Pages:
Author

Topic: Instagram bans ICO and crypto ads - page 2. (Read 651 times)

Activity: 350
Merit: 12
February 06, 2018, 04:11:26 PM
Instagram is part of facebook now, so there is no surprise in this move.
But people on instagram are too busy to make selfies and to post pics of cats, to have the time to learn about cryptocurrency, so it's not a big loss.
Activity: 686
Merit: 250
February 06, 2018, 03:36:19 PM
It is logical that the fact that Instagram and fb is owned by the same company when facebook banning of crypto add was announced Instagram too won't accommodate it. It is simple as that.
Telegram is where most people learn how the ICO's work. Facebook and Instagram is missing out by Centralizing things.

As you can see facebook and instagram don't care. Why should they? Apparently there are lot's of people getting scammed through those platforms and it also seems like it's the target audience some of these ico's prey on.
Activity: 585
Merit: 33
Rasputin Party Mansion
February 05, 2018, 06:47:43 PM
You know, this is part of the global attack against cryptocurrencies. But I'm very positive that bitcoin will bypass all the difficulties.
The blockchain technology is too powerful to be crushed by some bureaucrats.
Activity: 462
Merit: 12
В поиске
February 04, 2018, 06:35:40 PM
For me it was a surprise, this ban did not become crushing, but I'm afraid that other sites can be the same things
Activity: 429
February 04, 2018, 01:35:31 PM
It's not good that instagram bans any crypto related ads. Btw I've read that facebook is doing the same thing. So how to make PR of new good project?
Activity: 742
February 04, 2018, 01:33:58 PM
Instagram bans ICO and crypto ads! Following Facebook, it has forbidden everybody to place on its site any information which referrers to ICO projects. You will not see any news about it there.

Your position?  Shocked
I don't know about this information, but a few days ago Facebook made the decision to ban all Bitcoin-related ads, cryptocurrencies and ICO. The reason facebook launched is to prevent the scams in the market cryptocurrency now, especially ICO. Instagram is under the control of Facebook, it may also be influenced by that decision. I think that decision is also reasonable, because there are now many scam ICO projects
Activity: 630
Merit: 100
February 04, 2018, 01:22:03 PM
After facebook also instagram: this prohibition I find it excessive, it is right that there is a minimum of regulation but if all social networks start to prohibit talking about cryptocurrencies should be abandoned because these are absurd restrictions
Activity: 179
February 04, 2018, 01:18:33 PM
Apparently the government really took up the ban on crypto currency.
They do not want the broad masses to know about this, because it's a good salary, and the poorer people, the easier it is to control them.
I hope that we survive this.
Activity: 55
Merit: 10
BELUGA PAY. Complete Mobile Point of Sale System
February 04, 2018, 01:17:29 PM
did not hear such news. it's very sad if it's true. why should they ban the instagram? I do not think that this is real news. although recently the instagram bans everything.
Activity: 672
February 04, 2018, 01:17:04 PM
Really doubt they could implement total ban including the page of a certain individual, banning crypto paid ads is really needed at the current state in facebook, so much scam Lending ICO sprouting almost everyday victimizing innocent people who are new to crypto, but totally banning crypto how will they do that? are they going to censored every post or topic discussion being made by certain individuals in their platform?! nah! 
Activity: 812
Merit: 251
UniDApp - it's DeFi time!
February 04, 2018, 01:08:29 PM
Well, Instagram is just part of Facebook, so it is obvious that it made the same decision.
But in the meanwhile that facebook ban is really a problem for ICOs promoter, Instagram is not a so important space: as social media has a very low target, its member just share tons of selfies, I don't think they will ever heard about ICO...
Yeah that's a disadvantage for bounty and projects. Currently, facebook is the most popular social networking site in the world and advertising on facebook will be a huge advantage for the project. But now facebook and instagram prohibit the advertising. Members who work on projects have lost their livelihood. That is really bad.
Activity: 546
Merit: 33
Rasputin Party Mansion
February 04, 2018, 05:27:48 AM
Well, Instagram is just part of Facebook, so it is obvious that it made the same decision.
But in the meanwhile that facebook ban is really a problem for ICOs promoter, Instagram is not a so important space: as social media has a very low target, its member just share tons of selfies, I don't think they will ever heard about ICO...
Activity: 882
Merit: 403
February 03, 2018, 04:41:56 PM
Instagram bans ICO and crypto ads! Following Facebook, it has forbidden everybody to place on its site any information which referrers to ICO projects. You will not see any news about it there.

Your position?  Shocked

Holy cow, the thing that I have been fearing for the most is really happening. This really is such a very bad news for the crypto world, to us crypto people and for others that does social media campaigns. Specially for all the ICOs out there that are still about to start since we all know that most of the time, the social media platforms are what these ICOs use to advertise their ICO to be able to gain huge amount of supporters and investors that will support their project. I really am scared that time will come when all the social media platforms out there will really follow the other sites and also ban anything that is related to cryptos and ICOs. Even twitter! Oh how I wish that this scenario will never happen because it will clearly cripple the crypto world as a whole and make it harder for it to be well known to the public. :/
legendary
Activity: 2786
Merit: 1031
February 02, 2018, 06:07:00 PM
Youtube needs to do the same:

Over the last 12 months, Altucher spent an estimated $2.7million on promoting almost 2,000 ads:

https://twitter.com/JaneLytv/status/954414362885853185

Bitcoin, litecoin, ethereum are protocols, they don't do advertising.

Scammers do.
Activity: 198
Merit: 0
February 02, 2018, 03:28:07 PM

Your position?  Shocked
of course they did you know why because i believe they are making a currency of their own and trying to get in the door like other multi national companies i believe this is a marketing strategy
Activity: 1036
February 02, 2018, 03:23:54 PM
Currently, Instagram is not an important place for spreading the ideas of the crypto community. Everyone wants to see pictures only and do not receive text information.
Activity: 159
February 02, 2018, 03:07:56 PM
I am shocked they did this because it is quick easy money for them. But I am happy the fact that I will see less spammy adverts from ICOs that I am not interested in.

But they are only banning paid adverts, the groups and bounties will stay there so I don't think it will have a huge impact on ICOs.
Activity: 13
February 02, 2018, 01:34:23 PM
It's similar to what governments are doing. They don't want to ban crypto, they want it regulated. Regulation takes time, so the initial position is to ban everything until such time as there is sufficient oversight, then cryptos will be allowed again. They even say this 'policy is intentionally broad'. Give it time, the scams will be blocked and legitimate projects will be permitted.
Activity: 13
February 02, 2018, 01:10:30 PM
Hi
insta belongs to facebook. Since facebook banned advertising crypto, it is clear that instagram suffered the same fate. Mark Zuckerberg refused a huge piece of cake. Maybe he wants more, he wants the whole pie? As Durov with telegram, probably Mark also wants to launch his ICO, raise 20-30 billion and live forever))
Activity: 451
Merit: 10
February 02, 2018, 01:08:10 PM
is this information correct?, or just an issue?
if true show me where the information came from?
me too , I also don't see any news about instagram bans ICO/Crypto Ads , but it's normal and prevent scam ico advertising everywhere, maybe facebook unbanned ico/crypto ads for 'Verify ICO Project' in the future
Pages:
Jump to: