Pages:
Author

Topic: Instagram bans ICO and crypto ads - page 4. (Read 651 times)

Activity: 322
Merit: 101
February 02, 2018, 10:55:49 AM
Instagram bans ICO and crypto ads! Following Facebook, it has forbidden everybody to place on its site any information which referrers to ICO projects. You will not see any news about it there.

Your position?  Shocked
This is really happening now. Governments are really doing all they can to prevent Bitcoin and other ALTS and ICOs from accessing and making a popularity about them.

First of all, instagram is not affiliated or property of any government around the world. Second, Facebook owns Instagram and the recent news that Facebook banned ads about crypto meaning that they also banned it on Instagram. Third, do a 3R's (Research, Read, Recheck) before posting your comment.
Activity: 182
Merit: 4
All the way up
February 02, 2018, 10:42:36 AM
Instagram bans ICO and crypto ads! Following Facebook, it has forbidden everybody to place on its site any information which referrers to ICO projects. You will not see any news about it there.

Your position?  Shocked
Yes I also heard this news but for me it will not affect the cryptocurrencies. Facebook is just a little part of this industry, yes it helps in promoting the works of an ICO but even though they banned Crypto ads it will still not affect the values of the coin or even the ICO itself. It is because there are still many sites or social media sites that really helps a lot it promoting the projects of the industry and these are twitter and telegram. They are faster and has more participants and interactors than Facebook and I know it will really help the ICO to promote their company.
Activity: 1330
Merit: 687
Arts & Crypto
February 02, 2018, 10:37:13 AM
in Instagram and so full of its advertising promotion when bloggers are spinning each other there is not at all a place for crypto currency
Activity: 215
Merit: 121
February 02, 2018, 10:32:48 AM
I've always been infuriated by all these Bounty companies associated with the Instagram because it's a place for photos and not for advertising and I'm clogging up an advertisement tape that's disgusting.
Activity: 48
Merit: 0
February 02, 2018, 10:27:19 AM
Hate to be the voice of reason here but most of you guys are just a bunch of clueless whiners. The Banning of ICO ads is actually a good thing.  They are trying to help the average person out there who has no clue about ryptocurrency and just getting sucked in by all the countless hype brought on by these ads.  They are not trying to stop cryptocurrency they are just saving most of your asses. By banning ads it quiets the noise so real investors can properly do their due diligence. The bigger the hype the bigger the crash.

Also anyone with half a brain can find dozens of sites listing every ICO with all the information regarding them.  Real investors don't jump ship the moment things go south.  The major correction we are facing now is because of all these weak hands who are all about they hype. Facebook is not censoring crypto, they are just banning ads okay. Calm down, I need quiet time to analyze the current market opportunity. Tongue
Activity: 773
Merit: 101
Soil.co - Earn USDT/USDC
February 02, 2018, 10:02:50 AM
it is true today is not only the government that became bitcoin enemies, but social media is already against bitcoin, from facebook and instagram. this news is quite worrying us all for bitcoin and ico users. hopefully not affect the bitcoin for the future.
Activity: 274
Merit: 122
February 02, 2018, 10:00:14 AM
this is their business and maybe if I was at the management I would have made the same decision, for them there is definitely no benefit
Activity: 640
Merit: 104
February 02, 2018, 09:58:13 AM
why this can happen, is this a good or bad sign ,? I hope this is a good sign to avoid fraud Because too many ico ads but it can not be ascertained that it is real.
Activity: 303
Merit: 43
February 02, 2018, 09:40:35 AM
I think I can understand why they ban it, It's pretty risky investing in ICOs and not all of them succeed, some even just run with the money.

They probably just don't want to be associated with it and want to avoid that people who invest thanks to those ads get mad at them if they lose money.
Activity: 100
February 02, 2018, 09:33:14 AM
Shocked that they are willing to lose some easy cash from ICOs as ICOs are throwing more and more money at marketing to compete. Clearly is a PR thing to show that they are looking after their clients.

Personally I think it is stupid, if you are gullible to throw money into a bad ICO solely on the fact that they claim they will hit a 200% profit in 2 weeks, then it's your loss. Bounty campaigns will now become more valuable to ICOs and they will still share their content.
Activity: 308
Merit: 10
February 02, 2018, 08:33:22 AM
All thanks go to these scammers who are everywhere just developing shit projects and draining money freely from investors. One disadvantage is that it will affect these good projects will legit developers. Anyways we hope for the best for crypto, Im sure a new way can be developed to help curb this problem of scammers
Activity: 518
Merit: 100
February 02, 2018, 05:16:45 AM
it is reasonable as now the cryptocurrency is now a lot promoting because of the bounty and a lot of spam because of this, they believe , does not even know good or bad
Activity: 19
February 02, 2018, 05:11:21 AM
Instagram iis the part of Facebook company, so yes, they inherit all the rules. But today I saw in my feed some ICO ads...maybe not all ICOs banned?
They have already announced this stuff regarding on removing them about bitcoin or any other cypto adds but yet I'm still seeing them as of this writing. Is this actually being implemented or do they didn't still make a move regarding on this implementation of prohibition regarding on this thing. This would really have an disadvatange for bounty hunters but a good thing to get rid of scam ICO's.
What is the minus for bounty hunters?
copper member
Activity: 76
Merit: 1
Tokenized selfhood
February 01, 2018, 07:55:44 PM

Your position?  Shocked

Most projects run bounty campaigns that enlist users to post links and like and stuff so I don't think it will have much of an effect unless they outright start censoring people.  Market is overreacting to this.
Activity: 210
Merit: 1
OMNITY Knowledge, connected
February 01, 2018, 07:52:16 PM
It's just another move in the global war unleashed against cryptocurrencies.
Banks and governments don't want to lose their power, so they pressure companies to boycott anything have to do with crypto.
But this is a clear sign that they are scared and that bitcoin can win.
Activity: 2856
Merit: 655
February 01, 2018, 04:41:32 PM
Instagram iis the part of Facebook company, so yes, they inherit all the rules. But today I saw in my feed some ICO ads...maybe not all ICOs banned?
They have already announced this stuff regarding on removing them about bitcoin or any other cypto adds but yet I'm still seeing them as of this writing. Is this actually being implemented or do they didn't still make a move regarding on this implementation of prohibition regarding on this thing. This would really have an disadvatange for bounty hunters but a good thing to get rid of scam ICO's.
Activity: 462
Merit: 306
February 01, 2018, 04:29:54 PM
In my opinion it is good news. We are in the right road.. keep calm and go on your way..
legendary
Activity: 1860
Merit: 1015
February 01, 2018, 04:27:43 PM
Finally they took an action, I was tired to see scam ICO's everywhere in social media. I hope they will regulate ICO's so we won't see scam advertisements again.
Activity: 19
February 01, 2018, 04:27:27 PM
Activity: 42
February 01, 2018, 04:05:37 PM

Your position?  Shocked

first Facebook now insta i think they are doing it because they are creating currencies of their own and this was marketing stunt
Pages:
Jump to: