM

I doubt that's a good idea.

Anyway, I wonder why they didn't have them shipped out directly from Taiwan. I guess they didn't anticipate this problem.
Activity: 120
August 09, 2013, 12:19:43 AM
Unit Batches
Batch three have completely left our hands, may DHL be swift in their deliveries. The refunds will shortly follow, this is the same for any tradein orders ( ran into issues such as some people were receiving their address to pay while other are not). we understand we are very late in this department of processing any customer support related issue, we will not be making any excuses, but this is literally the only thing left on our plate now. In the future we hope to eliminate this problem by selling only in stock products that will ship in under 3 days.
On the horizon are two new product designs, we are fairly happy with the batch 3 design, which will conclude as the Avalon Version 1 final design. In addition we will have a new 2 module unit coming to market and a 2U 17inch deep server blade slated as Avalon Version 2.

[snip]
Why can't you begin processing refunds now? Why didn't you start them weeks ago? It's not like you're personally assembling Batch 3 units and you already know which units to withhold from shipping. Please tell us concretely when you will being processing refunds. Most of us have plans for the Bitcoins that you have tied up and are unable to execute those plans while you hold them. We are missing potential investments everyday you hold them.
Activity: 490
Merit: 255
August 09, 2013, 12:19:33 AM
It seems bad form to hawk your new wares in a letter detailing the issues and problems with your current products.

Activity: 177
August 09, 2013, 12:19:23 AM

While we have send out some chip orders, there is currently ~200k chips stuck in custom right at this moment for about 2 weeks now,

Some chips orders are behind schedule way longer than 2 weeks!

And what he claims is full of @#$@, he would've updated Zefir, Steamboat had they actually been stuck in customs.  But no, he decides to go incommunicado and then re-appear once after filings with Interpol, FBI, and other governmental entities were filed by one of the user(s).
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
Developer
August 09, 2013, 12:18:04 AM

August 09, 2013, 12:16:58 AM
what the hell?

you've all been completely fucked over, and you're all talking about buying their next gen chips?

are you mental? this is why we get scammed continually.

It all depends on the price.  55nm means 4x as many transistors as their 110nm design, and (theoretically) twice the clockrate.  So 8x performance for about the same cost/chip.

Their Batch1 units were $1,200 and run at 80Gh/s.  If they can get 8x performance that's 644Gh/s at $1200 in october.

Compared to HashFast, which is taking pre-orders for that for $5600 for 400Gh/s in October.

Anyway, I ordered from them and they delivered my unit. They're only a few weeks late with their chip shipments.

A good deal is a good deal.  But They're going to have to offer really good prices at this point. No more B3 level pricing, and they'll now have less credibility then a totally new company, like KnC/HashFast/Cointerra.

so basically the news is that we're all proper fucked.  if chips are 'stuck in customs', shouldn't buyers have gotten tracking info / notification on shipping before that happened? anyone have any insight on that process?

wonder how many people will actually order the next gen stuff from these guys  Roll Eyes

Well, if they're actually available immediately on receipt of payment people could certainly be tempted. Look at all the people throwing money at HashFast for non-refundable, bitcoin only pre-orders due in late October, at $14/gh.
Activity: 176
Mighty Dub
August 09, 2013, 12:14:50 AM
what the hell?

you've all been completely fucked over, and you're all talking about buying their next gen chips?

are you mental? this is why we get scammed continually.

and stop being nice.. he has your money, he has your chips, and he's given you NOTHING

there isn't even any references, links, or documents, or ANY form of proof associated with anything that's been said in their "announcement"

+10
Pages:
Jump to: