Pages:
Author

Topic: Instagram bans ICO and crypto ads - page 6. (Read 651 times)

Activity: 238
Merit: 10
Power the World for FREE
February 01, 2018, 09:47:10 AM
While facebook has banned the advertising of ICO, Instagram is sure to ban it. Because Instagram is invested by facebook's companies, they may be in trouble with their policies.
Activity: 519
Merit: 250
February 01, 2018, 09:44:45 AM
facebook banned advertising crypto ICO? I've googled but found only information about different story as there are more features that can be utilized !!
no, I read the article about it, but today I see the ad in my facebook feed

Is not yet final, but I believe someday when they fully ban anything ako about ICOs and Altcoin ads.
Scammers could pay for ads because that's not that expensive but Mark and his team are concerned with people who are victimized by fraud ICOs and lose their hard earned money.
Facebook position doesn't help scammers but to avoid people into falling scammers' trap and Tim people's lives.
Activity: 519
February 01, 2018, 09:41:34 AM
Instagram bans ICO and crypto ads! Following Facebook, it has forbidden everybody to place on its site any information which referrers to ICO projects. You will not see any news about it there.
Your position?  Shocked

I would agree with social media networks that they no longer support in promoting ICOs and Altcoins stuff because their platform is to keep people closer to the communities and not be the victim of scams and fraud ICOs it things like that.
There's a lot of ways in promoting ICOs and Altcoins outside Facebook and Instagram and Twitter.
Youtube is the most reliable source of information about ICOs and Cryptocurrencies.
I believe banning ICO ads doesn't affect ICOs promotions.
Activity: 189
Merit: 0
February 01, 2018, 09:37:47 AM
facebook banned advertising crypto ICO? I've googled but found only information about different story as there are more features that can be utilized !!
no, I read the article about it, but today I see the ad in my facebook feed
Activity: 129
Merit: 11
Blockchain enthusiast
February 01, 2018, 09:37:08 AM
It's similar to what governments are doing. They don't want to ban crypto, they want it regulated. Regulation takes time, so the initial position is to ban everything until such time as there is sufficient oversight, then cryptos will be allowed again. They even say this 'policy is intentionally broad'. Give it time, the scams will be blocked and legitimate projects will be permitted.
I think you're right. The countries whoever that will ban cryptocurrencies will be left behind. Thus is the future and it has grown too much to be stopped now.
Activity: 476
February 01, 2018, 09:36:35 AM
They are right, just trying to protect their users from the people trying to run ico's stealing other people's money. Too bad for the projects that are meant to be serious.
Activity: 15
February 01, 2018, 09:34:17 AM
Activity: 106
February 01, 2018, 09:23:54 AM
Instagram bans ICO and crypto ads! Following Facebook, it has forbidden everybody to place on its site any information which referrers to ICO projects. You will not see any news about it there.

Your position?  Shocked
This is really happening now. Governments are really doing all they can to prevent Bitcoin and other ALTS and ICOs from accessing and making a popularity about them. This would really cause some problems in terms of bounty campaigns. This followed the facebook outright banning the ICOs and other Crypto news. I hope they will see how beneficial the ICOs are and only those scam ICOs should be banned. Or, ICO industries should make a policy and coordinate to instagram and facebook, which are only one owner.

Can't blame them. Lots and lots of ICOs out there were just a bunch of craps, begs people's money and run away, leaving the coins dumped after a brief pump after listed in exchanges. Not really good for legit ICOs either.
Activity: 1079
Merit: 352
February 01, 2018, 08:56:52 AM
Well instagram already followed what fb did. The target market for fb or instagram i believe was a cassual people i mean more mainstream audience rather than vivid fans of crypto. This mean mainstream people will get rekt less if they follow that shitty ads
Activity: 275
Merit: 1
February 01, 2018, 08:51:49 AM
The government across the globe is trying their best to minimize the popularity of crypto currency because this will likely affect the global standpoint of each country financially. And things beyond their control are not acceptable. Mostly this covers the different social media sites that has the biggest impact in the popularity of crypto currencies.    
Activity: 868
Merit: 506
February 01, 2018, 08:22:09 AM

Your position?  Shocked
Instagram and facebook are nothing in cryptocurrencies. No one depends of those social media. If they ban ICO ads, I think the developers not care enough about the social media. There are many social media that can accept ICO promotion like telegram, twitter, steemit, medium and others. Developers still can use bitcointalk forum, and website and blog. This is free market and free world. No facebook no cry.

Well Facebook is a different story as there are more features that can be utilized. Facebook is somewhat material but long term it won't matter. Though I still see lots of crypto ads in Facebook. I haven't tried Instagram but who cares. There are lots of alternatives to Instagram.
Activity: 289
February 01, 2018, 08:20:33 AM
I do not think it's just instagram crypto ads, I also read that Facebook has also done the same thing, it does not mean we should not promote ICO, which is banned only ads ICO. But if you are interested to invest in ICO, I suggest to join daneel.io, because the only project that is very promising for this year, why? You can see the information here www.daneel.io
Activity: 812
Merit: 501
February 01, 2018, 08:13:55 AM

Your position?  Shocked
Instagram and facebook are nothing in cryptocurrencies. No one depends of those social media. If they ban ICO ads, I think the developers not care enough about the social media. There are many social media that can accept ICO promotion like telegram, twitter, steemit, medium and others. Developers still can use bitcointalk forum, and website and blog. This is free market and free world. No facebook no cry.
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
February 01, 2018, 08:13:24 AM
Bad for them. I think Twitter, Medium and Steam are sufficient to promote any ICO. Maybe other websites like instagram and facebook should be created and dedicated
to Cryptocurrencies news and conversations.
Activity: 224
February 01, 2018, 08:12:13 AM
While talking about the prohibition of targeted advertising. On users with their personal pages this should not affect. Therefore, while breathing out and waiting, what will be the next step Facebook.
Activity: 252
Merit: 14
February 01, 2018, 08:07:57 AM
This is very badnews for us. Especially for the team of ICO and the bounty hunters like me.
If Facebook ban crypto, my works and all bounty hunters works will be very difficult.
 Cry Cry
Activity: 476
Merit: 256
February 01, 2018, 07:57:56 AM
facebook decided to ban advertising of the crypto and now comes the Instagram. May be the next twitter. is there any interference from the Government?
If that happens, I feel concerned about the future development of crytocurrency. the difficulty is coming with cryto. ICOS will be more difficult in the promotion of their projects.
Activity: 196
The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet
February 01, 2018, 07:43:36 AM
I'm tired.
The recent bad news about cryptocurrency markets is too much,
Countries' regulatory policies, exchanges have been stolen, facebook has banned the advertising of ICO, Instagram ban ico.........
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
February 01, 2018, 07:42:32 AM
They do this primarily for their own safety. I do not see anything terrible in what is happening because there are many other ways to communicate with the crypto world and more secure ones. Wink
Activity: 252
Merit: 1
February 01, 2018, 07:27:51 AM
If all Crypto and ICO ads are banned in all media then want to advertise where else, try to find a way out for Crypto and ICO management so there is no longer any restrictions on all social media.
Pages:
Jump to: