Pages:
Author

Topic: Instagram bans ICO and crypto ads - page 7. (Read 651 times)

Activity: 406
Merit: 104
February 01, 2018, 07:26:33 AM
I never invested in ICOs and never will, so this news is good for me as the money coming into crypto will be put in the existing projects. It pretty much benefits all of us who are holding the coins that are already in the "system".

Instagram is owned by Facebook, it would be logical if Instagram as well bans ICO ads since Facebook already did that.
Activity: 106
Merit: 10
"The Best ICO with Best ROI:: Cube"
February 01, 2018, 07:21:56 AM
The big guys of the Internet are ganging up to stop the BTC revolution by banning crypto ads. There might also be a hidden political agenda to stop people from moving to crypto investing. Facebook and Instagram are fine, but I hope Twitter takes a different route as the way I see it, twitter is much more popular among crypto community.
Activity: 86
Merit: 1
February 01, 2018, 07:13:00 AM
Instagram bans ICO and crypto ads! Following Facebook, it has forbidden everybody to place on its site any information which referrers to ICO projects. You will not see any news about it there.

Your position?  Shocked
I don't think this is a major issue or will any effect on prices.If you think about advertising and popularity than banning one thing is also a way of advertising as you give that thing negative publicity and people will start searching about crypto and all.Apart from this there is nothing that this news can do.
Activity: 770
Merit: 102
Matrix Built On An Ethereum Smart Contract
February 01, 2018, 07:10:47 AM
The ban is for paid advertising, not user generated content. This will leave bounty campaigns as the only option to promote your ICO on social media.
Activity: 1377
Merit: 268
February 01, 2018, 07:07:13 AM
it is okay for instagram to ban ICO, it will lessen scams in cryptos and maybe it will be a good idea for us who are trading and investing in ICO.
Activity: 1302
Merit: 115
Pepemo.vip
February 01, 2018, 07:06:08 AM
There are too many ads on the social media for oriented fraud. Scam projects cause many people to be victims.
Facebook and Instagram protect the own users.
Activity: 602
Merit: 265
February 01, 2018, 07:02:04 AM
Not surprised that this has happened to Instagram as Facebook is owned by Instagram. Facebook two days ago announced the ban on crypto ads. But I would worry more about the Facebook one than the Instagram, because in terms of advertising the Facebook platform has two major advantages, (1) it has a wider audience to the world than Instagram (2) Facebook is more flexible in terms of how you want to post or promote adverts, Instagram isn't as it is more "picture-centric". Either way, these are two good platforms that can hurt the crypto community growth because most people spend their time on these platforms. I hope Twitter doesn't follow suit.
Activity: 728
Merit: 250
Look ARROUND!
February 01, 2018, 06:52:52 AM
Instagram bans ICO and crypto ads! Following Facebook, it has forbidden everybody to place on its site any information which referrers to ICO projects. You will not see any news about it there.

Your position?  Shocked

Nothing terrible happened! I also think that this will not affect the development of the Crypto-currency. In addition, it is not forbidden to make posts and put "like", so advertising crypto currency will still be present.
Activity: 114
Merit: 0
February 01, 2018, 06:45:57 AM
I have heard about banks that pulls down cryptocurrencies or thoae banker try to stop them up. Another, Facebook that bans Post about cryptos, and now, I can see a threadbthat Instagram will soon banned it too. What's happening? it feels like they're trying to put it down, and I can't help it. Our resources becomes narrow and we have to fight for that.
Activity: 630
Merit: 100
February 01, 2018, 06:43:00 AM
So we should be expecting twitter to also follow suit.  The incredible amount of coordinated FUD against cryptocurrency these days is staggering.  I am sure a lots of newbie will panic sell and many recent investors in cryptocurrency will be burnt.  I hope we can help with some educational thread.
Activity: 84
Merit: 0
February 01, 2018, 06:41:09 AM
Wow, i never thought they starts it so fast, yesterday i still saw some ads about crypto in facebook, and today i didn't see any.
Seem like most of the country and big platform is going against crypto. Maybe this is the biggest challenge for crypto to survive??
But i doubt twitter will be banning it soon??
Activity: 210
Merit: 12
February 01, 2018, 06:40:26 AM
Guys, maybe it's just a rumor, that Facebook and instagram will ban advertising about cryptocurrency?
 Maybe" whales" want to buy bitcoin and altcoins even cheaper ?or is it true?
Activity: 672
February 01, 2018, 06:38:39 AM
Yesterday I got the news about Facebook banning bitcoin advertisement on it's platform.  Now today again getting the same story from Instagram is really shocking. Though Instagram is wholly owned by Facebook so this decision coming after Facebook ban may not be so surprising.  
But as the Facebook can actually control the ads as there are ads too around the posts but Instagram having no ads having only viewers' opinion so I think there will be no effect of Instagram ban on crypto currency market.  
It may too be business tactics of Facebook.  May be they are wishing for higher rewards for their services.
Activity: 126
Merit: 21
February 01, 2018, 06:35:58 AM
If Facebook already banned crypto ads for sure instagram will follow since instagram is owned by facebook. Well that is their company so let's respect their decision in banning crypto, for sure they have good reasons for banning such ads. Especially most coins advertised in this platforms are bogus or only directed to self gain of the owners and developers of the coins which stealing money from the people, and knowing that facebook won't allow any illegal activities in their network especially they are using these platforms for advertisement. Facebook and Instagram are just protecting their names and does not want to be involved in any illegal activity that could potentially destroy their good names.
Activity: 112
Merit: 15
February 01, 2018, 06:29:06 AM
I think Instagram is just following Facebook. Nor would I consider this a sign that many countries want to ban cryptocurrencies. Instagram forbids ICO. Perhaps they think ICO has affected the user's experience, and that's all.
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1032
All I know is that I know nothing.
February 01, 2018, 06:21:52 AM

Your position?  Shocked

are you trolling or do you actually have a source for this information?

because in short Instagram doesn't have any "Ads" to ban anything from it or not! Facebook is a webpage which they place banner ads around that web page. Instagram doesn't have any banner ads! it is clean and shows what users have nothing else.
Activity: 326
Merit: 100
February 01, 2018, 06:16:33 AM
I feel it's a new thing starting as now governments too say that they will now mark cryptocurrencies as illegal affairs.
Activity: 308
Merit: 10
February 01, 2018, 06:14:04 AM
Facebook and instagram are moving in common. When someone does something, the other repeats the same.
But I still see instagram timelineda ico ads. Why does it happen?
Activity: 1638
Merit: 122
February 01, 2018, 06:10:58 AM

Your position?  Shocked

what the f? I thought facebook is only doing it. Now theres also instagram? the hell, then whats next twitter?  Right now i cannot really believe that these is happening to bitcoin and i dont also believe to this news , what source did you get this news?  but overall if its really true then we cant still do about it besides i really didnt care about social medias other than bitcointalk.org i would only be worried if they ban all the crypto and bitcoin community but thats totally impossible.
Activity: 224
February 01, 2018, 06:06:47 AM
that Instagram prohibit the advertising of ico the taste is okay because just a little project that there is Instagram so the problem now is Facebook,because Facebook always be in all projects.
Pages:
Jump to: