Pages:
Author

Topic: Indian localbitcoins scammer list - page 5. (Read 63147 times)

legendary
Activity: 2338
Merit: 1081
#SWGT CERTIK Audited
August 09, 2015, 02:20:11 PM
@dizz , just curious that how does opening the trade on lbtc would not cause him to scam ? Couldn't he just send the payment through the other account there as well ?

Yes. Of course, thats also happening now. I just said that to that guy just to support my own side.  Wink

There was an incident once: A trade was opened. ID verified, bank account verified, phone number, everything else done. The buyer paid 13K to my bank account. Released bitcoins almost instantly. Exactly 1hr after that trade a guy called me asked : "So when you are going to deliver my 'puppies'?"
He paid that money to someone in dubai to buy Golden retriever puppies. And I was introduced to him as the Indian agent who will be delivering puppies to the guy.

And you know, it is really very very difficult to make them understand the whole things what ever happened. First question what they will ask is "What is bitcoins?" If you can make them understand what it is then they will trust you. If you are not able to, then they are not gonna believe you so easily.

I remember I spoke to this guy for more than 2hrs on that day. Finally solved - An amicable settlement !!!

Thats quite a funny situation and a troublesome situation to be in. Perhaps you could have talked to that guy and had asked how he thinks his bank account was hacked, and why he gave all his ID information to this third party who claimed to be selling dogs to him.
Activity: 584
Merit: 252
August 09, 2015, 11:56:26 AM
Golden Retriever than means.....there someone made money in commission and stayed anonymous throughout the whole thing.
Quite a gesture.
Activity: 16
Merit: 0
August 08, 2015, 10:50:29 PM
@dizz , just curious that how does opening the trade on lbtc would not cause him to scam ? Couldn't he just send the payment through the other account there as well ?

Yes. Of course, thats also happening now. I just said that to that guy just to support my own side.  Wink

There was an incident once: A trade was opened. ID verified, bank account verified, phone number, everything else done. The buyer paid 13K to my bank account. Released bitcoins almost instantly. Exactly 1hr after that trade a guy called me asked : "So when you are going to deliver my 'puppies'?"
He paid that money to someone in dubai to buy Golden retriever puppies. And I was introduced to him as the Indian agent who will be delivering puppies to the guy.

And you know, it is really very very difficult to make them understand the whole things what ever happened. First question what they will ask is "What is bitcoins?" If you can make them understand what it is then they will trust you. If you are not able to, then they are not gonna believe you so easily.

I remember I spoke to this guy for more than 2hrs on that day. Finally solved - An amicable settlement !!!
legendary
Activity: 1105
Merit: 1001
https://www.zebpay.com
August 06, 2015, 06:17:55 AM
This thread should to in main board with OP writing summary and contact details of scammers and incidents.

Regards
legendary
Activity: 2338
Merit: 1081
#SWGT CERTIK Audited
August 06, 2015, 05:24:30 AM
Activity: 90
Merit: 10
I believe in Bitcoin!
August 06, 2015, 03:27:32 AM
thing is how do these people get otp
Exactly unless they are lying themselves after sending money to get a charge back
Activity: 353
Merit: 250
BITCOIN
August 06, 2015, 02:31:54 AM
thing is how do these people get otp
legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1005
August 05, 2015, 03:40:53 AM
This is a worrying trend!   Sad
How should we remain safe when hackers are going to these lengths? Maybe the time is ripe for proper exchanges to come into the picture as P2P trading has several risks at this point. People who have been trading with each other earlier and trust each other, should probably continue trading P2P, but would be very difficult to confirm identity if their accounts have been compromised. I generally P2P with Pankaj and even though his rates are little less than market rate when buying btc from me, i am assured that this is a legit transaction as he is probably the most trusted trader on these forums.
I believe in Bitcoin!
August 03, 2015, 11:53:40 PM
https://localbitcoins.com/accounts/profile/saaikaash2/
Sent money from a hacked account 58900.
Since this was a current account and the neft reached me 2 days later, I thought it would be safe to release.
But I was wrong, account is frozen now, owner of the account called, and I made him understand, lets see what happens.

There is no way to verify it seems, and my account getting frozen too often, looks like I'll have to stop trading.

If anyone else knows any details of this user please send them to me
Activity: 202
Merit: 100
August 03, 2015, 11:41:27 AM
Haha, this is damn funny whatsapp conversation. Anyway i have my own tale to tell.

Here goes.

Got scammed for approx 90k in November last year. More on that story later. That is not the important one. So stopped trading for a month, and then decided to start accepting transfers but after being very anal about verification. So had this guy who contacted me who wanted to buy 69k worth of coins. Told him id was required and he co-operated completely. Sent me aadhar card, sent me the screen shot of his netbanking account homepage, and everything matched perfectly. the names, account number everything. There wss no reason to suspect at all. Sadly, it looked too perfect then. Anyway, this was in January, 2015. 3 days back i get a call from someone claiming he had transferred the money to my account in January, and claiming i still hadn't provided the degree to him. I was completely lost, as to what he wanted, but he sounded like someone who already knew he was scammed, so was very patient in talking. Over the course of the next hour, i understood exactly what transpired.

Some guy created a website providing online degree, and this scammed person contacted website, to provide him the degree. the website owner, asked him to make payment to my account, and took all documents from the scammed guy, including his financial records, aadhar, other educational degrees, etc. An absolute identity theft. Whatever, document i asked for, was provided, as the website owner had all the documents.

the website owner and the degree seeker were in touch for last 6 months, but last week the website went down, and the mobile numbers remained switched off. Which is when the scammed guy realised something was amiss. so the only person left for him to contact was me. Which he did.

My November scammed story i will share in a couple of days.
August 03, 2015, 10:46:12 AM
legendary
July 29, 2015, 02:28:11 AM
https://localbitcoins.com/p/pekings/

A similar case for this user, I am getting calls from people that he has scammed them, by asking to ay into my account and not delivering on his end

So this guy also hacked into someone's bank account and sent funds for purchase? If this is the case, and we see many more like this, i guess we need to be careful because it could be a con artist at work who deliberately creates a bank account and transfers funds from there, gets the bitcoin and asks his friend to come and claim that his account was hacked and funds were transferred. Something like land sold by real estate developers, where they sell SC / ST land and then instigate the SC / ST guys to go and fight for the land and claim a bounty from the new land owner because he knows that SC/ ST land should not have been purchased by him in the first place. Once the bounty is claimed, it is shared between the real estate guy and the SC / ST guy and the poor buyer is left with a huge hole in his pocket. In India, you do not need to look very far to spot a scam, it happens at every level!
I believe in Bitcoin!
July 28, 2015, 02:47:11 AM
https://localbitcoins.com/p/pekings/

A similar case for this user, I am getting calls from people that he has scammed them, by asking to ay into my account and not delivering on his end
legendary
July 26, 2015, 02:48:07 PM
Bank account is still frozen. But I knew that it will be the first thing they will do once the FIR is registered. So didn't kept much funds in it. Smiley
Bank investigation team met me and prepared a report. I explained complete story to them.

This is scary, who can we trust now! The shit has literally hit the fan!

Maybe we need to check if the name given by the owner of the account and LB profile match before accepting a transaction. Guess we can always refund the buyer his money if we think there is a fraud happening? This seems to be the only work around i can think of atm.
July 26, 2015, 04:58:54 AM
Bank account is still frozen. But I knew that it will be the first thing they will do once the FIR is registered. So didn't kept much funds in it. Smiley
Bank investigation team met me and prepared a report. I explained complete story to them.
I believe in Bitcoin!
July 25, 2015, 10:12:52 AM
Hey diz.. thanks for the info.. and I wanted to know whether you told the cops that u were transacting bitcoins or did u just say some "product"? I am not sure about where India stands when it comes to bitcoins so I wanna know this just incase if I ever land into similar trouble.

Yes I did. Don,t worry bro we are not doing anything illegal.

has your bank account been unfreezed yet? and how did they respond?
July 25, 2015, 08:01:27 AM
Hey diz.. thanks for the info.. and I wanted to know whether you told the cops that u were transacting bitcoins or did u just say some "product"? I am not sure about where India stands when it comes to bitcoins so I wanna know this just incase if I ever land into similar trouble.

Yes I did. Don,t worry bro we are not doing anything illegal.
Activity: 202
Merit: 100
July 25, 2015, 07:42:22 AM
Just checked my trade history. I did a trade with him Jan and he had uploaded his passport copy scan for verification. Contact me in case you need help.
legendary
Activity: 840
Merit: 1000
July 25, 2015, 06:30:36 AM
The account owner was not ready to explain how his account was compromised. But it was not an individual account I think. In the crime branch notice which I received account was mentioned as "The Smart Shop Terminal Account"

The sentence in the notice was like this:
"He complained that, an unknown cyber criminal hacked his The Smart Shop terminal account and make a new wallet and purchased your product"

Activity: 584
Merit: 252
July 25, 2015, 06:22:34 AM
Thanks Dizz for providing vital information.....things are getting worse and worse even more.
Pages:
Jump to: