Pages:
Author

Topic: Indian localbitcoins scammer list - page 4. (Read 63147 times)

Activity: 202
Merit: 100
November 14, 2015, 08:59:20 AM
Hi, everyone been hit 2 times today, but ip's based in the uk and us, asking to make payment to my hdfc account using a payment service called xoom. the first guy had only 1 trade, when i asked him for documents, was going round and round as to how good the payment service is, but did not provide any documents. asked him to cancel, as something seemed wrong. as soon as he cancelled, within 5 min someone with a us ip sent me a request, asking to transfer money via xoom.

havent traded, but just wanted to know, this looks suspicious. just though would give everyone a heads up. i could be wrong, though.

I am sure it is the same guy using a VPN, Tongue

haha must be, the payment service looks decent, i had a look at it, but the way he spoke, smelled of a scam. i just couldnt figure out how he would do it.

Yeah better to be safe than sorry! The fact that he changed VPN to convince you as another user should tell you that he was looking to scam you. Apparently Xoom is a paypal company, so i am guessing they support charge backs? If they do, that could have been his modus operandi!

hmmm, it appears that they transfer directly to bank account, but in my experience with banks last 2 years, if they would request a charge back, the bank would have gone all out to block my account and what not. the banking system is so bad, i cant tell you, its the only reason i think bitcoin has a future.
legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1005
November 13, 2015, 03:17:07 PM
Hi, everyone been hit 2 times today, but ip's based in the uk and us, asking to make payment to my hdfc account using a payment service called xoom. the first guy had only 1 trade, when i asked him for documents, was going round and round as to how good the payment service is, but did not provide any documents. asked him to cancel, as something seemed wrong. as soon as he cancelled, within 5 min someone with a us ip sent me a request, asking to transfer money via xoom.

havent traded, but just wanted to know, this looks suspicious. just though would give everyone a heads up. i could be wrong, though.

haha must be, the payment service looks decent, i had a look at it, but the way he spoke, smelled of a scam. i just couldnt figure out how he would do it.

Yeah better to be safe than sorry! The fact that he changed VPN to convince you as another user should tell you that he was looking to scam you. Apparently Xoom is a paypal company, so i am guessing they support charge backs? If they do, that could have been his modus operandi!
November 13, 2015, 12:14:33 PM

legendary
November 13, 2015, 06:32:56 AM

November 13, 2015, 05:57:32 AM

October 18, 2015, 02:42:38 PM
Hi sorry to interrupt but if you are looking for a safe way to make bank wire transfers so as to make sure its not hacked then please ask an ID proof before making a trade and cross check the account from which the trade is made that's the best i can offer as i do it too and trace down all my new clients before making a trade Smiley
(PS: anshul and ishan if you are reading this then this is the reason i got your phone number your house address and every detail about you and your family, now common man talk beers on me)

I had done that once. Had the aadhar details, name matched his hdfc bank netbanking page screenshot. Everthing looked perfect. unfortunately the entire identity of that person had been stolen. scam still took place.
Activity: 4
Merit: 0
October 17, 2015, 04:49:36 AM
Hi sorry to interrupt but if you are looking for a safe way to make bank wire transfers so as to make sure its not hacked then please ask an ID proof before making a trade and cross check the account from which the trade is made that's the best i can offer as i do it too and trace down all my new clients before making a trade Smiley
(PS: anshul and ishan if you are reading this then this is the reason i got your phone number your house address and every detail about you and your family, now common man talk beers on me)
Activity: 19
Merit: 0
September 17, 2015, 03:32:51 AM
Hi guys!

It's awesome that you share information regarding scammers here, but could you please also open up support tickets telling us about the scammers? This way we can also ban them from our platform. I go through this thread periodically to find the latest scammers, but it would be much faster if you guys could report them directly to us when you find someone who is acting suspicious.
legendary
Activity: 840
Merit: 1000
September 16, 2015, 10:45:44 PM
Beaware of this new scammer (https://localbitcoins.com/accounts/profile/SHIV4659/) and of his methods.

This guy provides certain details on LBTC chat and then contacts you separately via phone or text giving u a completely new set of details to send the money to. If u fall for that.. He has a great opportunity to claim that he hasnt got the money on the account no. stated on LBTC and the buyer is just trying to trick him.

There might be genuine cases as well where the seller might actually want the money on another bank details. For those please contact the seller and ask him to make it clear on localbitcoins chat..about what he wants you to do and then proceed with the trade..

legendary
September 15, 2015, 01:58:06 PM

. Smells of Deepak Chawla to me again!

Deepak Chawla was too small for all of this. As far as i know Deepak Chawla was found. He had a gambling problem if i remember correctly, and cops had raided him and a good thrashing was given, and after that incident he has not surfaced again.

Really , any link to provide an update on this ? I heard from a friend who is a seller on localbitcoin that he too was contacted from someone , and asked to confirm about some offer through the email [email protected]

which I believe is the same way Deepak scams.

That's deepak chawla's email id which is liked to his mobile number. 9911376028

Is this deepak chawla ?

I am not sure of that, iirc he looked a bit younger, but ofc, we are not sure if this was the same guy we were looking at in the first place. Just to update, the person who said that Deepak Chawla is not active anymore... well... he is alive and kicking and was trying to scam me again just 2 days ago!
Activity: 172
Merit: 22
September 10, 2015, 01:52:56 PM

Deepak Chawla was too small for all of this. As far as i know Deepak Chawla was found. He had a gambling problem if i remember correctly, and cops had raided him and a good thrashing was given, and after that incident he has not surfaced again.

Really , any link to provide an update on this ? I heard from a friend who is a seller on localbitcoin that he too was contacted from someone , and asked to confirm about some offer through the email [email protected]

Is this deepak chawla ?

Activity: 154
August 13, 2015, 03:48:27 PM
 deepak chawla is really scammer he scammed me too,luckily i was buying for just 20$  and he never gave me coins.
legendary
August 11, 2015, 11:14:54 PM

Yes, I am aware of that, but I am sure it was after december(which according to the pm I received was around the time that Deepak was found) that someone I know was contacted and asked to confirm about some form of bonus , by sending an email to that email and said that it was the official email of lbtc.

I honestly feel he was not caught, because if he was, he wouldn't try and scam me on 1st July. If he was caught, he must have been caught after 1st July. This new scam MO seems to be something that he is capable of, because he has shared several bank account details with me earlier as well, so i know he has access to multiple bank accounts. It could make sense that he is using an accomplice to blackmail people out of their btc / money.
legendary
Activity: 2338
Merit: 1081
#SWGT CERTIK Audited
August 11, 2015, 03:14:30 PM

Yes, I am aware of that, but I am sure it was after december(which according to the pm I received was around the time that Deepak was found) that someone I know was contacted and asked to confirm about some form of bonus , by sending an email to that email and said that it was the official email of lbtc.
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004
August 11, 2015, 04:46:56 AM

legendary
August 10, 2015, 11:38:16 PM

Pm'ed you.
[/quote]

When was this? He contacted me on 1st July and tried to scam me again. I informed Pankaj and we were in the process of trying to catch the bastard when he smelt something was up. Old habits die hard, maybe now if he was caught, he has found a new MO to commit these cons and is conning people in such a way that blame cannot be attributed to him directly. Im not really sure, but i have a strong feeling he is one of the con team members.  Grin
August 10, 2015, 10:52:34 PM

[/quote]

Pm'ed you.
legendary
Activity: 2338
Merit: 1081
#SWGT CERTIK Audited
August 10, 2015, 04:14:05 PM

[/quote]

August 10, 2015, 03:06:55 PM

[/quote]

legendary
August 09, 2015, 11:28:01 PM
@dizz , just curious that how does opening the trade on lbtc would not cause him to scam ? Couldn't he just send the payment through the other account there as well ?

Yes. Of course, thats also happening now. I just said that to that guy just to support my own side.  Wink

There was an incident once: A trade was opened. ID verified, bank account verified, phone number, everything else done. The buyer paid 13K to my bank account. Released bitcoins almost instantly. Exactly 1hr after that trade a guy called me asked : "So when you are going to deliver my 'puppies'?"
He paid that money to someone in dubai to buy Golden retriever puppies. And I was introduced to him as the Indian agent who will be delivering puppies to the guy.

And you know, it is really very very difficult to make them understand the whole things what ever happened. First question what they will ask is "What is bitcoins?" If you can make them understand what it is then they will trust you. If you are not able to, then they are not gonna believe you so easily.

I remember I spoke to this guy for more than 2hrs on that day. Finally solved - An amicable settlement !!!

Wow, thats weird!! What was the settlement if you don't mind me asking? I still stick to my stand that these guys are con artists who probably rope in their friends to join them in trying to fool traders on Localbitcoins. They already know they will be sending from that particular account as that account is probably their friends account, then they get their friend to call you and say stuff like you mentioned above. That way they will pressure you into "Settling" and this settling almost always is a losing proposition for the trader and this gang goes ahead on to the next unsuspecting trader. Smells of Deepak Chawla to me again!
Pages:
Jump to: