Pages:
Author

Topic: Instagram bans ICO and crypto ads - page 3. (Read 651 times)

Activity: 182
Merit: 11
February 02, 2018, 01:00:45 PM
This is an expected response from word recognized social media sites and they also need to maintain their standard and brand name among the top in competitive market of their own. These type of bans are imposed due to some scams and spams. The better side of this is, the new project team will think about this and they will make a good, quality projects so that any medium does not want to stop them.
Activity: 840
Merit: 266
February 02, 2018, 12:36:24 PM
While there is information about Facebook banned ICO ads I am still getting ads same as always from all kind of ICOs ! To be honest I really do not know what that means . Maybe they have to fulfill there paid Ads before stop accepting new ICO ads . 

About instagram following same policy  if that is true I really do not see any new news since it is totally normal for instagram to follow Facebook policy ! .
Activity: 238
Merit: 10
The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet
February 02, 2018, 12:29:24 PM
Sets and Facebook have a connection, so when the ICO advertising was banned on Facebook, we see them also banned ICO advertising that is not surprising, as more and more fraud ICO project, I think this need certain rules to limit.
Activity: 1050
Merit: 102
Cryptocurrency addict | Invest at your own risk.
February 02, 2018, 12:24:04 PM
maybe too many ico ads are spam and a lot of scam ico, instagram prevents and willingly does not benefit from advertising for the sake of society do not be fooled by ico built by irresponsible people
Activity: 252
Merit: 11
PLAYHALL - SKILL GAMING PLATFORM
February 02, 2018, 12:14:26 PM
That is make sense. Because Facebook and Instagram are the same owner. So what we have left now for advertising? Only this forum, twitter, and Google Ads. But i believe, we don't need booth. The power of a project does not always depend on advertising media, but from the community itself.
Activity: 126
February 02, 2018, 11:55:41 AM
As someone already mentioned, Instagram is property of Facebook so this should not surprise anyone. Pretty sad that Zuckerberg pulled the move the way he did. Although many ICOs advertising on Facebook were scams, this ruins legitimate companies chance to advertise on there.

Indeed, it ruins the legit ICOs chance to advertise there, but, look at the bright side, they will consider more and more advertising on BitcoinTalk, via Bounty Campaigns and banner ads on the forum.
Activity: 126
February 02, 2018, 11:54:02 AM
Instagram bans ICO and crypto ads! Following Facebook, it has forbidden everybody to place on its site any information which referrers to ICO projects. You will not see any news about it there.

Your position?  Shocked
Facebook did that too. They lost some good amount of revenue though. We must admit, ICOs are risky, there are a lot of stupid ads on Facebook with plenty scam ICOs. That's for the best, but still.
Activity: 196
Merit: 22
Las Vegas
February 02, 2018, 11:52:56 AM
As someone already mentioned, Instagram is property of Facebook so this should not surprise anyone. Pretty sad that Zuckerberg pulled the move the way he did. Although many ICOs advertising on Facebook were scams, this ruins legitimate companies chance to advertise on there.
Activity: 168
Merit: 1
February 02, 2018, 11:49:56 AM
I hope Twitter doesn't follow suit.  Not all ICO's are bad and i believe banning ICO ads doesn't affect ICOs promotions.

Still, better safe than sorry. Most ICOs happen to be scammy so I understand why they're doing it.
Activity: 756
Merit: 251
Sovryn - 300-500% APY on USDT Deposit
February 02, 2018, 11:48:04 AM
Instagram bans ICO and crypto ads! Following Facebook, it has forbidden everybody to place on its site any information which referrers to ICO projects. You will not see any news about it there.

Your position?  Shocked
Yeah, just heard this news from my friend, only twitter left right now and i hope they won't ban it aswell. Not all ico is bad, some of them is really good but i agree that a lot of ico right now is a pure cash grab with misleading information sometimes so it's not weird if a normal people get scammed and have to report it. It's their decision and i respect that, they can't take risk of getting investigated by police because they are spreading scam ads on their platform.
Activity: 686
Merit: 257
February 02, 2018, 11:46:21 AM
It is nothing new. Since Facebook ban crypto advertisements, Instagram which share the same advertising platform will follow suit. I don’t see it as a bad news. There are too many “money making” kind of advertisements which is not good for crypto image.
Activity: 39
Merit: 0
February 02, 2018, 11:44:13 AM
I thought Facebook already baned it, but im still getting crypto adds on facebook, i think they need better AI systems having said that most ICOs are raising funds VC style or through Wales in presales and they not even coming to public sale
Activity: 392
Merit: 100
February 02, 2018, 11:41:35 AM
I hope Twitter doesn't follow suit.  Not all ICO's are bad and i believe banning ICO ads doesn't affect ICOs promotions.
Activity: 753
February 02, 2018, 11:29:31 AM
is this information correct?, or just an issue?
if true show me where the information came from?

I also did not see any more similar news, about the Instagram. But I do not think it will be a big tragedy for the crypto currency market. Although bad news affects the market of coins.
Activity: 68
Merit: 0
February 02, 2018, 11:19:40 AM
is this information correct?, or just an issue?
if true show me where the information came from?
Activity: 406
Market Integration Platform
February 02, 2018, 11:18:11 AM
I don't invest according to the news, I make value investments, most icos are like ponzi and they just want people's money.
Activity: 621
Merit: 288
WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN
February 02, 2018, 11:17:09 AM
facebook and instagram serving same ads. but i saw ned ads on facebook today i think there are some holes inside terms.
ICO and crypto ads are more effective on posts not ads.
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1003
February 02, 2018, 11:17:01 AM

Your position?  Shocked

I think that the move of Facebook on banning ICO ads now is not a single move and I think this is a move that is planned before Facebook announce it, as i can see how Twitter might follow the step of Facebook and Instagram. If this happened then there will be a site or a new social media that will entertain the cryptocurrency which will be funded by this group. This movement is getting nowhere but setting a platform where they can earn from cryptocurrencies. Facebook has paid advertisements but ICO doesn't need to pay them as people who join the bounties do that for them.
Activity: 483
Merit: 250
February 02, 2018, 11:15:47 AM

Your position?  Shocked
That's not a big news, different companies has different attitudes to ICO and crypto.China banned exchange platform , Japan not .We can't let everyone love crypto.
Activity: 112
February 02, 2018, 11:06:38 AM
instagram is owned by facebook and it is natural that their advertising policy is aligned.

This should not be a big deal but many are using it to shout "sky is falling!"

I still believe that for crypto, twitter is the better social media platform. It is more geared towards disseminating news

and sharing views versus facebook or instagram.

And the other big social media platform is bitcointalk! we do not need facebook or instagram to advertise ICO so as to bring in

more noobs. I think if anyone is serious about crypto, they should read bitcointalk and be on twitter...
Pages:
Jump to: